Game-Labs Forum

Players Take a Look at Yourselves

VonVolks

Every day i have to hear from a clan mate(He is a real life dane) about in the old days, where he played as britt, how you fought all day long, once defended 6 ports in a day and so one. With 1300 log in, even if some is alts. You must have the numbers for a large RvR fleet. Ships and upgrades is now easy to come by. 

Is there a point in what I am trying to say. Proberbly. I would like a strong GB, just seams wrong that the strongest naval at that time, are in this shape now. Just plain wrong.

1 hour ago, staun said:

With 1300 log in, even if some is alts. You must have the numbers for a large RvR fleet. Ships and upgrades is now easy to come by. 

Is there a point in what I am trying to say. Proberbly. I would like a strong GB, just seams wrong that the strongest naval at that time, are in this shape now. Just plain wrong.

Most Brits ingame are lazy af. I stopped counting how often I tried to convince more poeple to sail to ports like El Toco or Cano Araguao. "Why do we have ports in French waters?" "The port is so far away" "Why does nobody protect KPR?". Oh but now that GBs good players either left or stopped playing, GB "finally starts to work as a nation again" (council meetings incoming, yeah!) and they are very proud they manage to capture a neutral port like Manzanilla or gank @Otto Kohl 6v1 :rolleyes:

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Batman said:

Most Brits ingame are lazy af. I stopped counting how often I tried to convince more poeple to sail to ports like El Toco or Cano Araguao. "Why do we have ports in French waters?" "The port is so far away" "Why does nobody protect KPR?". Oh but now that GBs good players either left or stopped playing, GB "finally starts to work as a nation again" (council meetings incoming, yeah!) and they are very proud they manage to capture a neutral port like Manzanilla or gank @Otto Kohl 6v1 :rolleyes:

I imagine everyone was dragged into the TS today for a formal "pat on the back" for misplacing our RvR fleet but hey ho, those toxic people that speak uncomfortable truths are gone now right?

Time to hibernate and wait out this dark winter.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2018 at 4:05 PM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Time to hibernate and wait out this dark winter

Is there enough room where your hibernating for me to join you.

I fear we are nearly extinct infact i hear there may only be 5 experienced GB rvr captains left....

On 4/9/2018 at 6:51 PM, Spitfire83 said:

Is there enough room where your hibernating for me to join you.

I fear we are nearly extinct infact i hear there may only be 5 experienced GB rvr captains left....

We will be back, no worries

• Like 1

On 4/7/2018 at 8:36 AM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Thanks GA and ARMED. Thanks a f****** bunch.

On 4/8/2018 at 11:05 AM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I imagine everyone was dragged into the TS today for a formal "pat on the back" for misplacing our RvR fleet but hey ho, those toxic people that speak uncomfortable truths are gone now right?

Time to hibernate and wait out this dark winter.

to think you're dealing with the same shit that VCO dealt with on the global server, well history is just repeating.

ALL HAIL the taking of Neutral ports and defending KPR because it needs a mighty defense boys!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sounds to me as if the crux of the problem lied in the disarray of the nation.

Truly, the greater a nation subscribes to providence, the greater its lack of discord shall be. And thus success comes its way.

It is simply said that one must only be cordial with all, and while being cordial, speak softly and carry a big stick.

It's really quite a shame that one must continue to wield the big stick, but one never knows when a friend may fall by the wayside and allow their lesser natures to gain hold of themselves.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 4/2/2018 at 9:21 AM, VonVolks said:

I feel like I have to post after last nights GB vs Spain battle outside of KPR.

Myself and 2 friends were sailing out for some PVP and a laugh, and noticed a large battle had developed outside of KPR.

We joined and were on the TS channel. What ensued was depressing in so many ways, I hope this post can possibly give some people a chance to re-think how they do things (probably not much chance but you have to try!)

I can't speak for the Spanish but regarding the Brits:

1. As soon as we jumped on the TS channel it was confusion, with no clear commander designated, and multiple people speaking. People were complaining that:

A: Not everyone was on TS

B: Get out of my way

😄 People aren't obeying instructions.

2. The Brits were also acting as though only the core unit of Brits in the fleet were "worthy" and allowed to play; with people saying if you dont have TS don't join battles. 

3. Players were also acting as though losing their ships was not an acceptable outcome.

To respond to the above, I wa very disappointed to see these attitudes.

TEAM SPEAK: As I say We were on TS, but 2 out of the 3 of us were NOT native English speakers, as many people aren't. Also some people dont have the tech. FINALLY it's not a TS based game, it has chat. IF you are trying to run a fleet and know the commander HELP the commander by relaying his instructions CLEARLY into Battle Chat. Its not a twitch game and clear instructions can easily be laid out. Commands should be repeated and updated regularly as people join often and aso need reminding of what to do.

As far as I was aware I had NO idea who was in charge of the fleet when we joined. No one said who was in charge and no one updated order s (and I WAS on TS!) so just blaming TS was not in any way accurate. Communications is important, not TS. TS is just a tool that can help (but can also separate and confuse, as happened yesterday)

TEAMWORK: People were threatening to Ram people out of the way, and moaning about what others were doing, but again there was no clear commands being given on TS or battle chat. How are people meant to know by magic what to do? TS should be silent in battle aside from Command orders and important time critical maneuver instructions. All the people complaining as if they were the experts would have been better off trying to coordinate the fleet in chat, or issuing clear instructions in TS. Just because you feel you are important (or in fact might be important) doesn't mean anyone else knows who you are. Try using peoples names, not "Me" "I" or "You" or "that ship over there".

PVP: If you aren't prepared to lose it, dont PVP in it. The majority of the British fleet decided to leave "Because I am not willing to lose my ship because of these noobs etc". If you feel like that, bring a lesser ship to fights like this, and save your cool ships for well organised raids / PBs, clan outings etc. By doing this about face they left the rest of the fleet (who are playing a GAME and wanted a fight) to their deaths. No biggy, but it doesn't exactly encourage the new players to PVP when the big guns just bail out.

We still had fun fighting a coni, but once the main SOL fleet had left it was only a matter of time before a bunch of SOLS decided to intervene in our little fight, and we got vapourised, haha

Basically try and remember its a game, and played for fun, and to help your nation. Don't act as if you are the most important, just because you are an ace with a big ship. IF You Are important and an ACE with a big ship it's your job to help lead and guide your fleet, not bitch about everyone else who isn't one of your "ace squadron". Everyone bought the game and wants to have fun playing it.

Also remember a commander might issue the ultimate commands, but they need help. If you are senior player, help your commander. Explain orders, relay commands, inform new arrivals, repeat commands, address the fleet as a whole (i.e dont think only of your own ship) and generally try to be a positive influence.

Let's hope the next one goes better!  😎

when it becomes a clamour and people are just shouting out random instructions I'm lost.

TS/Discord must be a supplement to typed instructions in a battle to be fair to all. Raxius used to type headings for me and others in PB's.