Game-Labs Forum

12 minutes ago, admin said:

If you need to hit a running player at distance no matter what (to keep him in battle) it is better to do it using random mode as you increase your chance to hit due to spread (especially if that person started to turn to evade the broadside seeing that you started the shooting).

to rephrase from the running target pesrpective
it is much easier to evade the rolling broadside from distance if you see the direction the person is using. Gently Turn AWAY from his bow - stern direction and all his shots will miss. If he uses random many shots will still hit as you have to turn more and lose more speed

renomee style

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, admin said:

i use random fire mode in chases

why should we remove it again?

How about an option for players to choose to enable / disable random fire in the options? I personally barely ever use random fire, most of the times to get a nice screenshot of the battery fire.
I just accidentally hit random fire way too frequently, and as a result mess up my broadside. Having an option to disable it, so not taking it away from everyone who wants to use it, would be the best compromise IMO.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

I just accidentally hit random fire way too frequently, and as a result mess up my broadside. Having an option to disable it, so not taking it away from everyone who wants to use it, would be the best compromise IMO.

That what bring me this idea...switch off in options would be great and all will be happy.

• Like 1

There is so much time and so few buttons to press in this game versus many others... I am not even particularly good but I don't mind having to pay a modicum of attention. With that said I am 99.999% of the time in rolling front due to the type of ships I sail and engagements I typical find myself in... these posts from admin are giving me ideas :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

If you need to hit a running player at distance no matter what (to keep him in battle) it is better to do it using random mode as you increase your chance to hit due to spread (especially if that person started to turn to evade the broadside seeing that you started the shooting).

it is much easier to evade the rolling broadside from distance if you see the direction the person is using. Gently Turn AWAY from his bow - stern direction and all his shots will miss. If he uses random many shots will still hit as you have to turn more and lose more speed

Don't you think turning when being chased is a bad idea?

Edited by Lord Delicious
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Delicious said:

Don't you think turning when being chased is a bad idea?

Like everything, it has its uses, like random fire mode, and even turning when being chased.  Everything depends on situation.

Edited by Prater

3 hours ago, admin said:

r u trolling us? spread of balls at long range its enough random factor, no one needs to use random for it.

6 hours ago, Liquicity said:

How about an option for players to choose to enable / disable random fire in the options? I personally barely ever use random fire, most of the times to get a nice screenshot of the battery fire.

That already exist with the R key

4 hours ago, CaptVonGunn said:

That already exist with the R key

I was talking about accidentally hitting R once too often and therefore, in the heat of a battle, you can mess up your broadside. Happens rarely but sucks when it does.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

I was talking about accidentally hitting R once too often and therefore, in the heat of a battle, you can mess up your broadside. Happens rarely but sucks when it does.

That is why they call it heat of battle bad things happen when your excited and not paying attention. :)

Edited by CaptVonGunn

Just now, Duncan McFail said:

Whomever is defending random fire is smoking something. It's utterly useless. If it was simultaneous fire it would make sense. With a same mechanics as random with a much shorter delay between cannon fire it would even be realistic. 

Put it in a different shortcut, not in the front/rear fire cycle key. That way don't have to use it if you don't want :)

Cool beans :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

Whomever is defending random fire is smoking something. It's utterly useless. If it was simultaneous fire it would make sense. With a same mechanics as random with a much shorter delay between cannon fire it would even be realistic. 

this!

1 minute ago, The Red Duke said:

Put it in a different shortcut, not in the front/rear fire cycle key. That way don't have to use it if you don't want :)

Cool beans :)

Why would it be in a different shortcut? It would be the exact same functionality except the cannons would actually fire off faster therefore making it useful. I can understand rolling front and rolling back along with there uses, but there is no use for random fire unless it fires off the cannons much faster. Historically they did fire a whole broadside at once and it wasn't perfectly timed, but it was a lot faster. How about decrease the time between single shotting, leave it on simultaneous fire, and the nostalgics can still use a useless firing mode :)

Because then I can use it and you don't have to use it :)  ( as long as it is away from the brace key ! )

As per manuals the stagger fire of batteries ( divisions ) is the random. There's no simultaneous fire anywhere.

Also Maturin already posted something about the timing of the broadside.

29 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

If it was simultaneous fire it would make sense. [...] it would even be realistic

Simultaneous? Not very realistic. That would have most likely broken a real Man O' War's structures into pieces.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...