Game-Labs Forum

ARG! What the hell is this bullshit? I just spent the last 1 1/2 doing what i thought was what i wanted to do. Since this is listed as a SANDBOX naval battle/trading game.. Just to get the enemy down to almost where i wanted him crew wise...then i get this message "Battle Over: Press ESC to leave" Seriously!!!!! NO battle in real life has ever ended in that short of time to begin with unless it was a Man-O-war vs. a kayak/canoe or something.....WHY do people claim sandbox and then proceed to put limits?!!! Even in PVP battles where people run away....that's part of the tactic's. Going to put limits on that to? I don't want compensation for the time i wasted, because thats what i was doing anyway...wasting time in a cutter training against much bigger BR ships...JUST FIX THIS....NO LIMITS!!!!

You need more than 90 minutes?!

Time limits are there for server resource usage, not to infinge on your sandbox freedom.

Also know that there are hard limits to how much crew you kill outside of boarding. If you want to cap ships with large crews you need a bigger canoe.

• Like 1

I was in a Battle Snow versus Agamemnon it took me 1h20min. to get the Crew down to 122 man on the aga with medium Cannons on my Teak/Crew Shop Snow. I startet Boarding cause we get in shootingrange from a Tower. Boarding starts well 122Crew Aga/ 96Crew Snow battle ends in a lose for me 78Kills from Aga vs 89 from my side moaral was down to 9 on the Aga. He was pissed that i have hold him the whole time in the Battle. I got ~1.4k xp to unlock the next slot for me it was more like a Victory than a lose. 

Last Battle that has taken much time was agains a Player in a BellePoule two days ago. It was something around 1hour, then he gave up on running and i coud pick up the boarding. Dont know if he runs out of time or he gets bored to repair his sails with his 80 crew left at least he got now rum left. But he got Hull and Rigrepairs to Participate in Battles the double or threetimes the time of Battles only his Crew runs out of Rum. If he had repairt a last time his Sails he coud leave the Battle and run in the Reinforcement-Zone.

But be a Sportsman. He managed to Survive the whole Battle time.

2 minutes ago, Jim Broadreach said:

But be a Sportsman. He managed to Survive the whole Battle time.

It's obvious he was bullying a bot, tho...

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

It's obvious he was bullying a bot, tho...

Actually i was trying to learn mechanics of the game since this is like day 3.. after watching a video of some guy in a cutter taking down a BR110 vessel i was trying the same thing.

I just spent the last 4 game days travelling from Charleston to Kidd's Island on the open world map while fishing, with maybe 20% of the 70 people online at the moment. I know good and well an instanced map shouldn't use more resources than that..

As for server resources: I don't know, maybe programming has changed over the years but usually in instanced maps, inherit traits are loaded at the beginning and then pretty much forgotten by the server except for certain server update calls...so now i'm wondering if a longer instance map USES as you imply more resources than Open world tasks, or crafting tasks or any of the numerous other tasks I could have done during that 1.5 hours?

Hard limits? why are there Hard limits? There's no hard limits in real life...."Oh i'm sorry Hitler, you can't kill anymore prisoners today. You've reached your limit" REALLY?

Maybe step down off that high horse a minute and think about it. Not just the sandbox play, but the realism..I'm all for keeping it as realistic as possible....Only reason I went ahead and bought this game for $40 instead of waiting until it went on sale again for $15...

26 minutes ago, Windamere said:

Actually i was trying to learn mechanics of the game since this is like day 3

It's ok, there's even a video of me bullying a bot.

Just keep practicing, try taking LGVs in your cutter when you get it down it should take you about 15mins in battle

On 3/23/2018 at 8:55 AM, Windamere said:

ARG! What the hell is this bullshit? I just spent the last 1 1/2 doing what i thought was what i wanted to do. Since this is listed as a SANDBOX naval battle/trading game.. Just to get the enemy down to almost where i wanted him crew wise...then i get this message "Battle Over: Press ESC to leave" Seriously!!!!! NO battle in real life has ever ended in that short of time to begin with unless it was a Man-O-war vs. a kayak/canoe or something.....WHY do people claim sandbox and then proceed to put limits?!!! Even in PVP battles where people run away....that's part of the tactic's. Going to put limits on that to? I don't want compensation for the time i wasted, because thats what i was doing anyway...wasting time in a cutter training against much bigger BR ships...JUST FIX THIS....NO LIMITS!!!!

Be aware that there is a lot of time compression in game. You are reloading, aiming, raising and lowering your sails, turning your rudder and sails, and moving in relation to your target all at a sped up pace. 90 minutes in battle is several days game time.

We've all run out of time before but with a little more experience, I think you'll find that 90 minutes is more than enough for almost all solo and small engagements.

There is a countdown timer on the top of your screen. And hopefully the new UI and tutorials will inform new players of such parameters.

Sorry, but I agree with the OP.  If it's supposed to be sandbox, (which implies open ended), the time limit should be optional especially for someone practicing.

Since I am quite satisfied with the two earlier Ultimate General games, I came on here to browse plus(s) and minus(s) before purchasing... This is a minus... No purchase here yet.

edit> Has this been addressed in later patches (specifically patch 23 or 24)?

Edited by Gray_Lensman

I think its also a safe guard against being able to keep somebody in a battle against their will all day long.