Game-Labs Forum

Shocks should stop Repairs

Or when your crew is repairing rigging and you get chained you get crew shock and your repair is stopped for a short while. Same with hull repairs and getting a salvo blasting the planking you want to nail together.

Maybe call it repair shock? 10 (or more/less) seconds of repair time wasted?

It would counter the multiple repairs in combat a bit.

@admin?

22 minutes ago, Capt Trashal Early said:

I'm all for more moral depth in the game. But for now the Shocks should affect more than reload and steering :) 

Goes without saying the shock shouldn't stop the repair timer and begin again after the 30 seconds. It should stop the effect and carry on as if 30 seconds of repair was used.

Indeed. repair shock should "waste" repair time.

By the way, is there any effect on crew or ship when a fire breaks out other than a few sailors jump to extinguish the flames? Did ever someone witness a whole ship catching fire in game and burning down completely? Fire should be the fear no.1 on a completely wooden ship, besides sea water rushing in.

--

So far fire seem to me only a visual and accoustic effect triggered sometime and having no game play effect...

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

By the way, is there any effect on crew or ship when a fire breaks out other than a few sailors jump to extinguish the flames? Did ever someone witness a whole ship catching fire in game and burning down completely? Fire should be the fear no.1 on a completely wooden ship, besides sea water rushing in.

--

So far fire seem to me only a visual and accoustic effect triggered sometime and having no game play effect...

Yeah Fire is way to controllable.