Game-Labs Forum

Kitting Thorn - Pinal Colada

3 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

I would like to report Pina Colada from Thorn clan for kitting.  He tagged me and just stayed at a distance on his prince tagging my sails making me waste my time without engaging even though I gave him the option to fight or leave.

A75C35DA401FEAB5AC04F346CFE75649A144A5F7

lol :blink::D

• Like 1

He attacked and tagged me.   I have no problem in fighting but enduring 40 minutes of at a distance sniping sails is problematic.  He never fired at my hull and I gave him the opportunity to run or fight.  I did not pursue him when he shot sails.   He would move away at a distance and keep shooting sails.  The sniping and time waste is the  issue with what he did. 

Edited by TheLoneWolf

What i dont get is how could he keep you tagged for 40mins.  When will people stop to run at 135°? ofc its the best point of sail but not if you compare it to the other ship. image.png.f65e2c146466dd83def8489498119eb1.png

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

I had a live oak white oak bridgetown heavy rattle. He was probably fir or bermuda.  So he had speed advantage.  Also, he only shot sails and repeated it after I repaired sails so my sails were not at 100%.  Also hrattle does not have stern chasers so he just keeps shooting sails from a distance.  Just to be clear, I was not trying to run and sailed towards him to engage. After 20 minutes of distance kitting I got fed up and sailed away just to have him repeat the distance kitting.  He sailed away after 40 minutes without even having fired at my hull.  Just endless hitting of sails from a far distance.   

The point is that players should not be permitted to kite your sails for 40 minutes just to be annoying.  If you want to fight, then fight, if you want to run then run.  But staying at a far distance and only shooting sails for 40 minutes is an issue.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Personally I don't have an issue with the tactic - he tagged me yesterday, we had a nice little tactical battle at range and then both left with a gg. Either use the next battle as practice for hiding your sails, don't sail a slow ship solo or just surrender next time - you always have an option to leave the battle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

No you can't.

As always you are full of shit Banished, and such a carebear.

Wipe those salty tears and get over it.

If he has a faster ship that you cannot catch. He can keep you in battle till the end. This shit has happened to me and it is unbelievably annoying. Regardless of your personal issues with Banished he is right.

42 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

Kind of hard to actually set a rule for that though. Where do you draw the line between kiting to waste time and kiting as  a strategic part of the battle?.

When he keeps you in battle with no intention of killing you and then re tags you after the battle time has expired to do it all again. He is griefing.

• Like 2

Yes sometimes I use fir-fir garbage, when I sail alone. You should try sailing alone in tanked out ships see how far you will get.

You changed ship to one good for chasing cowards?, you're not even the one who caught me.

I said good luck, and luck was with you as i went into shallows. Had nothing to do with you.

I know you consider yourself the ultimate badass of naval action, and maybe you are. 

But you are also a very salty badass.

1 minute ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

If he has a faster ship that you cannot catch. He can keep you in battle till the end. This shit has happened to me and it is unbelievably annoying. Regardless of your personal issues with Banished he is right.

When he keeps you in battle with no intention of killing you and then re tags you after the battle time has expired to do it all again. He is griefing.

Not for 10 hours.

5 minutes ago, Fellvred said:

Personally I don't have an issue with the tactic - he tagged me yesterday, we had a nice little tactical battle at range and then both left with a gg. Either use the next battle as practice for hiding your sails, don't sail a slow ship solo or just surrender next time - you always have an option to leave the battle.

So your solution to griefing is to reward them?

1 minute ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

Not for 10 hours.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Though, if no help came for you, it would be possible to pull numerous tags against a lone ship and keep them tagged for the duration of the fight. Rinse repeat.
Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

Now stop picking on Pina Colada, grief or not not reason to "round" up a mob on forum to attack.

Grow the hello kitty up. 

6) Griefing   -  Screenshots + Tribunal topic

badaboom

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Salty about what? I don't consider myself a badass, I sink many times every week. I used both super tanky slow and super fast ships for solo hunting, different play styles and both can work just fine, ask Pipalanoix, Reverse or Ram Dinark. My rattlesnake got to you in battle, that was the goal. OW tag was irrelevant. It's your fault you got "ganked", you had a chance for a fair battle, you didn't take it.

You got to me after the surprises worked down my sails, what's your point?.

My fault I got ganked?, okay but did I ever complain about it?.

And you go out in super tanky slow ship hunting on your own?. You know sitting outside a port and hunting are two different things.

48 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Pina Colada is a known griefer, he chains to death in every battle and never fights. He likes tagging you many times after battle and following. As experienced player I know how to get away from him, but it's annoying and time wasting. @Wyy @EliteDelta and many other players to mark in this topic to share their experience with Pina Colada.

I can witness to this, he tagged me in my LGV Refit/indiaman (dont remember) doing trade runs, I told him if he wanted to fight or not while he was at a far distance keeping me tagged in battle. I got pissed off and  escaped for then to wait 10 sec later of him still chasing me, tagging me info a new battle, still dint want to fight and then called me a pussy because he was griefing. I forgot to set bounty on him, thanks for the reminder Banished :)

Edited by Guest
:O

If i need 1h+ to take down a Aga or a other Ship in my Snow then it takes so long. Players told me for them that it was the most boring battle they had. My solution for that case is they coud surrender. But if someone does not show a sign to do some damage only sail shooting even he coud escape thats real waisting of time.

• Like 1