Game-Labs Forum

UG:G works fine with xp32bit will This game behave the same?

firefly101

Hello,

I just bought UG:Gettysburg a few days ago as I wasn't sure it would play as GOG has it listed with WIN7 only. I found the game plays Flawlessly on my winxp 32bit system, I wanted to know if this game would be the same or if the executable is now 64bit only. I have already bought a couple small games that I couldn't even play because they were coded for 64bit.

Any information will help me decide if I can buy this new game.

Hello,

Well I see some other XP people saying Gettysburg didn't work on their system. I have a Duel Core 3.0ghz with 2 GB memory, and 1tb 440 Video card. Though old tech for some games, it seems to play certain games very well including this game gettysburg. My hope is that it will transfer over to this new game since it uses the same engine?

As long as it can even play, I know some .exe say 64 bit only. A strategy game with simple graphics did this not too long ago and hence I can never play that game.

Well I know a friend of mine can play UG:CW with his Win7 32bit netbook. The problem isn't the supported bitrate, but your old OS. A lot of modern games won't run on it. UGCW is certainly 32bit compatible, but it is not WinXP compatible.

Edited by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf