Game-Labs Forum

Reinforcements update

1 buffed ship per enemy? It better be as buffed as the EPIC ships then.

The reinforcement zone is already a bigger problem than benefit for the defender since the defender will usually be fighting AI as well. Not to mention the time and player count before the defender nation can even react. It´s not like people sit standby in port waiting to defend some random person somewhere against a gank fleet.

New players get a horrible first time experience, so why not just remove it? This is just another episode of letting the fox into the hen house and pretend it´s all good.

Edited by Jesper Dahl
Wording
  • Like 2

On ‎06‎-‎04‎-‎2018 at 8:13 PM, Cornelius Trash said:

But you force the casual player to invest more time.

Every time admin caters to the hardcore pvp crowd, usernumbers drop.

And the hardcore pvp crowd complains about a lack of targets and wants even less pve content. Corellation?

This is the negative feedback cyclus the game is in. I do agree with Lars that we need means of doing economic warfare.

All nations should only have a safe zone around one or 2 cities. There is a huge difference for nations that either sit safe up at Bermuda because people cant be bothered to sail  up there, sit up high in the east coast, low in the Mexican Gulf or something equally. Or nations having massive safe zones spawning massive areas or nations with just 2 cities.

• Like 1

The thing is that when I log on I like find battles and try to get PvP. 

Like I do in any other game. 

But here I need to use days to craft a new ship. He'll, I can't craft a Bellona right now as I lack lignum vitae logs and can't find any.

If I one day get the stuff for this ships and loose it in a battle then I have to start all over and spend precious time trying to build a new ship. It's not worth playing like this. I'm not getting fun out of this game anymore.

I liked it when we had multi duras. The 5th rates where spendable and the 1st rates less so with only one life.

Now I can't take any risk and when I loose a ship I'm out for a long time. 

In any other game I can take revenge. But not here...

This game is for elite players only.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fox2run said:

The thing is that when I log on I like find battles and try to get PvP. 

How do you find the patrol missions in this regard?

24 minutes ago, fox2run said:

I can't craft a Bellona right now as I lack lignum vitae logs and can't find any

24 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Now I can't take any risk and when I loose a ship I'm out for a long time. 

Does it absolutely have to be a Bellona?

They have announced a premium ship pack. I'm going to get everything and steer those ships into the patrol zones. Pretty close to PvP on demand with no boring eco downtime. If we get fun fixes to patrol missions it will be close to perfect for me. 

I would prefer to sail a 1st rate now that I made it to rank 50. But obviously a few players want this party for themselves. 

So 2nd and 3rd rates are the only options. But I can't risk them on PvP as they are too expensive for casual play.

That leaves me with PvE or 5th rates. 

Or other games as I did my part as a PvP fighting frigate cpt. 

The way this game has been developed over time has changed my gameplay from risk-seeking PvP player to carebear against my will. 

The main issue is that our end game players want to make war. They have nothing to do outside the green zone and seal clubbing pays the best.

There should be content outside green zones that pays better than seal clubbing.

There should be content that makes PvP players to fight other PvP players.

This way PvP players would not even want to waste their time hunting green zoners as that would not really pay nor fame.

When PvP players are fighting each other, equally skilled players will be losing and winning, we create a money sink.

What there could be outside green zones that is better/different than anything you can get inside green zones?

Content should be something that seamlessly works in OW, not some arena circle.

37 minutes ago, fox2run said:

as I did my part as a PvP fighting frigate cpt.

Most of the best NA players I know prefer frigates. You seem to want pvp-on-demand in 1st rates? Now, that's a tall order! (And I thought I was being difficult)

You often talk about "when NA was great"... Did you run around pvp'ing in 1st rates at that time? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

There should be content that makes PvP players to fight other PvP players.

6 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Content should be something that seamlessly works in OW, not some arena circle.

Another hard to please customer.

Patrol missions work great as far as pvp'ers finding eachother. I've seen and fought, Rediii, Ram Dinark, Otto, Potemkin...

Yesterday I got about 10 decent fights in the event zone. They COULD be awesome for any group (solos / small or big groups) if they had a proper RoE. A 10 man fleet spawning in a 2v2 20 min into the battle is just nonsense.

Generally I found that the pvp opportunities are much more numerous in the events than camping capitals hoping to get tagged (with a forever open battle.. *choke*

Id say 90+ % of my last week or two battles were located in / near the pvp zones. Isnt that what pve lords always wanted? Players wanting to pvp can pvp each other. Good. Now it just needs a decent RoE to make it perfect.

• Like 4

OW was too risky for trade ships and new/solo players farming missions in a risk/rewards - rage/fun  perception?

Let's create protected area aka pvp-free zone and put every needed stuff in it. (-risk +rewards)

But in this area you can be tagged (+risk -fun)

But you can ask for ai support autowin, (-risk)

then change it to not totally autowin, just strong help. ( +rage ?)

All of this is quite confusing.

Lot of moves resulting in keeping players inside boring reinforced zones, killing the ow life, but letting them still getting occasionaly ganked.

I welcome these changes from a solo hunting player’s perspective but on the long run it won’t do much. The game was a lot harder with many more bugs 2 years ago but nobody really complained that much because there were plenty of people playing and a lot more going on. 

The only solution in my opinion is to improve pve massively with scripted missions with goals and mor immersion. More ow content such as treasure fleets or famous historical pirates or captains that you can fight if you find them and get special rewards. 

You need a dynamic economy and maybe a score on a war so you can keep track of who is winning and give more meaning to fights, being for a port battle or ow. 

In essence you need more pve content to attract more players into the game and pvp will just happen naturally.

Anyway, these are my 2 cents about it 

Edited by Simon Cadete
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

The game was a lot harder with many more bugs 2 years ago but nobody really complained that much because there were plenty of people playing and a lot more going on. 

I do not think that this is really correct, a lot of the changes they implemented were because people complained. Track back most of the major changes and you will find most of them were to try and solve some issue raised by players. Usually it is a small vocal group of players that persist till the Devs eventually listen and make changes, problem is sometimes the Devs solutions are not what the players wanted.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

And I have seen overkill-ganks more than once... actually everytime I was there. 

Oh, for sure, we're begging for that to change, tho. The fix is easy.

I'm going there alone, rediii was there alone, Ram was there with one friend, so...

9 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

...In essence you need more pve content to attract more players into the game and pvp will just happen naturally...

Ok, then, I've seen this often enough. Give an example of a game that gets this right; That attracts lots of players with PVE content that in turn results in "organic" PvP?

8 hours ago, jodgi said:

lol, ok. Based on my experience with NA, this is what that translates into: Real OW PvP content = almost no PvP content.

and that is the whole point in a nutshell..  you ONLY want PvP but you fail to see why, without the things other players want, that without those other players, there can be no real PvP except between the few left on the server in very specific areas.

When we had 2000 a night on the server, there was ALWAYS OW PvP, but due to the screams of the single minded "PvP is the only god there is and nothing else matters"..  you have lost what you wanted most, true open world PvP.

Your statement just reinforces the fact that now to get your PvP you have to congregate in small defined areas which were never designed for that, but since there are so few players that is all that is left and even that is dying.

We are noiw seeing PB reports of 4 or 5 ships a side..  really?  thats just so sad.

Still you have what you wanted, so enjoy it.

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 1

To get back on topic..  why do battles close anyway outside the green zones...  shouldn't they stay always open as in real life, or does that not fit in with the "gank" mentallity that protects the person that calles simple ganking PvP?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Moria15 said:

To get back on topic..  why do battles close anyway outside the green zones...  shouldn't they stay always open as in real life, or does that not fit in with the "gank" mentallity that protects the person that calles simple ganking PvP?

In real life you dont have two dimensions, battle instance and a 15x compressed OW. If a battle was open forever you could call in reinforcmemts from across the map, when realistically they would have never been in the range of the battle to join. 3 min simulates that only those in range can join, as it should be 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Moria15 said:

When we had 2000 a night on the server, there was ALWAYS OW PvP, but due to the screams of the single minded "PvP is the only god there is and nothing else matters"..  you have lost what you wanted most, true open world PvP.

It just strikes me that everyone I know that has played the game didn't stop playing because of lack of pve. EVERY SINGLE one among my contacts from other games and places have said that the fighting part of the game is really good but having to deal with eco, cash grinding and all those things has worn down motivation.

Maybe you're right, that I run in special circles and don't understand what makes most people keep playing a game?

What did we scream about? What did we ruin? As I remember it pve content has only increased since EA release.

• Like 2