Game-Labs Forum

Marines gray to gold.

Hi. Would there be any way of counting the approaches (boarding) successfully and every 50 approaches going from gray marines to green, blue, purple and finally gold?. This would give higher quality  to marines with greater number of approaches and combat. Regards. º7

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Landsman said:

Yeah, great idea.... let's give people even more reason to play like cowards and run away... 

I am tired of these brave captains who judge the other players just because they have a different play style than theirs! Anyway please help me understand! So if you are against more numerous enemies or with more powerful ships you still fight with the assumed result of being sunk and for this you would be brave and instead who flees would be a coward? Maybe you confuse courage with stupidity! However, building better ships is one of the few purposes of this game, so the economy and trading make sense. Your game model (never run away!) would force us all to play with shit ships making crafting and trading useless! And then who are you to judge if a player is a brave or a coward? I advise you to weigh your words better. If a player decides to use a ship in FIR / FIR and faces an enemy ship in live oak / WO and decides to escape is he a coward? Avoid judgments and try to play as you like (and if you like to be sunk systematically nobody will condemn you to be a stupid). Good game!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

I am tired of these brave captains who judge the other players just because they have a different play style than theirs! Anyway please help me understand! So if you are against more numerous enemies or with more powerful ships you still fight with the assumed result of being sunk and for this you would be brave and instead who flees would be a coward? Maybe you confuse courage with stupidity! However, building better ships is one of the few purposes of this game, so the economy and trading make sense. Your game model (never run away!) would force us all to play with shit ships making crafting and trading useless! And then who are you to judge if a player is a brave or a coward? I advise you to weigh your words better.

It's pretty simple really - if someone avoids a fights with equal chances or better yet a fight where he would have an advantage, he is a coward. I am not judging the "playstyle" , I am calling it what it is...

noun
a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition

When you get ganked 10 vs 1 and run away ( if you have a chance ), it is smart. If you run away from what could be a good fight, it isn't smart - it is being a coward. There is the difference.

11 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

If a player decides to use a ship in FIR / FIR and faces an enemy ship in live oak / WO and decides to escape is he a coward?

Yes, he is a coward for sailing a fir/fir warship... I mean what's the point of it really? You're faster but you can't really fight... sooo why would you build such a ship at all, if you aren't a wuss or tagger for some gank squad?

This is why OW is a waste of time... you either sail a combat ship that is built for battle -> you can't catch cowards in fir/fir gankboats and they can gank you 10 vs 1 or you sail a fir/fir gankboat and can only gank, because your ship is made of cuckwood and pussyplanks - you can't have a worthy battle in that - only run and gank.

13 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

play as you like

I want to but the game mechanics and almost dead server pop don't allow me to... only patrol missions in shallows and if they add 4-5 rate ones are still worth it.

15 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

and if you like to be sunk systematically nobody will condemn you to be a stupid

No, I'd rather sail all over the map in my fir/fir warship to troll the 50 people that are still trying to get OW PvP without being in a gank fleet until the steam reviews hit < 30%.

205t1d.jpg

Thanks for this meme @Batman 

The more you write the more I get convinced that you belong to the category of those who like to judge others. What's your in-game name? Can I know it? Or, as you write yourself, you're just an "elite forum worrior" and that's it? I repeat, avoids judgments on others, if the game allows you to build ships in fir / fir then no one can criticize a player who "runs" from a ship of the same category but built in LO / WO! I wish you to have fun in your patrol fleets, no one can prevent it, but this was Naval Action, sandbox game, for your needs maybe it will be better NA Legends!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

you belong to the category of those who like to judge others

Well, I judge people sailing fir/fir ships that aren't traders... that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

What's your in-game name?

How does it matter for this topic... at all? It's always funny when people run out of arguments and ask about my ingame name... what you wanna 1 vs 1 me now and the winner is right? You gonna check my stat board and profile to see whether I have been sailing fir/fir trashboats? ...oh wait there isn't anything like that in game :lol:

4 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

Can I know it?

I have 7 ingame names and no, you can not know them. People have been banned ingame for voicing their opinions on the forums while using their account names and I don't see how my ingame names are related to anything I am discussing here with you. I'll let you in on a little secret about my ingame accounts tho: There are no pussy fir/fir failboats on any of them - hope that helps!

9 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

game allows you to build ships in fir / fir

The game also allows you to build fir/fir 1st rates. Does it mean I shouldn't call someone retard for building one?

10 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

no one can criticize a player who "runs" from a ship of the same category but built in LO / WO!

I can but I didn't...  I criticized players that sail fir/fir on warships, because it is only for ganking or running from fights - NOTHING else. 

18 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

NA Legends

Patrol zones is the new Legends it seems... :)

20 minutes ago, Landsman said:

How does it matter for this topic... at all? It's always funny when people run out of arguments and ask about my ingame name... 

You tell us about cowardness and dont have the balls to say us your character name in a video game ... sry but this matters for this topic 😋

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Trino said:

You tell us about cowardness and dont have the balls to say us your character name

23 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

who is the coward now? why are you hiding behind a false name? Fair enought :-)

Mabye you guys are illiterate ... or retarded? Must be either one as I explained the reason in my previous post. ;) And I ask again... how does it matter?

2 hours ago, Landsman said:

Well, I judge people sailing fir/fir ships that aren't traders... that's for sure.

How does it matter for this topic... at all? It's always funny when people run out of arguments and ask about my ingame name... what you wanna 1 vs 1 me now and the winner is right? You gonna check my stat board and profile to see whether I have been sailing fir/fir trashboats? ...oh wait there isn't anything like that in game :lol:

I have 7 ingame names and no, you can not know them. People have been banned ingame for voicing their opinions on the forums while using their account names and I don't see how my ingame names are related to anything I am discussing here with you. I'll let you in on a little secret about my ingame accounts tho: There are no pussy fir/fir failboats on any of them - hope that helps!

The game also allows you to build fir/fir 1st rates. Does it mean I shouldn't call someone retard for building one?

I can but I didn't...  I criticized players that sail fir/fir on warships, because it is only for ganking or running from fights - NOTHING else. 

Patrol zones is the new Legends it seems... :)

Duel Massimo. I think he will smash you in 1v1

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

I don't get it

Yes, that's what I am saying.

I didn't say I am better than him or anything ( bragging about being good at a video game is only for virgins with small dicks ).

All I said was that this marine idea is useless, since it will make people even more scared to take fights when they lose their marines with the ship and that only cowards and gankers sail fir/fir ships. Hard to disagree, if you know the game mechanics and playerbase I guess?

Then the dude got all triggered asking about my ingame name even tho it has NOTHING to do with what I said so I was simply mocking him about it. Pretty weird but amusing really. I guess he loves fir ships?

12 hours ago, Landsman said:

Yeah, great idea.... let's give people even more reason to play like cowards and run away...

if you have suppose gold marines thanks to numerous boardings and in a combat you lose your ship, those marines perish, and therefore you would have inexperienced gray marines. I do not understand why you speak of cowardice. Or is it cowardly to board ships ?.

12 hours ago, MassimoSud said:

It can be a good idea, but without too many advantages between the first and the last level

the difference between gray marines and gold marines should be marked by the developers. Thanks for your respectful comments. º7

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Landsman said:

Yes, that's what I am saying.

I didn't say I am better than him or anything ( bragging about being good at a video game is only for virgins with small dicks ).

All I said was that this marine idea is useless, since it will make people even more scared to take fights when they lose their marines with the ship and that only cowards and gankers sail fir/fir ships. Hard to disagree, if you know the game mechanics and playerbase I guess?

Then the dude got all triggered asking about my ingame name even tho it has NOTHING to do with what I said so I was simply mocking him about it. Pretty weird but amusing really. I guess he loves fir ships?

m4eqh.jpg.73ef41df4f87b789dca15f213607c3da.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/25/2018 at 11:43 PM, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Hi. Would there be any way of counting the approaches (boarding) successfully and every 50 approaches going from gray marines to green, blue, purple and finally gold?. This would give higher quality  to marines with greater number of approaches and combat. Regards. º7

golden marines ,well it's what it is, it wont help you

perhaps a good thing than, is to remove the defender perk it's  a total denial of boarding even when the marines are diamants

boarding a vessel with even equal crew is not allowed 

it's a pathetic feature (perk)

it won't help the golden marines to board a vessel 

9 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

We tried officer lives before and no one liked it. It encourage d running away and if all is lost just surrender

Now I understand what you mean, that it would encourage cowardice not to lose the gold marines. I think that these marines would bring more realism to the PVP and RVR battles. The same you boarding a ship thinking that it is a piece of cake and you find yourself with the surprise that your marines are of great quality and who knows how that combat can end. Players who do not want to risk will not do it with their gold marines, just as they do not now with other upgrades or books. Finally say that this idea was launched with the hope of improving the game, not to create polemics and bad blood with anyone. 

9 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

and if all is lost just surrender

I have never surrendered a ship. and I will never do it. If I lose the fight I lose everything.

This idea about tiered marine soldiers isn't bad. It could be integrated into a larger quality system regarding all personnel - sailors to outpost employees alike. here:

And the conclusion that captains will more likely flee the battle because they want to save lives of their top level marines is no automaticism - it still is a personal decision one player does this way and another player does that way. Just like to risk or to spare valuable ships with permanent upgrades you *hate* to loose.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac