Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ruthless4u

What other Age of Sails games are out there?

Despite old age Sea Dogs: To each its Own is fairly epic single player. But follows a storyline with a lot of webs. Keep a notepad on the side while playing it. Ain't Naval Action grade of combat but comes second for sure.

For fast action...er... Blackwake ?... good for half an hour now and then...

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Despite old age Sea Dogs: To each its Own is fairly epic single player. But follows a storyline with a lot of webs. Keep a notepad on the side while playing it. Ain't Naval Action grade of combat but comes second for sure.

For fast action...er... Blackwake ?... good for half an hour now and then...

Blackwake has a first person perspective iirc, not the biggest fan of that lol.

Now that legends is done I would live to find a game of similar quality to NA's combat, but I'm getting the feeling one does not exsist.

1 minute ago, Ruthless4u said:

getting the feeling one does not exsis

Correct with a major C.

Grab Sea Dogs tEiO on sale. You might be surprised. Sailing and combat feel great.

7 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Now that legends is done

I'm nurturing this tiny, beautiful hope that many things might change after they've gotten the mammoth OW project out the door. Admin said "put on hold" and not "done".

5 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

Blackwake has a first person perspective iirc, not the biggest fan of that lol.

Now that legends is done I would live to find a game of similar quality to NA's combat, but I'm getting the feeling one does not exsist.

You wont find any game with 10% of the quality of NA´s combat.

2 minutes ago, Trashumi Fujiwara said:

This game was quite good in his time, now it is absolutely outdated because of the graphics. While the sea combat was ok, the fighting with swords was a pain.

For me, the best of this game were: the locations, the feeling of exploration, the seconday missions, some mechanics as docking at distant bays of the towns to smuggle cargo.

It is a rp game, not a simulator.

For me, the best game would have to be Age of Sail II: Privateers Bounty - as a child I had countless hours of fun playing it in the early 2000s, I still give it a go sometimes. It’s the game you’d wish Empire total war had been like at sea.

I still consider it the best “fleet simulator” on the market, while Naval Action is the best 1v1 game.

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

I'm nurturing this tiny, beautiful hope that many things might change after they've gotten the mammoth OW project out the door. Admin said "put on hold" and not "done".

I want to belive there is hope, but if it gets off the ground at all I'm betting 2 years minimum. Really don't want to be in my mid 40's when it's started:D

I think my biggest issue finding AOS themed games is so many have BS like magic, sea monster, or undead skeleton armies. Just want a reasonably historic one, is that too much to ask lol.

1 hour ago, Ruthless4u said:

is so many have BS like magic, sea monster, or undead skeleton armies. Just want a reasonably historic one, is that too much to ask lol

"I wonder why jodgi is still here, despite people telling him his preferences is "diminishing" ow?"

• Like 1

Cant believe no one has mentioned skull and bones, sorry no link. On my phone at work atm. Still in closed beta i believe but its made by ubisoft and from what i gather its just like they took the sailing ship element out of AC Black Flag and made a game. Watched a couple videos of it on youtube. Theres some elements in there that remind me alot of NA but it definitely looks interesting. Look it up.

6 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Just curious, what other viable Age of sail games are available ( not Sea of thieves) that are worth playing?

NONE that's why we are all stuck with this one... 

There's a fair number of "FTL model" games coming out. That's for sure. HMS looks quite entertaining and a must have, after all Every Single Soldier previous games are absolute "classics" on my book.

10 hours ago, Percival Merewether said:

For me, the best game would have to be Age of Sail II: Privateers Bounty - as a child I had countless hours of fun playing it in the early 2000s

Same here. The good old times :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

There's a fair number of "FTL model" games coming out. That's for sure. HMS looks quite entertaining and a must have, after all Every Single Soldier previous games are absolute "classics" on my book.

What's FTL model?