Game-Labs Forum

Patrol zone ROE is still an issue - BR limit

4 minutes ago, vazco said:

Right now, like in port battles, 1st rates allow you to bring an even force with lower amount of active players. This increases accessibility. It's a good feature.

Yeah you are correct sir.

Honestly though try recruiting some of those "Mr SealToBeClubbed " to your clan and try training them up a bit and the ganks don't become a problem. Plenty of new players in NA just need a few friends to help them.

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

I write you my fullsuggestion of pvp patrol roe again

Everyone gets dragged into battle, dorsnt matter how big BR is. If BR is bigger than standard BR limit it gets the new bR limit (what we have now)

If BR is lower than BR limit both sides are open for reinforcements until BR limit is reached.

BR limit Tumbado and Aves = 1200 (4 Wasa for example (i know its 20 BR too much but anyway)

BR limit Hispaniola = 2000 (some bellonas or 3 1st etc.)

BR limit Nassau = I actually dont care. Make it 800 thats 10 ships isnt that enough?

So if you wanna gank take more BR in fast ships so all get inside the circle

If yoh just wanna play take the dudes you wanna play with and take ships so you can stay as a group

if you want more players in patrol area consider to make BR limites regarding ships you can get for free. To fill the 1200 limit you need to much players with frigs but frigs would be the cheap ships people that would want to try out pvp or get into it bring to the fight.

Edited by z4ys

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

People already freak out when I say BR limit should be 1200. :D

With a limit of 700 I see other BR issues tho. With 700 you will only see Wasas for a well known reason

thats why we need ship class restriction or named vessel restriction on top^^ Atm its totally unappealing except you are in a very big clan/or grp or you have big ships. There is no casual factor in it but i believe thats why so many play moba.

Edited by z4ys

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

I think it makes RoE too complicated. What happens if you have a 3rd in your battlegroup and he is in the circle while yoh tag someone being in a 5th? What happens if he tags someone etc

I think all battles atm open a patrolzone battle if you have the mission or not right?

Just make it with BR. Gives a chance to work on BR values too if you see some ships get used the whole time you can look into it and change BR maybe

Should be no issue when some is sailing a bellona in the patrol zone and mission is patrol with cerb/reno or surprise that he cannot pull in the  zone (like basic cutter) or when someone else is pulling dont get draged in like in (reinforcement area)

7 minutes ago, Cabral said:

You think so? I think was merged on NA

On 16.3.2018 at 1:09 PM, admin said:

Dear Captains

The goals of NAL were to:

• Remove the open world (with all its negatives)
  • Remove the gear fear (with all its negatives)
  • Remove the unbalanced battles and ganking (with all their negatives)
  • Remove time wasting and hunting 
  • Provide the pure unspoiled experience of pure combat.

10,000 captains tried Naval Action Legends. Approximately 7000 of them got to the second level ship. 6 Captains have reached the Santisima Trinidad. Numbers usually do not lie and despite being a theoretically better game on paper, it did not have player retention compared with Naval Action with all the ganking, sailing, unbalanced fights, and complete lack of UI. It just could not keep players, forcing those who stayed to fight with bots, repeating the situation with the original sea trials. 

As a result, Naval Action Legends idea is temporarily put on hold. 

Several best ideas from the NAL will be brought into Naval Action in the future: specifically tournaments, challenges, the seamanship experience, and officers. Learnings from NAL will be applied to NA; with the main overreaching goal - fill the world with players, remove gear fear, and reward players for action (not only for kills). 

Inexpensive limited feature edition of NA will be introduced in the future that will increase the amount of players in the world, giving the NAL experience of non stop battles against players, in the world filled with players. 

PS. Regarding the new game type that was prototyped. Testing shown that all game types that could keep players would revolve around new content and adding that new content to 2 games is wasteful.

Adrenaline, the feel of the hunt, or being hunted gives a lot more spice to battles and our current plan is basically give this NAL feeling (ability to quickly jump to combat and recover losses quickly) in one game without splitting the audience in two.

But yes ideas of it went into NA buts wrong to say "go play NAL" because its now NA.

Edited by z4ys

If many prefer the NAL ideias why the devs don't get rid of this huge map and change to lobby system? It's walking that direction... 

I prefer OW pvp and the big map, and I think I belong to a silence majority, but the noisy minority is the one giving the cards.

Just now, Cabral said:

If many prefer the NAL ideias why the devs don't get rid of this huge map and change to lobby system? It's walking that direction... 

I prefer OW pvp and the big map, and I think I belong to a silence majority, but the noisy minority is the one giving the cards.

They don't, it's a meme. Truth is everyone loves getting a quick even battle once and a while but no one will admit without being told to go to legends

The game could fit both playstyles just fine if you ask me

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 2

Just now, rediii said:

If NA is supposed to fit all playstyles a small scale pvp equal BR zone is the way to go atm since this isn't catered atm at all

Patrol missions have to be focused down further as pulled battles against 2 nations. People can group up in 4s-10s and do as they please.

Otherwise you're going to get large groups from every nations all converging on one small portion of the map like a jumbled mess.

We can keep the missions we have now, just call them " traveling gladiatory arena mission event zone".. or something.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

We have heard it all before - actually the discussion was EXACTLY the same about admiralty events.
Remember how admiralty patrols started? no limits. Then players started to ask for smaller limit.
Did participation increase with limitation to 6v6? No
Were there a lot of rookie battles in the bahamas with 3v3? No

Its a sandbox. Get a friend. Find someone in National chat, he wants to to go pvp zone too but does not know you.
If you are alone you will have to run sometimes like USS Constitution. Totally historical. 

Current BR limits allow for 25 ships (Hispaniola event allows Trafalgar fleet composition)

• Like 4

Had an excellent shallow battle where over the course of the 30 minutes open time small ganks would join whatever side was weakest. By then end it was about 20v17. Thats how it should be. However its too easy in deep water for overwhelming ganks to dominate the zone with 1st rates. 

No one wants to risk a 1st rate by teaming up with randoms. 

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

on many occasions ships survived battles on both sides in Fleet Patrol, just takes skill - you know :)

I guess but you got to survive 90min which sucks. Not that I want things to change. I love that it's a fight to the death. 

25 minutes ago, admin said:

You can run in the OW
If constitution got into firing range it would fight to the death i am sure. 

+ you are rewarded for damage. 

Bravely fighting a battle is a fine thing!

But having no choice to do otherwise feels artificial - even if it‘s just the battle instance that doesn’t allow running!

... why do we even have the options of chainshot or the possibility of demasting inside patrol missions?

Using these options wouldn’t make any sense with the circle of death implemented.

In other words:

I like the patrol missions!

I don‘t like the circle of death / the inability to escape!

Plus: I like the idea of the dynamic BR controlled battle entry rights mentioned by @vazco!

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

Battles open for half an hour or longer without any BR restriction just don't work, I thought that has been tested and confirmed multiple times now in the two years early access stage, but owell..

I like the general idea of pvp events, bring players willing to pvp together, but as they are now, no restrictions, random reinforcments out of nowhere half an hour later and the fact that frigate battles are super rare now isn't quite my taste. Haven't played for a bit now and tbh not really missed it :o But maybe it's enough at some point, 5000 hours :D 

Edited by Liq
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Liq said:

Battles open for half an hour or longer without any BR restriction just don't work, I thought that has been tested and confirmed multiple times now in the two years early access stage, but owell..

I like the general idea of pvp events, bring players willing to pvp together, but as they are now, no restrictions, random reinforcments out of nowhere half an hour later and the fact that frigate battles are super rare now isn't quite my taste. Haven't played for a bit now and tbh not really missed it :o But maybe it's enough at some point, 5000 hours :D 

They do 2 steps forward, then 3 steps backward.

Edited by Cabral
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, admin said:

We have heard it all before - actually the discussion was EXACTLY the same about admiralty events.
Remember how admiralty patrols started? no limits. Then players started to ask for smaller limit.

Its a sandbox. Get a friend. Find someone in National chat, he wants to to go pvp zone too but does not know you.
If you are alone you will have to run sometimes like USS Constitution. Totally historical. 

Current BR limits allow for 25 ships (Hispaniola event allows Trafalgar fleet composition)

Except the USS constitution wasn’t locked in a battle and could run if facing too many foes.  So not totally historical.

Some simple solutions.  

- allow players to leave if the BR imbalance is too high.  

- close the battle after a certain amount of time.  5-15 mins. 

- if BR is reasonably close the battle is locked and no one can leave.  Within say 200 or 300.

——

I find your sandbox comment curious.  If this game is a sandbox why do we not have traditional sandbox features like clan wars, fighting within nations and a reputation system.  Anything goes in the sandbox is the theme is it not?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, admin said:

Patrol Events had huge popularity in first two days, before people learned to gank in OP 1st rates. You found something good.

Now ganks started and there are not many people on patrols - it's simply boring to gank or get ganked.

RoE changed since admirality events. Without fixing, patrol missions will die. They could be one of the most popular aspect of NA, judging from the first reception.

Yes, you tested a 6 vs 6 limit and 3 vs 3 limit. You didn't test progressive BR.

It's not about only one aspect. Patrol Events are great - with PvP marks for damage. They have only one issue now - ganks, which make them pointless.

When in OW, you can run. After battle starts and 10 people join to your 2 vs 2, it's a bit harder to run though. This is the main issue now.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

The Last resort is : Admirality provides the ships for the Patrol Zone, this way u control which ships get int-o the Zone plus if players get ganked they loose nothing ... only fun!!!
Make this Admirality ships untaggable by other ships that are not provided for this specific Patrol Mission.

MHO :)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

The Last resort is : Admirality provides the ships for the Patrol Zone, this way u control which ships get int-o the Zone plus if players get ganked they loose nothing ... only fun!!!
Make this Admirality ships untaggable by other ships that are not provided for this specific Patrol Mission.

MHO :)

I like it.  And make them Random ships each time 

• Like 3

How bout we forget BR for the patrol missions and just count ships.

Ship A tags ship B, 3rd ship in picks team A or Team B, 4th ship goes to smaller team or chooses not to join, and so on........

being on the wrong side of a 5 to 1(or worse) Mollywhop is no fun and a waste of gaming time.