Game-Labs Forum
Ink

Workaround for occasional ship control loss.

Captains, 

Rarely some of you may experience a sudden complete loss of control of your vessel in battle.

This can happen very rarely in case of heavy packet loss: game loses connection to a server and cannot re-establish the connection. It usually feels like you have lost all control of the ship.

Workaround
If you experience this in battle - please relogin to the game immediately. This will re-establish connection and you will be able to control a ship again.

We plan to add a visual indication of such connection loss in the future which will first show that you lost connection for some time and then drop you to login screen so you can quickly take action to return the control.

This is good to know because Ive always been told that this was because we were typing in the chat field without knowing it so it just seemed like we had lost control.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:36 PM, Ink said:

Captains, 

Rarely some of you may experience a sudden complete loss of control of your vessel in battle.

This can happen very rarely in case of heavy packet loss: game loses connection to a server and cannot re-establish the connection. It usually feels like you have lost all control of the ship.

Workaround
If you experience this in battle - please relogin to the game immediately. This will re-establish connection and you will be able to control a ship again.

We plan to add a visual indication of such connection loss in the future which will first show that you lost connection for some time and then drop you to login screen so you can quickly take action to return the control.

@admin @Ink I experienced something like this this evening during a fleet mission, i also had a fire on the ship that put me into fire shock whilst still having survival on couldn't turn my crew from guns or sailing finally got dc'ed and could not log into the game again got stuck on finding the login servers, unfortunately lost my L'ocean  cause of this, also have a witness to this @Msk who was there in the mission I didn’t lose connection to ts or discord and could also log into other steam games 

Edited by Rebrall

Hello ! I have just lost my Aggie in a 4th rate battle. I had no control of my sails and lost my ship. I have just read the post about re login but was unaware of this fix until now. Can i have my ship back please?  regards from Thomas in Wiltshire UK

13 hours ago, scottydog said:

Hello ! I have just lost my Aggie in a 4th rate battle. I had no control of my sails and lost my ship. I have just read the post about re login but was unaware of this fix until now. Can i have my ship back please?  regards from Thomas in Wiltshire UK

Captain, have you sent a F11 report? Are you sure you did not activate Brace command?

Hello.

I sent a report but misinformed you regarding the upgrades.  She was a well sorted Purple Code ship. Iwas not using brace. I could steer the ship and fire Guns but had zero control over the sails. 

Regards from Thomas.