Game-Labs Forum

Event Zone RoE  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Event Zone RoE need adjustment?

2. 2. If you voted Yes - Do you think players should be able to join battles on each sides until it has reached...

• 1.2x the BR of the other side
    • 1.3x the BR of the other side
    • 1.4x the BR of the other side
    • 1.5x the BR of the other side
    • 1.6x the BR of the other side
    • Other
    • I voted No
  3. 3. For how long should the battle be open for anyone to join, without BR restrictions?

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

chain will solve that :D

?

that's two different topics

limited chain is good, proper event RoE is good

• Like 3

92e25a33e742719367f976dd0c1bf363.png

Today I gave up after crisscrossing the zone.

Bellona was the smallest I saw after entering and that French fleet behind me, well... I think I am a little surprised people go in with super-ganks to win and keep their ships instead of doing all that sandbox stuff they profess to love so.

Hats off the the lone swedish 3rd who was there alone. This is the first time I just sailed back out without starting og jumping a fight. I'm silly but even that has a limit.

• Like 4

I‘d be ok with Liqs suggestions, but imo it would be even better to have these PvP zones removed!

Devs should rather adjust and enhance the OW experience and thus lure more players into it (RvR adjustments and more, diverse and interesting PvE content sorely needed)!

PvP should happen in such an OW, not in an extra and artificial sort of box with other rules!

PvP should be meaningful inside the world of NA, affecting trade  and thus supplies for crafting, kindling RvR conflicts and so on.

The only special PvP things which i‘d also like to see are „practice rooms“ (duell, 2 vs. 2, 4 vs.4, ...) without any rewards!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

Devs should

"Devs this" and "devs that"...

In the zone we can make our own PvP content since it defines a spot for those who actually want to fight. We could use some form of side balancing to make it less appealing to those big ship big blob "winning the war" dudes. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jodgi said:

In the zone we can make our own PvP content since it defines a spot for those who actually want to fight. We could use some form of side balancing to make it less appealing to those big ship big blob "winning the war" dudes. 

yeah just don't be happy with it. It's one of the most lazily implemented features we've seen, it's not even new it was implemented 2 years ago and still doesn't have proper balancing. Doubt its gonna be around for another few months, not in this form.

Edited by Slim McSauce

12 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

yeah just don't be happy with it.

I can't do the 2-3 hour fruitless hunts like some other players, bless them but I haven't got enough hours to burn. Ofcourse I'm happy with it! Even if it's super ganky it allows me to actually find warm bodies.

still doesn't have proper balancing.

@Liq is leading the charge on that and we might get lucky.

Doubt its gonna be around for another few months, not in this form.

I surely hope so. In it's wishful thinking balanced form it will be fantastic for me.

I may very well be wrong but I have no hope for what some people like to call "true OW content". Based on my observations in this game; The more "it matters", the more pvp is tied to eco, important resources tied to ports and what have you, the more timid we get. Every "it must matter" feature we've tried led to more pain than gain, apparently: austerity patch, crafting regions and fine woods spring to mind.

I see people stating "protection zones and patrol missions killed the game" in global chat. First off the "killed the game" line amuses me, not only have I read people saying that for two years, but it's only a myopic and desperate way of saying "I don't like this and I want everyone to see things my way".

The statistical numbers of what the patrol missions have done for pvp and where is collected and known, though not to us players. What if the numbers show that pvp has increased overall, but that increase is concentrated around the circles?

"Oh, no! That's terrrible because that's not how I want pvp to be!"

"That's great! Now I know where to find pvp and even if I get ganged up on I'm able to get something from it!"

I'm a terrible person; I get a delightful sense of schadenfreude from reading comments that zones are too popular and that is somehow a bad thing.

Maybe you sandbox purists should join the campaign to get balanced zones in order to diminish it's popularity? You'd get the dread fleets out of the zones and back into to true sandbox OW. Only the dedicated pvp airheads would still do the zones solo or in small groups. Win/win? 

17 hours ago, jodgi said:

Imo the zone is bullshit because it’s killing the immersion in an OW.

I can understand though that you want to have rather simple ways of meeting other people which want to PvP.

How about practice rooms then? 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Maybe you sandbox purists should join the campaign to get balanced zones in order to diminish it's popularity?

It would be better than it is now for sure!

But yeah, as I said (for me) this „you can’t escape the circle of death / arena feeling“ seems artificial and stupid - yes it‘s just my opinion.

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Navalus Magnus said:

How about practice rooms then?

People seems to be highly motivated by pvp marks to go to the zones and risk losing their ship.

You have to keep in mind that the idea was to not split the playerbase but get us all into the OW. I see many posters asking for lobby rooms, not for themselves but as a way of getting rid of the (almost) pvp-on-demand feature that the zones can be for the "almost insignificant number of dirty Legends players". Like I said in my last post: Your problem is that it is too popular.

If the devs wanted to make a completely segregated (Legends) lobby in the NA:OW gui they would have done so. They didn't want that and won't do it.

18 hours ago, jodgi said:

if you used the word "blob" you just know that it is impossible, right?

Edited by victor

13 minutes ago, victor said:

if you used the word "blob" you just know that it is impossible, right?

I'm slow, please explain what you mean...

32 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Like I said in my last post: Your problem is that it is too popular.

Oh, it‘s definitely not my problem!

If the zones are that popular, so be it!

I‘m just saying what I think would be even better - won‘t quit the game because of existing zones!

... just maybe because of this shitty circle of death and the nonexistent barriers for ganking! 😉

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

Its frustrating because its like we completely skip over general ow fixes that WOULD improve ow pvp in favor of slopping the most obvious inside the box answers to these things. Like with safezones being removed, we dont actually want that, we want facilitation of ow pvp with rvr undertones. Well, what does that mean? It means getting into players heads, asking why they hunt capitals and using that info to promote hunting elsewhere. The answer is more abstact than a simple pvp zone and you cant just poll on it, devs gotta figure this one out if they want pvpers to be satisfied. 

• Like 1

So this thread has been up for a while now, and I can't really see any argumentation against making the events more enjoyable, less ganky.

@admin any thoughts from dev-side on my suggestion in the first post?

• Like 3

On 4/14/2018 at 12:06 PM, jodgi said:

92e25a33e742719367f976dd0c1bf363.png

Today I gave up after crisscrossing the zone.

Bellona was the smallest I saw after entering and that French fleet behind me, well... I think I am a little surprised people go in with super-ganks to win and keep their ships instead of doing all that sandbox stuff they profess to love so.

Hats off the the lone swedish 3rd who was there alone. This is the first time I just sailed back out without starting og jumping a fight. I'm silly but even that has a limit.

Hopefully now you can appreciate my distaste for the Events.  :( 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Hopefully now you can appreciate my distaste for the Events.  :( 

Hah! You sneaky...

I thought you liked this wargame-playingitsmart-numbersisskill stuff?

I can't really fault the big groups going into the circles. In it's current setup you are able to "game" the events and avoid losing your ship.

If big fleets stomping the patrols disgusts you, liq's suggestion would go a long way in dealing with that.

Happily, patrols are also this:

ec6b2859e2e81242db2627bd81ddd23b.jpg

I dodged a bloodthirsty 3rd in the OW, sailed inside the event until he gave up, and found this endy way down leeward. I'm not too fuzzy about my odds before tagging as long as they're not worse than 1:2. We had a forty minute fight where both of us had to work our ass off. I still have rust to shed, so I need the practice, and hopefully that guy learned what keeping the wind can enable a weaker ship to do. I sank first, I lost, boohooo. I do it mainly for "The Fight", but it's lovely to get 10 pvp marks instead of just being sent back to port without my shitty shop frigate and nothing else at all.

Most true pvp'ers get the most fun and a better learning experience from close to equal fights. It's easy to set up the patrol missions to maximize fun and learning potential. Imagine if the French dread fleet from my other post came barreling down on one of us at the 30min mark... @Liq's suggestion would hinder them in getting their kind of fun inside the patrol mission, for sure. Find me a true pvp'er who wants to keep enabling dread fleets inside the patrol mission circle...

I'm aware of the caveat of having equalizing BR limits: Even one big ship wouldn't have been able to reinforce me outside the initial join timer, "Ehrmagherd! I see crossed swords but I can't enter! tHIs iS sTUpiD!". Well, my heart bleeds for him...

• Like 3

joined a battle

turned out to be a PvE Bait again. bleh

And of course few minutes later the rest of them spawned in.

Just surrendered straight away. No point, really.

So easily fixable, yet no answer ?

9jA7KJY.jpg

On 4/15/2018 at 3:51 PM, jodgi said:

I'm slow, please explain what you mean...

"blob" (or "bubble") is a thing that happens in EVE online, and it's basically a device that you drop outside of a jump gate in order to make mega ganks on everyone that jumps out.

So I thought that you was a EVE online player and then used that word on purpose (but in this case you could not have maintained that people could resolve the gank problem themselves, since a blob in EVE online - as I said - is basically a thing that player use for the very purpose of ganking).

Edited by victor

1 minute ago, Liq said:

joined a battle

turned out to be a PvE Bait again. bleh

And of course few minutes later the rest of them spawned in.

Just surrendered straight away. No point, really.

So easily fixable, yet no answer ?

9jA7KJY.jpg

I guess I really don't know what you expect to find there any more? Just boycott the Events! I honestly enjoy hunting along the edges of the event and watching the tears flow when you tag people outside the Event zone and they realize they won't be getting free marks or have buddies join late to unbalance things.  That's good sport. :P Or just go hunt a port battle location, those are "PvP Patrol Zones" without the dumb-dumb RoE?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I honestly enjoy hunting along the edges of the event and watching the tears flow when you tag people outside the Event zone and they realize they won't be getting free marks or have buddies join late to unbalance things.  That's good sport. :P Or just go hunt a port battle location, those are "PvP Patrol Zones" without the dumb-dumb RoE?

This is great, honestly!

We don't want to boycott something that could be really, really fun.

73 Voters, 93% of which agreed that a change was needed

but not even a comment as to why its not gonna happen :D

This game in a nutshell