Game-Labs Forum

Reinforcements update

On 4/26/2018 at 1:18 PM, Borch said:

Well, thats why Im quotting Admin.

Presonaly I see plenty of Brits sunk in Jamaica reinforced zone. Plenty around Belize too. How it looks in other nations? Is it the same? I dont see so many clerk messages from other reinforced zones.

Maybe its a good choice to join another nation so then you can have some instant battles with newbies/ players that need their hand held in Jamaica reinforced zone. That would help getting them out of the game faster. I hope that will make OW better for real PvP players. Having a lot less battles but more quality ones, like in this thread :

Where most OW battles are pro's fighting other pro's.

I just hope that when casuals will be out, Pro players wont start using their tricks on each other to actually not having a battle when they dont have advantage. That would be shame. Probably some Pro's would stop logging too. Not too sure about that though. Need to test that again, because all the other tests wasnt definitive.

Can we have some stats/thoughts Game Labs?

Yes ... pro players (whatever this may mean) will use their tricks even more against other pro players. And yes .... a lot of pro players will stop logging if they do not have easy PVP mark farming.

But when the few left pro players will have finally realized that - thanks to their wise suggestions - Naval actiont has become a desert, it will be too late.

The only way to make this game regain players is giving both pro players and casuals enough content, but creating such content needs money and resources that I doubt Game Labs is willing to put in this game now ... so bascially .... nothing much to do about it.

all great,but

i don't need reinforcement updates 

i need more space in docks

when the new ui arrives ,do we get more space or is 20 the limit? 

([  stuck in port all the time]    i can not do what i want to do)

can you give us players  any answer to that?

Edited by Thonys

23 minutes ago, Borch said:

No Victor, we in developement of NA already had time when OW PvP became rare thing ( I dont remember which patch was it) and the most PvP battles happening were big groups OW PB screening and PB's itself. You think those pro's realized what's happening? Absolutely not. They started crying about lack of small OW PvP action instead. Plenty left the game or made theselves a brak from playing. Most of those who stayed still cried about "snowflake carebearing revenge fleeting port huggers" and demanded changes towrds making "their" gameplay better.

People need to understand first to learn something. Second cant happen without first one.

Well devs can’t make all of us happy. Some will like it and some won’t. If we don’t like, well we are free to play something ells. Devs should just make the game they want. Ppl want to play it fine, ppl don’t want to play it, it is fine too. It is just s game. But would be nice if we knew what gameplay the where aiming after.

patrol is such a simpleton implementation of an already basic fundamental feature of any game it's hard to take it seriously. It's like no effort was put in and they ported over the pvp zones from 3 years ago back into the game without any substantial change or improvement

edit: oh my, that's what they did. A 12 year old could've taken the zone asset, put it on 4 set points on the map, have it randomly choose between 1 per day and have damage calculated inside that zone recorded and a simple exchange damage for rewards without needing to click anything and without damage getting wiped if you don't redeem your reward that same day.

It's such a no brainer. PvE with it's stupidly simple mission system is more complex and dynamic than patrols zones.
Let me spell out the best, quickest implementation of pvp mission that could probably be done in a week tops.

-Take mission pulling asset from hostilities, replace the hostility mission with the patrol battle instance asset.
BOOM! PvP missions with high reward than you can use and take anywhere on the map that promote attack/defend meta outside of just capital regions with minor tweaking.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2018 at 1:49 PM, Slim McSauce said:

A 12 year old could've taken the zone asset, put it on 4 set points on the map, have it randomly choose between 1 per day and have damage calculated inside that zone

A 12 year old could have come up with an idea that people could rent their appartments to tourists online (and invent a share economy). Brilliant ideas are simple. PvP zone was brilliant until people started abusing them through ganking and tanky 1st rates. They need a fix, but are brilliant - can be better than PvP events once they are fixed. 

20 hours ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

reinforcements need to revert to the 1st rates again if you want Newbs and casual players to continue playing.

No, reinforcement zone could prevent all attacks (what 1st rate reinforcements did, but just complicated things further) 

After PvP zones are fixed though. 

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, Slim McSauce said:

HAHAHHA! If that's a book to you then I congratulate you on your 3rd grade education sir, not many of us make it so far! 

You definitely have all the brawns to still be a part of a fleet, but lead it? I dunno. Gotta be able to skim for that :D

A smart Captain retains an educated clerk to do that reading bumf...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2018 at 2:47 PM, JG14_Cuzn said:

reinforcements need to revert to the 1st rates again if you want Newbs and casual players to continue playing.

Too Late anyways.

The Game is Dead.

Even if they Changed it back now. Everyone who Left will stay away.

And the Few People who are left is for most part just the Gankers and Griefers anyways. So they would throw a Tantrum if it got Changed.

Face it. This Game has gone into the usual Spiral of Death.

Due to weak PvP Protection the Population Dies.

PvE Players demand Stronger PvP Protection.

With Stronger Protection but less Players the RPKs and Gankers no longer find Targets and demand less PvP Protection.

With Stronger Protection but less Players the RPKs and Gankers no longer find Targets and demand less PvP Protection.

Thing is. We are now at the End of that Spiral. There Simply no longer is enough PvE Players as that they would warrant enough Complaints for a Change.

So the Game will slowly but surely Die.

And there is nothing you could do against it by now.

Because are already below the Threshould where you could Pull around anyways.

If you check the Forum 9 out of 10 Answers you get is from Toxic Griefers and RPKs that want to Kill everything at any Time they please with no Restrictions.

And meanwhile the Playercount Drops and Drops.

If you Changed it now the Player Count would Drop even Faster because then the Griefers and RPKs leave as there is nobody left to Grief or RPK.

So the Game will now Simply Continue Dying a Slow and Steady Death losing 3-5% of its Players each Month till the Population has Dropped so Low that even without any Protection Zones they are unable to Find anything and thus the remnants leave as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

The one thing that bewilders me like nothing else and I, many others and even admin asked is... why would anyone play on the PvP server only to want PvE shielded from PvP when that already exists on a complete other server?

I think new players should start on the PvE server and get the option to switch to the PvP server with a fixed amount of gold, repairs and ships but no items. There would be a warning and everything before they can switch to the PvP server. 

This way new players can start in a completely safe environment but switch to the PvP server whenever they please with no way back and limited assets. We can finally be done with the "But new players get ganked at the capital and it kills the game" BS and players will have to choose what they want to play: PvE or PvP with the option of unprotected PvE.

This is the reason we have two servers. No more moaning from any side.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sovereign said:

The one thing that bewilders me like nothing else and I, many others and even admin asked is... why would anyone play on the PvP server only to want PvE shielded from PvP when that already exists on a complete other server?

I think new players should start on the PvE server and get the option to switch to the PvP server with a fixed amount of gold, repairs and ships but no items. There would be a warning and everything before they can switch to the PvP server. 

This way new players can start in a completely safe environment but switch to the PvP server whenever they please with no way back and limited assets. We can finally be done with the "But new players get ganked at the capital and it kills the game" BS and players will have to choose what they want to play: PvE or PvP with the option of unprotected PvE.

The moaning all comes from hard core PVP'ers who ask why don't they use the PVE server and its been answered a million times.  Many (if not most) players want both.  The PVE server is boring.  Maybe you should stop telling other players how to play their game.  I do actually agree with you that a new player should start on the PVE server just to learn the game.  I did that and it took me about a week before I wanted more than the PVE server had to offer.

16 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

The PVE server is boring.

This is exactly why I call BS on people claiming PvP players just want a PvE mission every once in a while and shoot up some dummies. The PvE server is boring just how PvE is boring for actual PvP players. I don't know any PvP player that is like "Hey guys I'm going to blast some bots, who is in for a ride?". PvE player play missions / PvE and PvP players play PvP. Moaning about being subject to PvP on the PvP server is nothing but ridiculous and flawed logic to me.

22 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Many (if not most) players want both.

Yes, and this is exactly why there are two servers and everyone is allowed to have characters and access to both. You don't need any fancy books for PvE either so having to do the grind twice is not a valid argument given how easy it is to make endless amounts of gold free on the PvE server.

And if people really feel the need to play PvE on the PvP server, they have that option and are welcome to do so aswell. Only when they start to complain about "being ganked" and exposed to PvP is when the situation gets really ludicrous. It is basically what you sign up for when playing on the server... or should be?

• Like 1

Easiest fix:

Make safezones 100% safe again, but also slightly reduce their size

And

Fix patrol zones RoE

-> More PvP between players wanting to pvp

Downside is that "protecting your shores" is eliminated because the game does it for you. One layer of RvR, solo hunting in hostile waters, erased - But I guess you cant have a cake and eat it too.

7 hours ago, Sovereign said:

This is exactly why I call BS on people claiming PvP players just want a PvE mission every once in a while and shoot up some dummies. The PvE server is boring just how PvE is boring for actual PvP players. I don't know any PvP player that is like "Hey guys I'm going to blast some bots, who is in for a ride?". PvE player play missions / PvE and PvP players play PvP. Moaning about being subject to PvP on the PvP server is nothing but ridiculous and flawed logic to me.

Yes, and this is exactly why there are two servers and everyone is allowed to have characters and access to both. You don't need any fancy books for PvE either so having to do the grind twice is not a valid argument given how easy it is to make endless amounts of gold free on the PvE server.

And if people really feel the need to play PvE on the PvP server, they have that option and are welcome to do so aswell. Only when they start to complain about "being ganked" and exposed to PvP is when the situation gets really ludicrous. It is basically what you sign up for when playing on the server... or should be?

You didn't get it. No most players want PVP and PVE on the same server.  I don't want to have 2 characters on 2 servers and lvl twice. Did you even realize that due that way of thinking population drops to 200-300 players?

Right world in BALANCE, like WoW, EVE or many more successful games. Balance, make a game more realistic, run economy and attract players. Balance on ONE server.

Edited by Testosteron
  • Like 2

I'm not the best PvP player in the game,far more often gankee than ganker, but the game needs a mix of PvP & PvE.  For those who say "You enjoy PvE? Go to the PvE server" I say "You want pure PvP?  That's what Naval Action Legends was for, and it wasn't a rousing success, was it?  Did you play it?"

The chance of a trade run being rudely interrupted adds tension to the game even though I don't go off hunting traders myself. The game must cater to a variety of tastes to succeed, and those who wish that it catered only to their taste are inadvertently wishing for the game's failure.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 3:22 PM, Sovereign said:

The Answer to that is rather Simple.

Because RPK and Ganking is not PvP

What most Normal Players think of when Joining a PvP Game. Is Epic Battles and Duels. Which in Open World might not be entirely Fair at all times.

But will be Fair in at least half the cases.

There is a Two Choices

Simply Remove all Grinding and Leveling.

Everyone Immediately has Access to Competetive Equipment.

This way everyone can Fight and will have a Chance in a Fight.

PvE Players will Stay away from the Start and you will get PvP Players.

Divide the Map into Zones.

PvE Players stay in the Safe Zones where they Run the Economy and where Newer Players can Level.

And PvP Players go into the Contested Zones where you can get Harbours and Booty from Enemy Players by Fighting a War.

This Game Unfortunately does neither.

There is a Tremendous Grind. So PvPers Run away from the Game.

Moreover it takes long before you get anything Decent that actually Stands a Chance against other Players.

Meaning most Newer Players just get Bashed and Leave the Game right away.

But there is no real Zones anymore either.

So PvE Players which would usually run the Economy thus easing the Grind for PvP Players.

Do not Exist.

They all left because they got Bashed out by the RPKs and Gankers.

Also

We tend to always Sort People into PvP and PvE Players entirely.

But Truth is barely anyone is 100% of either.

Most PvE Players Join PvP Server because they actually like PvP.

But not 24/7 and not when they are Driving around a Small Frigate and the Enemy is Driving around with 2 Constitutions and 2 Ships of the Line.

Right now This Game is a Complete and Utter Failure.

• Like 3