Game-Labs Forum

VMarks to everybody + patrol party= RVR bye bye

No more to say... The lastest changes gave that to the game...

and NOW its very difficult to find PVP action when you sail around the map...Just  go to the patrol areas.:( The whole map is plenty of IAs waiting you

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

For a lot of guys, they fully enjoy the game when they get rewards for doing something. RvR only makes you lose money. Many times I fitted ships worth of millions and what did I get after a good PB? 5 pvp marks and less gold that I can earn destroying an ow fleet.

Agreed.

RvR? - Pointless. Only real asset is closing down areas from the enemy.

Port ownership? - Pointless, just a huge waste of gold.

Trading? - Really not worth it, you only get gold and nothing worthwhile can be bought with it.

PvP? - Reinforcementzones made it impossible to wage economic warfare against an enemy and as such it's meaningless beyond the value of the battle itself.

PvE? - Pointless. And the ai is about as bright as glowball..

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

There has been a noticeable drop in population since the marks/zone changes.

http://steamcharts.com/app/311310#1m

Not really. Average of 30 less players over the past month and with Spring break people tend not to play as much.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Agreed.

Which given the number of alts in the game that isn't achieved either if you are referring to resources/trade goods within a particular port..  

Edited by William Wade

While I don't mind Victory Marks for Lord Protectors, I agree with the rest.

I also think we have way to many ports across the map, and some are literally next to each other, like Saint Louis and Les Cayes,

Port-de-Paix and La Tortue or Tumbado/Conttoy/Mugeres. Less ports would create more hotspots and actually more rvr targets, I think.

Edited by Batman

1 minute ago, Batman said:

I also think we have way to many ports across the map, and some are literally next to each other, like Saint Louis and Les Cayes,

Port-de-Paix and La Tortue or Tumbado/Conttoy/Mugeres. Less ports would create more hotspots and actually more rvr targets, I think.

Yep we need 1/2 or 1/3 the ports we have now. Create a shortage of resources and people fight over them.

ports were pointless. the only meaning they had was victory marks.  ports are even more pointless now that they cost so much to hold. nothing but a money drain. RVR was only useful to force a fight. which isn't needed anymore since pvp zones were added. so yea... RVR =dead. maybe not a bad thing given how poorly it has been implemented.  

rvr in a nut shull= admin said go fight for the dots. the dots will cost you insane money to keep your flag on them....... and that's RVR. 

NO TY

p.s

oh yea..... btw you have to grind ai for 2 hours with no reward but basic refits and a chance to be jumped. 

Edited by King of Crowns

37 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

oh yea..... btw you have to grind ai for 2 hours with no reward but basic refits and a chance to be jumped. 

Then having to wait a day for a fight which could last 30mins due to the defenders winning on points or worst case just steamroll the Attackers.

Effort put in for the payoff is not worth it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Do you want empty PB battles?

You misinterpreted, I'm going to assume you're on about the "Wait a day" bit which by the way i have no problem with honestly. What i'm on about is the payoff for waiting a day is not worth it.

Examples being 2Hours to grind AI, Port Battle happens and lasts for atleast 30mins due to points. Defenders steamrolling attackers. Bad Wind changing. 

which overall could mean the attackers spent lets say 3 hours to get possibly get No PvP marks, No Port, Sometimes not even a fight (Bad Wind causes defenders to wind by points for example) 

Yesterday we decided to attack Kemps Bay with some new players to teach them the ropes, so we spent 2-3 Hours the day before grinding Hostility. 

Next day we turned up at the port battle and well pretty much got smashed in about 1 Hour? The best someone got from that on attacker side was 3pvp Marks the defenders i would assume was 10 or so.

so we spent 4 hours to get 3 PvP marks, Granted we got a fight....be we could do that in a patrol zone and get MORE rewards.  The Port was eh it had White Oak which is helpful but we don't need it.

Edited by Bloody Hound

12 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I misinterpreted, my fault.

Thats because you get almost nothing as a reward for even trying, neither for winning the port. The most funny part is that you will most likely lose money every day.

My main issue is the way Hostility is handled. 

I would take pulling a Flag on a port and waiting until the next day than doing a damn hostility.  I Understand the concept of hostility and has the potential of being something unique but at the moment it like a huge barrier you must pass in order to have some fun and little reward (Depending on outcome)

Example of something better is bring back flags which mark a port for a battle the next day, While keeping hostility for maybe instead of raising hostility but destroying the Forts/Tower in said Port for a/the upcoming port battle. 

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Flag system had many flaws, what stop you from pulling 100 flags?

It did have flaws, but i meant it as an example. But to perhaps stop people from spamming Flag perhaps make it Cost a decent amount of Gold or PvP Marks.

PvP Marks being the main focus as that would imply you need to do some OW pvp to pull a flag. In benefit bringing more people into Patrol Missions (Which also need tweaking)

Edit:

Also allowing people to capture everything up to 2nd Rates may encourage more OW pvp, The captured ships wont be better than crafted ones but it means you've got a decent source of throwaway ships for a Patrol mission to get PvP marks. 

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Flags cost gold in the past and still many people could pull them by thousands.

PvP marks marks for flags? Ask yourself, is every RvR player also a PvP player? Do all PvP players care for RvR? Lately, with the low numbers on the server maybe the answer is yes. But it doesnt mean it was always that way. Still I think there are people more focused in RvR and others in PvP. Forcing all to earn PVP marks to be able to pull flags could finally kill the few RvR we have.

They did and yes that may be True, however you can Buy PvP Marks from players who do PvP from shops totally bypassing people having to PvP and that would mean alot of Gold spent and PvP Marks also Spent.

Granted people will still find away to abuse a system (Shame on them)

Also side benefit being it opens up a bigger market for Solo PvPers etc to contribute to RvR making hunting etc worth it.

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Liq said:

give the game a break for a while, play something else - things becoming boring after doing it for long enough is nothing unusual

The problem is I enjoy playing this game and want to continue playing it.  It has the makings of something special... if only the dev team could get out of its own way

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bloody Hound said:

Then having to wait a day for a fight which could last 30mins due to the defenders winning on points or worst case just steamroll the Attackers.

Effort put in for the payoff is not worth it. 

the wait is needed. in order for preparation. maybe it could be optional. perhaps. 

8 hours ago, Magallanes said:

NOW its very difficult to find PVP action when you sail around the map

So basically like before? About a good 80% of players in NA are total cowards that waste my time. When people run from me even tho they have the bigger ship it makes me wonder how they ended up on the PvP server. At least in patrol zone people are actually forced to fight and aren't some little cucks trolling you in garbage fir boats with navy loodsman. Currently Patrol Zone is the only thing that keeps me coming back to the game.

9 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Or maybe people dont care about conquering dots on the map which give them nothing in return (except upkeep costs (by this rule, Empires had to be unprofitable)).

Thats why I suggested inmediate rewards after succesful hostility and PBs.

I dont think patrols are the issue.

Why people now bother to go to wrecks? Because of the loot.

Why people go to patrol zones? Because of the rewards by doing damage.

Why most people do ow fleets and epic events instead of missions? because of the loot.

Why some people do some very specific trade routes? Because of getting a lot of gold in a few mins.

Why do you see a lot of guys looting other players even if it is risky? Because you can loot a good permanent upgrade.

For a lot of guys, they fully enjoy the game when they get rewards for doing something. RvR only makes you lose money. Many times I fitted ships worth of millions and what did I get after a good PB? 5 pvp marks and less gold that I can earn destroying an ow fleet.

8 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Agreed.

Port ownership? - Pointless, just a huge waste of gold.

Trading? - Really not worth it, you only get gold and nothing worthwhile can be bought with it.

PvP? - Reinforcementzones made it impossible to wage economic warfare against an enemy and as such it's meaningless beyond the value of the battle itself.

PvE? - Pointless. And the ai is about as bright as glowball..

...so true. Hope @admin read this

2 hours ago, Landsman said:

About a good 80% of players in NA are total cowards that waste my time. When people run from me even tho they have the bigger ship it makes me wonder how they ended up on the PvP server

:) Man, you must be the leader of PVP leaderboard at least once every week :)

Are you the new Horatio Hornblower here in the forum? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Face it my guy, OW hunting isn't enough for the game. We give players the choice, and in return we got more PVP than we've seen before.

I do think they should be more dynamic, less gamey. But it's what we have and people prefer having an objective vs freelancing.

I hope when the game gets more population it becomes possible again, it's exciting but impossible to find in any reasonable time.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 2

I liked the flag system in the past but I will make some changes to avoid 100 flags at same time and other minor issues... It was very funny to detect main PB fleets and flag ships... Perhaps an expensive price for the conquest flags may be one solution to get an excess conquest flags...I remember 12 flags at once bought for the Brits against our ports some time ago.

Trader people are the more benefited in this current situation..They can carry materials with no disturb meanwhile a patrol event is on the way...If your trader ship is intercepted then...this is not your lucky day, mate...:huh:

Edited by Magallanes

Agreed. The patrols have killed the usual open world pvp. Many people have gone to try out patrols but the mechanics make 90% of the battles a joke, with unbalanced sides where you can't even leave, leading to ridiculous situations where you just have to kill yourself so as to avoid wasting everybody's time. RvR is virtually dead. Devs think patrols are 'popular' because there are a lot of players there, forgetting that most of them (like me) are only there because now there is virtually nothing else to do for pvp. I've been playing for 2 years now and yes, the game is in alpha and that's fine we have to try things out, but the latest round of changes to RvR and the introduction of Patrols have made NA more boring than it has ever been. Devs need to have the bravery to say 'ok this hasn't worked' and revert back and/or try something else.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Hullabatrash said:

Agreed. The patrols have killed the usual open world pvp. Many people have gone to try out patrols but the mechanics make 90% of the battles a joke, with unbalanced sides where you can't even leave, leading to ridiculous situations where you just have to kill yourself so as to avoid wasting everybody's time. RvR is virtually dead. Devs think patrols are 'popular' because there are a lot of players there, forgetting that most of them (like me) are only there because now there is virtually nothing else to do for pvp. I've been playing for 2 years now and yes, the game is in alpha and that's fine we have to try things out, but the latest round of changes to RvR and the introduction of Patrols have made NA more boring than it has ever been. Devs need to have the bravery to say 'ok this hasn't worked' and revert back and/or try something else.

They should put the patrols closer to ports, then screening the zones would be natural and not like you're going out of your way to fight in an area where you have no business being in.