Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sento de Benimaclet

Marines gray to gold.

Recommended Posts

On 3/25/2018 at 11:43 PM, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Hi. Would there be any way of counting the approaches (boarding) successfully and every 50 approaches going from gray marines to green, blue, purple and finally gold?. This would give higher quality  to marines with greater number of approaches and combat. Regards. º7

golden marines ,well it's what it is, it wont help you

perhaps a good thing than, is to remove the defender perk it's  a total denial of boarding even when the marines are diamants

boarding a vessel with even equal crew is not allowed 

it's a pathetic feature (perk)

it won't help the golden marines to board a vessel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

We tried officer lives before and no one liked it. It encourage d running away and if all is lost just surrender

Now I understand what you mean, that it would encourage cowardice not to lose the gold marines. I think that these marines would bring more realism to the PVP and RVR battles. The same you boarding a ship thinking that it is a piece of cake and you find yourself with the surprise that your marines are of great quality and who knows how that combat can end. Players who do not want to risk will not do it with their gold marines, just as they do not now with other upgrades or books. Finally say that this idea was launched with the hope of improving the game, not to create polemics and bad blood with anyone. 

9 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

and if all is lost just surrender

I have never surrendered a ship. and I will never do it. If I lose the fight I lose everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This idea about tiered marine soldiers isn't bad. It could be integrated into a larger quality system regarding all personnel - sailors to outpost employees alike. here:

And the conclusion that captains will more likely flee the battle because they want to save lives of their top level marines is no automaticism - it still is a personal decision one player does this way and another player does that way. Just like to risk or to spare valuable ships with permanent upgrades you *hate* to loose.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capt Trashal Early said:

m4eqh.jpg.73ef41df4f87b789dca15f213607c3da.jpg

Every time I read "forum warrior" it sounds to me like people have no real arguments, know that I am right but hate it... also I have already been granted this title by someone else ( can't remember who it was ) but points for trying :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Every time I read "forum warrior" it sounds to me like people have no real arguments, know that I am right but hate it... also I have already been granted this title by someone else ( can't remember who it was ) but points for trying :P

No I agree with you Marines are A ok as they are. Boardings already hello kittyed until determined defender gets a tweak.

Regardless your invested attacks on hapless forum members earns you the forum warrior title/Twat. <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Every time I read "forum warrior" it sounds to me like people have no real arguments, know that I am right but hate it... also I have already been granted this title by someone else ( can't remember who it was ) but points for trying :P

Let me ask you this... We  can both agree that sailing fir/fir ships to gank is cowardly - but what if you sail fir/fir or Teak/Teak with speedmods to catch the fir/fir "cowards".. is that cowardly? It is the only way to ever force them into a fight..

And then when the fir/fir chaser is caught by a LO/WO ship of the same class, is it cowardly to leave if he starts losing? I don't think so., fir/fir is extremely weak - the only advantage it has is speed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Capt Trashal Early said:

Regardless your invested attacks

I treat people how they deserve to be treated. You will find, that I respect people actually being able of having a sound and reasonable argumentation as well as actually contributing to a conversation / discussion but others.... well not so much. I guess it is a very basic human trait?

Also take this thread for example. I said people already play like cowards in NA ( a mere fact ) and there is no reason to push it even further. Then this other dude felt addressed and acts like the average NA player doesn't play like a chicken, getting all offended... like what the F? Are we playing the same game?

32 minutes ago, Capt Trashal Early said:

earns you the forum warrior title/Twat. <3

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Every time I read "forum warrior" it sounds to me like people have no real arguments, know that I am right but hate it... also I have already been granted this title by someone else ( can't remember who it was ) but points for trying :P

your not right and  its you that have no real point or valid argument ... you hide behind a name thats not your in game name with the excuse you might get banned in game over forum posts ..thats a joke unless you want to troll and abuse people on  forums  ....you will argue to the nth degree over something that you posted even when you know that post was a mistake

its all classic forum warroir traits

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Let me ask you this... We  can both agree that sailing fir/fir ships to gank is cowardly - but what if you sail fir/fir or Teak/Teak with speedmods to catch the fir/fir "cowards".. is that cowardly? It is the only way to ever force them into a fight..

And then when the fir/fir chaser is caught by a LO/WO ship of the same class, is it cowardly to leave if he starts losing? I don't think so., fir/fir is extremely weak - the only advantage it has is speed.

Yeah, very fair point and maybe the only exception but then again why would you stoop down to their level and play their coward game? Can you fight 2-3 enemies in a fir ship if you meet them and have even a slight chance to win? Because I don't.... By choosing fir to chase cowards you lose your ability to fight real PvP players in PvP ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

your not right and  its you that have no real point or valid argument

Care to elaborate? You should be able to point it out then, right?

3 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

you hide behind a name thats not your in game name with the excuse you might get banned in game over forum posts ..thats a joke unless you want to troll and abuse people on  forums

You obviously have forgotten GL policy on bans. I haven't. Also we are all "hiding behind a name" - surprise dweebenheimer, it's the internet. Is your real name Grundgemunkey? 

What would you do if you knew my ingame names? Put a bounty on me? You think I'd give a shit what people think about me in a video game? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

you will argue to the nth degree over something that you posted even when you know that post was a mistake

Can you give an example of such a post? Because I'd really like to see one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Landsman said:

Yeah, very fair point and maybe the only exception but then again why would you stoop down to their level and play their coward game? Can you fight 2-3 enemies in a fir ship if you meet them and have even a slight chance to win? Because I don't.... By choosing fir to chase cowards you lose your ability to fight real PvP players in PvP ships.

You're certainly right, but this doesn't stop me from grabbing a fast ship if I see a fir/fir captain's name pop-up in combat news.

When all this is said - I find it relatively easy to fight off fir/fir frigates if I'm in an T/T or stronger Aggy, especially with double poods. The real problem is when you're in a 4th rate and get ganked by three fir/fir Bucentaures. This is why I'd like a mast thickness+HP reduction on the fir ships - that way they're easily demasted thus enabling you to get away (Or if you're able to.. split them up and knock them out one by one).

Either way, do not judge people too fast..They usually have a reason for running - I frequently engage ships larger than my own and am forced to leave because it gets too dangerous. Most recently when I attacked a L'Ocean + Bucentaure with an Agamemnon (me) + Trinc (Nethros). We attacked knowing that we were outgunned and the two french SotLs covered each other well,  I would never consider our retreat an act of cowardice.

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Landsman imo you are correct regarding the marines. 

The fir/fir in ow case has an opposite: the LO/WO double thickness floating battery determined defender groups sailing into the patrol areas. 

I don't like either playstyle. Both setups are sailed for the purpose of controlling the fight as far as possible. One by disengaging when time comes, the other one by being nearly indestructable in a battle where your enemies can't run. Nontheless it's the players freedom to choose their style. Yup feels bad to be chanceless against a ganking squad. And also it feels pointless to fight those oceans in let's say teak/wo bellonas. And still it's a sandbox (even in the patrol area you wont know who joins for 30 minutes). 

Less judging, more playing.

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I find it relatively easy to fight off fir/fir frigates

I meant when you are in fir ship and want to fight 2-3 enemies that probably run some heavier wood. Pretty hard to fight outnumbered when sailing a fir boat... assuming the enemy players have some basic skill...

46 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

Either way, do not judge people too fast..They usually have a reason for running - I frequently engage ships larger than my own and am forced to leave because it gets too dangerous. Most recently when I attacked a L'Ocean + Bucentaure with an Agamemnon (me) + Trinc (Nethros). We attacked knowing that we were outgunned and the two french SotLs covered each other well,  I would never consider our retreat an act of cowardice.

Yeah, but this isn't what I meant... I mean people that don't take fights even tho they have good chances to win and only sail fir boats so they can avoid any battles that could have been balanced and not a complete gank. It's perfectly fine and obviously logical to avoid a fight that would put you at a heavy disadvantage... sailing a paper rocket boat to avoid any fight that you aren't almost guaranteed to win is a whole other story tho...  that's why I can't understand people hating on patrol zones - even with all its flaws, at least you are given the opportunity there to avoid those clowns in their fir ships wasting your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Capt Trashal Early said:

giphy.gif

Sorry, don't know this episode but +1 because it's a meme :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those people you're referring to seem not to be PvP players then. Because an experienced captain knows his chances. Got an engagement with the french last week, me in a bellona, them in a wasa bellona and frigate. If they had been non pvp players, i would have had a good chance (ya know this makes fine screenshots). But @Fouchet and friends (Coco and another) know how to sail and therefore they beat me without greater difficulties. 

If pvp players outnumber you 2on1 in light ships they will usually try (as they can get away anyways). Casuals without great experience just wont do that as they don't know you, your ship, their ships, their overall chances.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2018 at 11:29 AM, Landsman said:

 1 Care to elaborate? You should be able to point it out then, right?  

2.You obviously have forgotten GL policy on bans. I haven't. Also we are all "hiding behind a name" - surprise dweebenheimer, it's the internet. Is your real name Grundgemunkey? 

What would you do if you knew my ingame names? Put a bounty on me? You think I'd give a shit what people think about me in a video game? :lol:

3 Can you give an example of such a post? Because I'd really like to see one.

1   you posted Yeah, great idea.... let's give people even more reason to play like cowards and run away...  ...thats not corect or even a valid point or argument .people dont want to fight pvp for numerous reasons ,,, the thought that the enemy might have marines onboard is long way down the list ...cowards ? as you pointed out later in your post its a videogame ...calling someone a coward isnt a valid point ... look up the meaning of the word coward it doesnt apply

2 i obviously have forgotten GLs policy on bans what is it  .... no grundgemunkey isnt my real name but its my name in game and on nation ts ... i dont have to hide behind another name on forums because i think it may cause me embarrasment in game .. if i knew your ingame name ..i wouldnt do anything apart from avoid you in ts ..or any other social interaction such as nation chat and certainly wouldnt join a clan which you were a member of

3 your arguing to the nth degree now  and have been throughout the thread ...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grundgemunkey said:

.thats not corect or even a valid point or argument

Except for it is? If you make people lose marines with their ship, you will increase fear of losing in people and drive them to avoid combat / defeat more than they would otherwise. There is even hard evidence to prove my argument is very valid, since we had officer lives ( almost the same ) and it was removed for the very same reason. 

There is a claim, reason and evidence. It is a reasonable argument.

1 hour ago, Grundgemunkey said:

look up the meaning of the word coward it doesnt apply

Sorry but wrong again, it does and very much so.

coward [kou-erd]

noun

1.

a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition,pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

1 hour ago, Grundgemunkey said:

if i knew your ingame name ..i wouldnt do anything apart from avoid you in ts ..or any other social interaction such as nation chat and certainly wouldnt join a clan which you were a member of

Almost sounds like you don't like me </3

But why would I give a crap? 

1 hour ago, Grundgemunkey said:

3 your arguing to the nth degree now  and have been throughout the thread ...

Well, people keep quoting me and I simply answer. I would deem it polite? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Landsman said:

If you make people lose marines with their ship, you will increase fear of losing in people and drive them to avoid combat / defeat more than they would otherwise.

No Landsman. There are people who risk more or who risk less. Here there are no cowards. It's a game, it seems like you forget it.

In theory, if you have gold marines, you should be less afraid of fighting than with the current gray marines. That there are people who are afraid of losing the ship ?, These people do not risk even carrying the fantastic 4 on board. 

before last year's wipe you could crafting marines of the colour that you wanted, and we went to the harbor battles with gold marines just in case. And people did not run away. Because now it should be different? Greetings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Landsman said:

Except for it is? If you make people lose marines with their ship, you will increase fear of losing in people and drive them to avoid combat / defeat more than they would otherwise. There is even hard evidence to prove my argument is very valid, since we had officer lives ( almost the same ) and it was removed for the very same reason. 

There is a claim, reason and evidence. It is a reasonable argument.

Sorry but wrong again, it does and very much so.

coward [kou-erd]

noun

1.

a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition,pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

Almost sounds like you don't like me </3

But why would I give a crap? 

Well, people keep quoting me and I simply answer. I would deem it polite? 

typical forum warrior .....why didnt you answer my query about GLs policy on banning forum posters ?   is it because there isnt one like you claimed

dont put words into my mouth ... where have i said  dont like you thats your perception  not a fact like most forum warriors you want me to dislike you because another forum enemy entertains you ...the real reason why you dont use your in game name

your not really bothered about the content of your post as long as it keeps the argument going therefore im not going to accommodate you further  in this thread

Edited by Grundgemunkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

why didnt you answer my query about GLs policy on banning forum posters ?   is it because there isnt one like you claimed

Mate people have even been banned for giving the game a negative review... I know I am so very important to you that you really want to know my IGN but it just won't happen, baby. 

 

40 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

dont put words into my mouth ... where have i said  dont like you thats your perception  not a fact like most forum warriors you want me to dislike you because another forum enemy entertains you ...the real reason why you dont use your in game name

What now? I can't make any sense of this :lol:

42 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

your not really bothered about the content of your post

You should really compare the quality of content in your posts and mine. I'm trying to reason with you and all you give me is gibberish about forum warriors and ingame names...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×