Game-Labs Forum

50 ships

guestion to devs

at the moment we have 50 ships in the game

but we have 20 ship slots to use

can we at least have some more  of the ships who are available in the game and therefore 40 slots ?

• Like 1

Dude you really try everything to get more slots right? 

Twenty slots and I only own eight types of different ships. Two of those I want to get rid of. You basically have 30 slots as you can put ten on sale.

Methinks this fairly is enough. It Sounds like you should lose some of your vessels imo.

• Like 4

I suggest the double. 100 slots.

That way I may have the collection ships, 50 so I can press sail and admire the model, and then 50 more for the fighting and losses, if that ever happen.

Plus infinite slots for the infinite Pickle builds .

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

It is.

well i cant build a  pickle ship 

by the many restrictions  on ship slots

so sad 

38 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Dude you really try everything to get more slots right? 

Twenty slots and I only own eight types of different ships. Two of those I want to get rid of. You basically have 30 slots as you can put ten on sale.

Methinks this fairly is enough. It Sounds like you should lose some of your vessels imo.

yelous player deniel that's what i call it 

and or i dont sink a much perhaps as you do...

or i build more. 

or you are a lazy builder .

or you are palatinose .

dude at least i try...to get something done for the community..what is your proposal...

Personally I would like more gun slots on my ships, there are 11 classes of guns but my Trinc only has three slots!

Sorry but for me this suggestion ties in with the suggestion of more outposts,  we shouldn't be allowed to have the option of outposts and ships in too many places on the map. It would just be easy mode.

I mean, imagine if @Gregory Rainsborough had 25 outposts and two Snows in each of those, no one would be safe anywhere on the map. :D

• Like 2

Thonys I can only agree to Nethros here. It's the easy mode. Surely one could claim you do something for the community. Probably many would support this, but mainly to be present everywhere on the map with the least possible effort. 

Why should I be jealous? everytime I'm online I build 1+x ships and usually lose 0-3 ships. 

On this matter I don't have a proposal, as I think the current way is a proper one.

• Like 1

Loose some ships and you will have more room.  Though if we where to get anything dealing with ship slots I would love a clan dry docks that we can put ships into and hold when crafted and than give to players that needs them.  That way the crafter doesn't have to be online the same time.  Craft ship, put it in dry dock, than new owner picks it up later. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thonys said:

well i cant build a  pickle ship 

by the many restrictions  on ship slots

so sad 

yelous player deniel that's what i call it 

and or i dont sink a much perhaps as you do...

or i build more. 

or you are a lazy builder .

or you are palatinose .

dude at least i try...to get something done for the community..what is your proposal...

pickle.thumb.jpg.70a9135ee1b3f739667108c46379e9a4.jpg

I guess you have an alt so i am happy to contribute a pickle to your alt ;-)

• Like 2

As this is rainbow wonderland of fairytale suggestions I would also like to have one nigerian prince sending me via EU trader 500 million gold, 1000 copper ingots and 1000 carthagena tar and 10k of each wood log every week or when i wish it to happen.

Edited by Nelsons Barrel
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Though if we where to get anything dealing with ship slots I would love a clan dry docks that we can put ships into and hold when crafted and than give to players that needs them.

This would be really nice... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hethwill said:

I suggest the double. 100 slots.

That way I may have the collection ships, 50 so I can press sail and admire the model, and then 50 more for the fighting and losses, if that ever happen.

Plus infinite slots for the infinite Pickle builds .

And I was more sinking along the line of the infamous Alerts and Privateers/lynxes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pietjenoob said:

And I was more sinking along the line of the infamous Alerts and Privateers/lynxes

At a point my collection of schooners was indeed...obscene... ( I can imagine the leap towards schooner and brig orgy if paints were added at that time... )

Maybe slots by "volume", whereas a 1st rate needs the amount of 6x 7th rates.

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah nothing worse than some one wanting you to build a ship and it takes up your dock space as you keep missing each other to give the ship to the person that order it.  

give them a deadline date/time...

if they really want it, they'll show up on time... if not, put it up for sale and tell them its there ;)

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 2:14 PM, Palatinose said:

Thonys I can only agree to Nethros here. It's the easy mode. Surely one could claim you do something for the community. Probably many would support this, but mainly to be present everywhere on the map with the least possible effort. 

Why should I be jealous? everytime I'm online I build 1+x ships and usually lose 0-3 ships. 

On this matter I don't have a proposal, as I think the current way is a proper one.

easy mode you sad 

oke well lets propose (because it seems it does  not getting thru to you )

something else........ i think you like it very very very much)

restrict the amount of balls you can have in the hold , to fire from your guns to 20 full shots a broadside total

your restriction will be my restriction to you...... 

now you have something to think about...

Amount of ball ... not so much... amount of prepared gunpowder charges ? Maybe.

Let's say the baseline is 75 broadsides of prepared charge for the Constitution. ( baseline because it was noted in the reports the exhaustion of charges after 75 broadsides along with safe distance for rig repairs )

Honestly...how many battles do we shoot 75 broadsides ?

11 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

you think Naval Action doesn't need to make a living?

Look at all the people who have alts... just for having more tow, outpost, etc...

They make a living by selling the base game.

Anything like extra slots for ships, characters, extra inventory space, extra customizable tabs to organize the inventory or whatnot that can be seen in free games do not belong in a full game bought at full price, they belong in free games. If there is indeed a need for more slots, then everybody should get them, not those who pay more on top of what they already paid.

If people buy more copies, that's their choice and right, if that's the symptom of a serious issue within the game, then the issue should be addressed for every player, but it should not be institutionalized as a way to make more money while other players get inconvenienced or disadvantaged.

Paying extra for aesthetics is one thing, paying extra for practicality such as slots when i already bought the game at full price, that's just a huge No.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

12 minutes ago, Captain Jean-Luc Picard said:

They make a living by selling the base game.

Anything like extra slots for ships, characters, extra inventory space, extra customizable tabs to organize the inventory or whatnot that can be seen in free games do not belong in a full game bought at full price, they belong in free games. If there is indeed a need for more slots, then everybody should get them, not those who pay more on top of what they already paid.

If people buy more copies, that's their choice and right, if that's the symptom of a serious issue within the game, then the issue should be addressed for every player, but it should not be institutionalized as a way to make more money while other players get inconvenienced or disadvantaged.

Paying extra for aesthetics is one thing, paying extra for practicality such as slots when i already bought the game at full price, that's just a huge No.

I do agree with you...

But they can make a starter copy, just like Rainbow Six. Half of the current price or even cheaper. So they can sell the stuff, I do not know they can do.

So it will boost population , and the guys who are into the game and like it, will buy the extra or purchase it into a full copy.

Even there can be free edition, with limited ship, dock, inventory, outpost space. Starter edition with more features, and full edition. But game has to be somehow complete with good content.

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

I do agree with you...

But they can make a starter copy, just like Rainbow Six. Half of the current price or even cheaper. So they can sell the stuff, I do not know they can do.

So it will boost population , and the guys who are into the game and like it, will buy the extra or purchase it into a full copy.

Even there can be free edition, with limited ship, dock, inventory, outpost space. Starter edition with more features, and full edition. But game has to be somehow complete with good content.

Not a big fan of that new ubisoft game-model or sales-model from either a customer or business perspective myself, but at least it could be called fair enough as far as game-content vs pricing goes.