Game-Labs Forum

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

The only thing I disliked was combining safe zone with outlaw mechanics, it made zero sense. FFA was ok for me.

Yeah, can't imagine how many potential new players this one cost the game... don't think any of them would look back and I can't blame them.

5 hours ago, Palatinose said:

Guys in other posts you ask for casuals to be the core of NA and here you want outlaw mechs for every nation. A bit contradicting isn't it? Outlaw mechanics are hardcore mechanics. Casuals are well..casual and not hardcore.

The only thing bad about it was exploited, namely starting Outlaw battles in green zones by alts so that other national mains could jump in, by @King of Crowns and others.

That was subsequently fixed by not allowing Outlaw tagging in green zones.

But if you changed this to free for all mechanics and closed those battles to only nationals then all the good things about Outlaw battles would return: namely punishing bad actors (alts, sympathizers and rogues), settling differences, allow for interesting dynamics like civil wars, increase our ability to train, duel, and find action in arranged battles within our own nation, etc.

I firmly believe the game should move in the direction of a more clan based game instead of having nations be the primary unit of organization. If we were allowed to close ports to non-friendly clans as a third option (open to nationals, open to all would be the other two), combined with a return of Outlaw mechanics to all nations we would mostly accomplish this.

Is this hardcore gameplay? Would it hurt new players? No, it would encourage good behavior and greatly reduce the impacts that alts have. This creates a much more noob friendly environment and encourages team gameplay and communication. If you eliminate the mechanic in the capital region then you even have a tiered system of safety to allow new players to progress out of. It could be hugely beneficial.

Edited by Wraith
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The only thing bad about it was exploited, namely starting Outlaw battles in green zones by alts so that other national mains could jump in, by @King of Crowns and others.

That was subsequently fixed by not allowing Outlaw tagging in green zones.

But if you changed this to free for all mechanics and closed those battles to only nationals then all the good things about Outlaw battles would return: namely punishing bad actors (alts, sympathizers and rogues), settling differences, allow for interesting dynamics like civil wars, increase our ability to train, duel, and find action in arranged battles within our own nation, etc.

I firmly believe the game should move in the direction of a more clan based game instead of having nations be the primary unit of organization. If we were allowed to close ports to non-friendly clans as a third option (open to nationals, open to all would be the other two), combined with a return of Outlaw mechanics to all nations we would mostly accomplish this.

Is this hardcore gameplay? Would it hurt new players? No, it would encourage good behavior and greatly reduce the impacts that alts have. This creates a much more noob friendly environment and encourages team gameplay and communication. If you eliminate the mechanic in the capital region then you even have a tiered system of safety to allow new players to progress out of. It could be hugely beneficial.

this is where I jump in and play like Christendom... don't blame us for the devs poor implementation of a mechanic. See what I did there.(blame the devs) if you want outlaw battles to return that is fine. make them a FFA and availabile to everyone and battles open for full duration of battle. otherwise you would have large clans like SORRY killing off whole nations as they did to the pirates.

why can battles be only two sided? not allow every nation to sail its own colors in these battles. or in the pvp zone fore example. @admin @Inkwhy not have battles that have an option to have 11 sides.... since you put that many nations in the game..this would help to solve your PVP zone problem of massive ganks. when given the option to join the winner or looser are the only two choice most people will join the winner.  example: battle in pvp zone of GB VS Prussia. GB 2000BR. PRUSSIA 500. and a French fleet of  2500BR rolls up on the battle. create a third option of allowing the French to join as French that would make things much more interesting in battle I believe... and it would prevent at least some of the ganking. 

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 5