Game-Labs Forum

Event Zone RoE  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Event Zone RoE need adjustment?

2. 2. If you voted Yes - Do you think players should be able to join battles on each sides until it has reached...

• 1.2x the BR of the other side
    • 1.3x the BR of the other side
    • 1.4x the BR of the other side
    • 1.5x the BR of the other side
    • 1.6x the BR of the other side
    • Other
    • I voted No
  3. 3. For how long should the battle be open for anyone to join, without BR restrictions?

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

*almost chokes with laughter*

You post something of a fellow with absolutely no idea how to build a channel, that wants to rush to popularity and, as I said before, makes no justice to NA game and community at all. He is right - this is not your adrenaline rush 90 minutes game.

Plus he "refused" to learn the game... that's the worst...and even insulted fellows that tried...

Smoke build up a consistent channel with 2k+ viewers whenever he's online with DayZ SA for years. He is educated, never gets mad, explains every detail of what he is doing and why, has great chat with everyone, and never ever engages with toxic people. Tell me more about long travels and downtime, how DayZ is different from NA - it is all about chance encounters, believe it or not. But hey, definitely the audience of Mo is not the same, hence the ratio of 2K to 15 - it has nothing to do with the game but the difference between a nice plate of fine cuisine and junk food.

I dont get this comparison at all. Not all streamers are nice guys (DrDisrespect is one of the 10 most followed twitch streamers), hes not educational and people watch him because they want to see him raging. Same for Tyler1 btw (also in top 10).

Difference between DayZ and NA? DayZ used to be popular, you cant grow a channel if noone wants to watch the game.

And whether you like him or not, it does not seem like he is going for a "rush" to get viewers since he quits his most viewed game and streams some other niche games noone watches.

You are never critical to anything towards NA and here you suddenly compare apples with tomatoes...

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 2

Wow, community never was so likeminded about anything. I think even if you asked "do you want to receive free Hercules note", it would be impossible to get 90% on one answer. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Liq said:

cBtp9Kw.jpg

he has some valid points

why not make event zone aka. patorl zone work with proper RoE so anyone can get tehmselves a quick battle after work / school / whatever ?

spawning in 30 minutes into a battle without any kind of limits is just BS.

You are absolutely right but it would work if there was a decent population there would be almost PB sized fights constantly, 

i know I’m off topic here but, right now the devs need to go fix their original fuck up of not having the basics in game like an actual ui and a tutorial (which by the way really needs more depth, but I suspect it will change dramatically once the basics are done and hopefully they do some more content development and some finalization on the game rules). I know the vets find getting this done right now a poor decision but it has to be done, what they should do is incorporate NAL to NA so you can just jump straight into the action whether that’s pve or pvp from port but you still lose your ship if you sink it keeps the guys who have couple of hours to play. Now before hunter cry about not having anything to hunt just remember you have next to nothing to hunt now,

Sorry for off topic 😁

14 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

You are absolutely right but it would work if there was a decent population there would be almost PB sized fights constantly,

This has nothing to do with population on a server, it is ONE OF THE REASONS for low population among lot of others.

If such simple things, as having nearly same BR on each side in a PVP zone, can not be solved with 1 update, i see a very dark future for this project.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 12:32 PM, Oberon74 said:

You just have to close the battles or make the ROE work.  I prefer the battles to close, because if you've been fighting for a while and are damaged, even one fresh enemy is a death sentence.

Battle being open for more than two minutes...Bad.

No no no no! :P

The battle must stay open, seriusly! The fact that the battle stays open for 30 minutes increases the chanse for other players to find and join a fight. If all battles instant close (3 min) like normal ROE this patrol is just like the old PvP event (that died out), except for players can safely farm AI fleets and get paid PvP marks for it. 

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 3

On 5/27/2018 at 10:39 AM, Fenris said:

This has nothing to do with population on a server, it is ONE OF THE REASONS for low population among lot of others.

If such simple things, as having nearly same BR on each side in a PVP zone, can not be solved with 1 update, i see a very dark future for this project.

And equall br is also not the entire answer it can still be exploited You take a big ship such as a buc and a group of princes tag you and you will most likely lose if there in the right hands then we’re back to square one people complaing, it solves the small ship/ solo player  getting ganked by big ships/groups 

And if we had decent population there wouldn’t be such a huge br difference, also you are telling me if we had over 1000 players round the clock that there wouldn’t be fights every where I’d have to disagree sorry, also I play in the lowest population time zone and the pvp zones have always been quite. 

3 hours ago, Rebrall said:

You take a big ship such as a buc and a group of princes tag you

What a shitty example :)

If they do so they will lose their masts, and by the way, who is going to play in a group of Prince in a PVP zone? Are you serious?

Get lost.

3 hours ago, Rebrall said:

And if we had decent population there wouldn’t be such a huge br difference, also you are telling me if we had over 1000 players round the clock that there wouldn’t be fights every where I’d have to disagree sorry, also I play in the lowest population time zone and the pvp zones have always been quite. 

When I started to play NA we had 2000+ players and the gank was REAL back then as well, but this is ancient NA history. The point is do not fool your self! If the basic mechanics are not properly balanced with 250 players, it will not get better with 2500! 

We need a mechanic to prevent hugely uneven fights like 1vs7. But at the same time for normal players like my self to have a chance at sinking redii or Liq we must allow at least 1 vs 2 :P

• Like 2

Seriously I think 99% of NA's problems would be fixed with a few thousand more players. I'm bummed because there are few non-generic MMO's, definitely nothing close to NA in attention to detail.. The only good group fights I find are in PBs and patrol zone. I didn't buy NA to do preset instanced battles. I've lost interest in the same way I lost interest in NA:L. The element of OW is still there, but it's so flat and boring even the superb simulation of battle isn't enough to keep me enthused and interested. I think it's true with many people who use to play this game and are now not. It seems everyone wants the game to succeed, and a good chunk of the player base will come back for the UI update.. We've seen it before with big updates, it never sticks. This game needs serious momentum to get going for release. The good news is that UI is the perfect start to that momentum.

What it looks like to me is we need what is the patrol zone ALL around the map. That ROE works VERY well for attracting players and promoting fights. How likely is it that there is a dedicated fanbase who are only playing patrols right now? How many are dedicated to OW? It could be there are more doingpatrols regularly than there are hunting on OW (if you don't include PB and capital camping).

If we were to attract 2k players tomorrow, how would PVP look if they had a few weeks to gear up and get familiar with it. How would the game play at that point? It's been so long since we've seen it this way, no one really knows anymore. Even if you were around for that time the playerbase was so much different from now, along with the game and mechanics. The population of the game should be measured how it is, if there are 400 people playing and not all of the map is being used, or certain aspects of the game feel like they're missing because lack of players then those should be the first things worked on. Not being fully functional due to player numbers is a surefire way for a game to die and remain dead.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fenris said:

What a shitty example :)

If they do so they will lose their masts, and by the way, who is going to play in a group of Prince in a PVP zone? Are you serious?

Get lost.

Really shit example do you even play NA?

let me tell you how that fight goes for you prince hugs your side and you can’t  shoot it cause your gun ports are to high while the other hits your sails from the front as you don’t have chasers so you push the prince into the wind to rage board oh wait let’s push a prince up wind into one of its best PoS 👏 and it gets away from you the stern camps you 👌 so who sails in a princes 🤨

id offer you the same advice of “get lost” but As I said your point has some merit we do need some roe fix stops the ganking of smaller ships in bigger ships it does’nt fix the vice versa 

I will offer you some advice get of your backside and go sail some ships as all of them have there advantages

11 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

When I started to play NA we had 2000+ players and the gank was REAL back then as well, but this is ancient NA history. The point is do not fool your self! If the basic mechanics are not properly balanced with 250 players, it will not get better with 2500! 

We need a mechanic to prevent hugely uneven fights like 1vs7. But at the same time for normal players like my self to have a chance at sinking redii or Liq we must allow at least 1 vs 2 :P

I’m not doubting that fact but introducing just a br cap is not going to help tbh it would be better if the did a 1.5x br and class rates missions such as they did with the one at Leo and remove the free for all .

the whole reason there is complaints is cause on there introduction a lot of players decided to bring a few tagging ships and an almost full 1st rate fleet and ganked smaller groups, now you get the smaller groups ganking the solo players it’s just a snowball effect cause people always want the advantage 

Edited by Rebrall

6 hours ago, Rebrall said:

Really shit example do you even play NA?

let me tell you how that fight goes for you prince hugs your side and you can’t  shoot it cause your gun ports are to high while the other hits your sails from the front as you don’t have chasers so you push the prince into the wind to rage board oh wait let’s push a prince up wind into one of its best PoS 👏 and it gets away from you the stern camps you 👌 so who sails in a princes 🤨

id offer you the same advice of “get lost” but As I said your point has some merit we do need some roe fix stops the ganking of smaller ships in bigger ships it does’nt fix the vice versa 

I will offer you some advice get of your backside and go sail some ships as all of them have there advantages

I’m not doubting that fact but introducing just a br cap is not going to help tbh it would be better if the did a 1.5x br and class rates missions such as they did with the one at Leo and remove the free for all .

the whole reason there is complaints is cause on there introduction a lot of players decided to bring a few tagging ships and an almost full 1st rate fleet and ganked smaller groups, now you get the smaller groups ganking the solo players it’s just a snowball effect cause people always want the advantage 

thing is that there is a BR limit in pvp events but if you show up with that limit (looks for me like planned groupsize/designed for that size) then you only get ganks

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rediii said:

thing is that there is a BR limit in pvp events but if you show up with that limit (looks for me like planned groupsize/designed for that size) then you only get ganks

As you are one of very few I feel could really see a fair solution What would be your thoughts to improve the pvp events? 

Also so I wasn’t very clear by limit I mean the max opposition you can face  eg 1.5x your br 

Unfortunately I feel there is only so many mechanics we can put in place to prevent it which you can’t stop it all. 

Edited by Rebrall

11 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

As you are one of very few I feel could really see a fair solution What would be your thoughts to improve the pvp events? 

Also so I wasn’t very clear by limit I mean the max opposition you can face  eg 1.5x your br 

Unfortunately I feel there is only so many mechanics we can put in place to prevent it which you can’t stop it all. 

Liq posted it earlier but I think that requires too much work to program. I guess I would just make BR limit dynamic depending on ppl online 1 week earlier so the BR limit fits current population.

1.5 of the BR is fine aswell but then you get opening battles which isnt there yet I believe (for example Attacker has 1.5 BR, now defender can join, battle join for attacker open again etc.) which means more work implementing I guess.

Or just dont let them open again. Everything is better than current RoE

• Like 2

abeea9acb68ffbc629f2510bacb72861.png

*Record Scratch*

*Freeze Frame*

"Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation..."

I so want patrol mission zone RoE to enable fun and block ganks because the zone gameplay suits me perfectly, both because I have limited time each stint and because I want challenging fights that aren't decided before they start.

Today's storytime isn't about death squads steamrolling the zones but rather small groups of friends playing together. This is probably the best argument against BR entry limits; "But how about two or three guys playing together? BR limits will force them to split up." We'll get to this in a while...

I deliberately play the zones in my best imitation of a pubbie; I get a cheap(ish) ship and go in alone with reckless abandon.

Two days ago I picked up an ok trinco, for waaay too much money, in Tortue and headed for the Leogane zone. There was nothing to be seen in almost the entire zone before I happened upon a set of crossed swords. It looked odd. The fight was extremely lopsided and I clicked in to support the low side without even a thought towards all the cheesy ways of setting traps. Inside the instance there was a player in a cutter who got captured seconds after my sails were set so I was left with a bot Surprise.

Then three guys clicked in on the low BR side.

39b8f602defa565558c6c0f6d841b885.png

I laughed and hailed them (I do not extend my pubbie imitation to pouting, whining or rage). I asked @Palatinose if he'd used the Dutch cutter to set a trap and I completely trust his negative answer. I rageboarded the surp in order to get damage done while the Swedish pocket dread fleet beat upwind. This wasn't much fun for anyone, I'd say.

I got right back up on the horse but had to settle for an AI sold cerb as the player frigates in tortue were both unreasonably expensive and made out of silly woods. It's unlikely to find a fair fight in a cerb but at least I could hope to claw my way above the 20k damage threshold to get my 10 pvp marks as consolation for the close to 1mill in cash I'd spent.

After searching for ten minutes I decided to tag a bot Essex. I didn't want to keep the cerb so I clicked the bigger ship knowing it would overpower the cerb, I also chose that bot to set up for a social experiment, if you will.

The bait worked, hook, line and sinker. ;) Look at these heroes:

57c7345987f6ea82eafabfccfdc6c1f7.png

People disregard admin's patrol mission description and hope for easy kills and fast getaways. So, for the zone to work as intended we need BR entry limits to counteract the low road behaviour the full loot - full loss OW has conditioned us into. I'm not above mild ridicule towards the VINO guys, but let's be honest; they represent the majority and not some scumbag minority.

Thanks for listening.

• Like 3