Game-Labs Forum

Conquest Patrol Missions

Talk of the town is how to make RVR great again. Recent events have shown players need these things to promote going and participating in these events

A. An objective, clearly defined and shown

B. A goal, or many goals to accomplish

C. Rewards for completing this goals.

The newest implimention of PVP patrol missions has done reasonably well, people ARE participating in these events so there's no doubt they work as intended to promote PVP.

This suggestion is to add that system to current RVR. There are many ways to go about this, but here's mine. Once hostilities is raised, a zone is put onto the OW, similar to patrol zones. This will promote people to go to these port, fight, and incite fights that otherwise would not be taking place in these areas.

ANWoep2.jpg

Do not mind the number values, as these can be changed and tuned. The idea is that instead of just having hostilities>PB we get hostilities>OWfighting>PB. A simple content addition that doesn't affect or change current PBs or hostility mechanics, simply adds a PVP zone around contested ports to promote PVP.

Quick, easy, simple and effective. Thoughts?

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 2

Just now, z4ys said:

first flaw - take a mission for a port far away from everything and win a VM

Not possible, you don't pull these missions they are produced once a port reaches hostilties 100% and are closed at the end of the PB (or whenever works best to prevent abuse) But I like your thinking ^_^

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

wait in the zone 1 hour with a basic cutter

profit

You got me, there's no way around that devious exploit :D

Even if you were to just sit in the zone with a shit ship with no intention to fight, you're going to have to do a lot of avoiding and you'll probaby be caught and waste a lot of your time.

I mean that's not necessarily bad, as long as you're putting a ship on the line that isn't free then you're only doing a service to your enemy feeding them damage points and marks, you're better off fleeting up with friends and taking on the zone in groups.

You could only do the blockade portion of the mission, I see nothing wrong with that as long as you're putting your ship in the way of PVP. The rewards aren't going to make it worth your time, but they're rewards nonetheless and in return you're gaining PVP participation for more of a cause than the regular PVP patrol zones.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson