Game-Labs Forum

Patrol missions, ganking, line-ships and rewards

23 hours ago, Wraith said:

...So if the dev's want to continue to cater to this minority, and try to force people to play a certain way...

Us PvP purists don't feel catered to at all, I can't understand what gave you that idea.

I don't understand what you're referring to when you say "force people to play a certain way".

• Like 1

On 19. März 2018 at 1:21 PM, jodgi said:

Sandboxers love to gank. They will tell you they love their freedom, role-playing, war-game or “playing it smart”, but they simply love to gank. Even reasonable guys are quickly turned to the dark side when the lizard brain kicks in and tries to avoid loss at all cost, yes, even to the point of having less fun.

If this is your opinion, why the hell you bought a sandbox game ? Do you go to a restaurant, order a beer and complain you dont get a foot massage ?

On 20.3.2018 at 10:49 PM, Wraith said:

you're forcing players to PvP and play the game that maybe you don't specifically want

I don't have those rather excellent PvE mods and books. I'm forced to PvE for them, except I don't because it would kill my will to live. I've complained a lot about it, tho ;) Much like you're complaining about the PvP exclusive stuff. Maybe I'm deluded to complain about any and all PvE when I click into the PvP server? But what about those that complain about PvP stuff after clicking into the same server?

1) people will cheat to get the things they need

I would dare say that is a sandbox mentality more than a pure PvP thing.

2) they quit.

That goes both ways; There are many players who have quit and are on breaks due to PvP (quality) frustration. We still have room to improve the quality aspect of the patrols, but at least PvP is easy to find within a reasonable time frame.

You seem maybe a little frustrated at this game accomodating Legends players (pure-PvP). Admin's intention is to bring more players into the OW as the patrol areas are in the OW. You're free to gank... screen for players going to and fro the circles while completely avoiding the terrible patrols themselves. Yet you complain... because these pure-PvP players don't play the game your way?

On 3/20/2018 at 5:49 PM, Wraith said:

By instituting special RoE, PvP events that basically strip players and the interactions you get away from OW activities, and PvP-only rewards that have become necessities in current meta builds, you're forcing players to PvP and play the game that maybe you don't specifically want, but that developers want them to play.  And that leads to two things: 1) people will cheat to get the things they need, or 2) they quit.  We're seeing both of these in Naval Action.

You talk like chicken little. Pre-patch numbers are always low, these are pretty good numbers when many people are waiting for UI to drop to get back in game.

PVP is arguably at its highest participation, RVR is even doing well right now.

No one is being forced to do patrol missions, or use that ROE. The only reason OW pvp is down is because people prefer finding fights ^^

3 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

PVP is arguably at its highest participation, RVR is even doing well right now.

Where is RVR doing great right now? Portbattles only happen when the attacker gets over himself to do hostility. In Sweden you cant find 10 players to do hostility.

There is one Portbattle today and that is in shallows. RVR is nearly dead in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Abram Svensson said:

Portbattles only happen when the attacker gets over himself to do hostility.

Yes, it's been suggested to me that not enough people want to do PVE. Then there are complaints about profitability. So, PvE and eco causing trouble for people who have the inclination to do big RvR PvP battles... Well, look at that!

Just now, Abram Svensson said:

Where is RVR doing great right now? Portbattles only happen when the attacker gets over himself to do hostility. In Sweden you cant find 10 players to do hostility.

There is one Portbattle today and that is in shallows. RVR is nearly dead in my opinion.

There were like 12 pbs this week for the northern part of the map. Lots of territory changing hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

I'm forced to PvE for them, except I don't because it would kill my will to live.

You live for this game? It's a common problem for you pvp'ers purists, and one of the causes why you complain so much.

• Like 1

Just now, Intrepido said:

We have less PBs now, that is a fact.

Is patrol zone one of its causes? Probably, but imo it is not the main cause.

So lets just say it is because of patrol zones. Does that mean get rid of patrol zones or make it so people want to do RVR more?

1 minute ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

no it's a double standard. No one is forced to PVP but everyone is forced to PVE is one way or another.

You really don't understand, do you? More than half of the players like the pve and trade aspects of the game, we on this forum belong to a minority. If we can't bring more players to the game or maintaine the current ones, where the wolfs will find food?

• Like 2

Just now, Cabral said:

You really don't understand, do you? More than half of the players like the pve and trade aspects of the game, we on this forum belong to a minority. If we can't bring more players to the game or maintaine the current ones, where the wolfs will find food?

I like them too but I also like PVP.

With PVE being the start gap of course more people like it, not everyone has made the step into PVP.

8 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

In my view, patrol zone doesnt need to be removed, just tweaked for pleasing more people.

On the other hand, RvR need to be more appealing overall. The instance port battles are good, what it must be changed is how important is that dot in the map for the RvR player.

Agreed, also accessibility. How important it is for the regular player who isn't in the PB fleet to go and fight at that port contribute. Otherwise I'm still not going to care about RVR if I can't participate.