Game-Labs Forum

Patrol zone ROE is still an issue - BR limit

16 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

why should well organized clans be punished for being well organized? the reality is that if you a small group of one or 2 you have to be very careful in what you do and what you do not do. if you don't like that your game play is restricted then grow your clan. take in some newbs and start to train them. but you don't want to mess with that. you want be able to fly around solo and take on everything in the game. and the game just isn't designed for that. 

Patrols, COULD BE, with limited ship entry, the perfect mechanism for the lone player or small group to participate in PVP,  well organized Clans are not punished by limited entry, there is plenty of content for them in the way of raising hostility, and PB's.(content that lone players may not have access to) Being well organized shouldn't necessarily mean  that you have priveleged  rights over EVERY aspect of content in the game. What I keep hearing in this thread is......we want to gank....we deserve to gank.....we're organized and it's our game, we will gank.

I myself, and imagine many more players as well, would not be a good clan member. I play this game when I find spare time. I cannot plan to participate in a scheduled PB because i don't know when i can play tomorrow, or in 2 days etc.

what i keep hearing is play OUR way, or find a different Game(a lot of players just might)

Patrols could fill a void, and with limited ship entry allow smaller combat formations and maybe, just maybe allow some PVP without the Big boys stomping the s*** out of you.

Come on dev's how bout something for the little guy?, It wouldnt' exclude ANYONE, but would give the little guy an opportunity.(check my earlier post for a very simple suggestion)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

People need to understand when they go into the pvp zone there is a good chance they wont make it back out. No matter who it is. even if your rolling with a large fleet there is still a chance that your going to run into a larger fleet. and then once the battle happends you don't know who is going to join what side for the 20 mins its open. Why is everyone so afraid of loosing a ship? ships are stupid cheap and easy to get. anything that's not 4/5 or 5/5 is a throw away ship anyways. so just don't take ur best ships into the zone. If  you go into the zone be ready to not come out. you may make it out or you may not. that's just how it is. ur not loosing anything of value so stop crying about getting sunk. and if you did loose something of value its your own fault. 

all that to say this @admin the battles staying open have created much needed content for lots of players does it lead to uneven and unpredictable battles... sure. but there has been more fighting in the OW since these pvp circles began than the last six months of the game. so stick to your guns and let the cry babys cry. if your a solo player then you need to go hunt traders and small fish by capitals. stay away from zone. its just that simple. 

You're speaking from a perspective of someone who sails in gank group. Now imagine how it is on the other side - you fight a somewhat even battle and suddenly after 15 minutes BAM, 5 1st rates warp in on enemy's side, you just lost. You have almost no chance to sink any enemy, you're a punching bag.  It's not fun.

I don't mind losing a ship, I would like to have a fighting chance. Right now I can't do anything against getting ganked, as I don't have other 6 people who could always join me. If I had, I would have issues finding even fights,where my enemy also has 6 people and fighting chance. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vazco said:

Right now I can't do anything against getting ganked, as I don't have other 6 people who could always join me. If I had, I would have issues finding even fights,where my enemy also has 6 people and fighting chance.

Yup, It's about making the patrol missions fun for as many as possible, even silly solo players. It's about recruiting and retaining players.

• Like 3

We have to keep in mind the clan changes maybe they will solve the issue. But for me the most important part is not to make patrol a new NA sandbox playground. It's purpose should be to attract former NAL or moba player to NA and therefore the main objective should be to deliver moba fun even that means we OW sandbox players have to accept and step back from turning that patrols in sandbox freedom. 

It's a game in a game don't be selfish.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

You could restrict the battles to nations, ex. one side is French, the other Pirate, only French or Pirates can join.

But honestly I don't see a problem with the FFA mentality that goes on in those circles, you don't like it, stay clear, simple as that. Provide a big fat warning: Enter at own risk?

Edited by Le Raf Boom

As mentioned by several others we need a mechanic that monitors the BR of each team and deny players to join the highest BR team when the BR is unbalanced. It should not guarantee that we get an equal fight, just that ganking is not the meta. Because ganking destroys pvp events like this very fast ^^

• Like 2