Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rediii

Needed hostility for ports a bit weird

19 minutes ago, admin said:

Yes
You can just sail to the area and sink NPC ships or players to gain or reduce hostility (but those have to be of the nation of the port owner or attacker nation)
In some ports it is tricky due to NPC routes. 

Question: How do I reduce the hostility made by hardcore nations? They dont have that many AI fleets at all compared to nations like GB, Spain, France and Dutch.

4 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

Question: How do I reduce the hostility made by hardcore nations? They dont have that many AI fleets at all compared to nations like GB, Spain, France and Dutch.

Killing those hardcore players...

It is funny that it is easier to reduce hostility from easy nations than from "impossible" ones.

4 minutes ago, Christoph said:

@admin

We need a Option to Change Ports from Clan to Clan without to set the Port neutral

We need diplomacy mechanics... it is basic for any strategy game...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

We need diplomacy mechanics... it is basic for any strategy game...

diplomacy has to be a national thing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rediii said:

diplomacy has to be a national thing

Not anymore with the clan system. We would have two systems collyding.

Clans can make a council and make all of them the same politics (which includes having the same friendly clan list)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Clans can make a council and make all of them the same politics (which includes having the same friendly clan list)

then you end up with a situation where a french clan is allied with a danish clan which is in war with a french clan. Solution? France vs france is not possible

18 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

National system involved all players. It gave a common ownership and gave more depth to the game IMHO. 

8 minutes ago, rediii said:

then you end up with a situation where a french clan is allied with a danish clan which is in war with a french clan. Solution? France vs france is not possible

Make it possible.

At the end, we do not longer have working nations.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fox2run said:

National system involved all players. It gave a common ownership and gave more depth to the game IMHO. 

Late for that. You clearly see how many clans are doing their own thing, even against national interests.

29 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Make it possible.

At the end, we do not longer have working nations.

Then you need OW national battles france vs france. With which RoE? Can't RoE be exploited to hide in battles or tagging eachother?

Who gets pulled if you dont have a group? Both? Only the clan that is your friend?

"Make it possible" is easy to say here but there are a lot of possible issues 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rediii said:

Then you need OW national battles france vs france. With which RoE? Can't RoE be exploited to hide in battles or tagging eachother?

Who gets pulled if you dont have a group? Both? Only the clan that is your friend?

"Make it possible" is easy to say here but there are a lot of possible issues 

For what purpose do you now hide on battles?

Before it was for PBs, now it hasnt much sense with the cooldown to join a PB.

And if you are talking about OW battles, you join one side and kill the other one. After that battle, you can go and destroy the remaining french that were in your side before.

16 minutes ago, Capt Trashal Early said:

Make it possible for a nation to vote and exile clans to pirates?

<giggle> Ye, that can't go wrong...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

For what purpose do you now hide on battles?

Before it was for PBs, now it hasnt much sense with the cooldown to join a PB.

And if you are talking about OW battles, you join one side and kill the other one. After that battle, you can go and destroy the remaining french that were in your side before.

to not get killed.

tag a friendly frigatr on maxrange. People either join the battle and cant reach the mainfleet or they dont join and your enemy hides for 1 hour and 45 min.

Stuff will get exploited a thought trough system needs to come.

Then its  just a pirate game. I like to recreate a sense of historical play as a part of a nation that had navies.

Clans are good for organizing battles in TS but they are too fragile to be backbone for a game. We need in game mechanic for this. Like the old diplomacy where players could vote for war of peace. It gave the game some flavour even though some players where pissed off by democracy... LOL. 

Edited by fox2run

Taking it from the other end of the stick, it is just a Rear-Admirals game. Everyone is a RA and a Lord of the Admiralty.

Anyone could become a pirate, but not anyone could become a RA let alone become a Lord.

Alliances turned into a Blues vs Reds gameplay, while the base idea was interesting the playerbase made the wargame dynamic very moot and shallow.

This being said the Blue vs Reds is not a bad thing ( I know I play it consistently in other wargames ) but the base game would have to be completely different.

• Like 1

I'm just thinking about accessibility for an average, common gamer including myself. Many players dislike hanging around in TS night after night.

Clans are a bit odd in my book. (At least they could be called squadrons). But I still favour the idea that all aspects of gameplay should be for all players. If you buy a game then you should be able to enjoy all kind of gameplay. 

To be single player now is hard and you can't get into PBs or craft very easy as before.

To have more players the game structure has to loosen up and be more open.

2 minutes ago, fox2run said:

I'm just thinking about accessibility for an average, common gamer including myself. Many players dislike hanging around in TS night after night.

Clans are a bit odd in my book. (At least they could be called squadrons). But I still favour the idea that all aspects of gameplay should be for all players. If you buy a game then you should be able to enjoy all kind of gameplay. 

To be single player now is hard and you can't get into PBs or craft very easy as before.

To have more players the game structure has to loosen up and be more open.

I think its impossible for all parts of a game to be for all players especially in a MMO where some features are expected to be geared towards group play.

Its pretty simple though you can do nearly anything you want in this game as a solo player but its always better to make friends :) and the game relies on groups of friends fighting each other.