Game-Labs Forum
Jerome

Reinforcement zones, too big, too many

Title says it all.  Particularly for the pirates, who were supposed to be hardcore mode, not carebear nation of the sissy seas.

Edited by Jerome
  • Like 5

The pirates for a long time have lacked a true identity to set them apart from the other, regular, nations of government of civilians not criminals.

They're really just there for namesake, and their zone does take up a large piece of prime RVR territory.

• Like 3

Reinforcement-Zones are realy a bit to large. Not the length of them a long the coasts more how much they are going in to the Sea.

I have seen Players waiting in front of Habors starting attacking NPC's from there Spawn at the Habor in Reinforcement-Zones. So they are double Safe.

4 hours ago, Trashman said:

The pirates have the second largest number of players/carebears and you really wanna make it hardcore? Are you kidding me? 

I give a Poop on the Ports, i restartet with a few Ships, Gold, and some Upgrades in the Pirat Nation on the first Houre i saild to Shroud Cay and startet there to make a few Missions on B-Cutter. At the point i reached Scoundrel 120 Crew i took a Snow and Attacked Openworld Ships sometimes i attacked Players or they Attacked me. Now i am Plundere 200Crew and explore the World. To find some Players who sail not in Reinforcement-Zones to get some fights. 

Pirats shoud be more like a Hardcore-Nation give them Raids let them operate out of Freetowns like Shroud or Tumbardo give them there the access to the Pirat Den(Admirality). They shoud not have there own Ports.

Pirats shoud not be a Nation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

The pirates for a long time have lacked a true identity to set them apart from the other, regular, nations of government of civilians not criminals.

They're really just there for namesake, and their zone does take up a large piece of prime RVR territory.

reinforcements zone s are primary for the rookies (even pirates)

but indeed if you look at the true identity ,you can ask yourself : pirates and>  pirates "NAVY"  that was indeed never the case ..

nations had navy's but pirates never did have them on that scale...

they are given a nation identity as pirates ,but its not historically wright,with some exception of a single pirates nest somewhere

perhaps they should be given a other name like portugees (new)

and make the pirates a outlaw on his own...with some identity of his own , but vulnerable as a single unit as well..and  ,

also some benefits (tax free), and restrictions ship wise (only the 3 rate as the biggest they can handle)

pirate life is more about survival than carebear lifes 

the pirates we have now are a  nation now,  what seems to do them no good if you look at it historically

they are wannabe pirates , but not real pirates.

pirates are :

scum on the seven seas 

murderers and thieves 

outlaws with no authority ,only pirate law  

A pirate is a captain with a bounty on his head,  nothing more.

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Jerome said:

Title says it all.  Particularly for the pirates, who were supposed to be hardcore mode, not carebear nation of the sissy seas.

i agree , at some point

Reinforcement zones, too big, too many

yes they are to big in some cases ,

but 

perhaps individually adjustment is needed like : small , medium ,and big reinforcement zones (3 types)

the capital has the biggest reinforcement zone .

the  island near the capital has a medium reinforcement zone and far from the main capital has a small reinforcement zone

and in some cases they should not exist at all.

it will give the enemy some more space to manoeuvre. 

• Like 2

You guys are really funny. Most all the veteran players leave Pirates, they are left with mostly new players and not many "active" Pirates total. And you guys call them a Big nation ROFL.....  Get a grip. In your mind Pirates are a big nation with lots of bad guys who wont fight - the reality is quite different.

• Like 1

That's kind of the point that went over your head, pirates are a carebear nation and people should be "fear" (worry) them when they see them. They don't though. They should be a hardcore nation that you cannot choose to join at the beginning of the game but something you become once you say, attack one of your own nation. Outlaw mechanics should be universal and not restricted to just pirate but there should be severe consequences for anyone who uses it but pirates.

The pirates aren't a big nation, they pretend to be though and that's my issue. They do just sit at Mortimer Town. Hell, even sitting outside in a snow is usually enough to send them scurrying. They've got as much spine as a slug half the time and that should change. The changes to the outlaw mechanics has created a nation of sissies (not all pirates are sissies fyi but there are as many in pirates as there are in every other nation now).

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Pirates should be like Prussia, Russia and Poland.

No until they have some unique mechanics.

3 hours ago, Headless Parrot said:

You guys are really funny. Most all the veteran players leave Pirates, they are left with mostly new players and not many "active" Pirates total. And you guys call them a Big nation ROFL.....  Get a grip. In your mind Pirates are a big nation with lots of bad guys who wont fight - the reality is quite different.

People left pirates because they are so weak.  I was a long time pirate because I log on only for pvp.  I left pirates because it is full of carebears.  Not real pirates.

I think the reinforcement zones are really too big! Capital and a couple of ports with the basic resources to craft base ships in oak / oak would be sufficient. Thrre you can do the missions, let's say up to the commodore rank, the rear admiral missions should be out and stay open 3 min. It's just my personal opinion.

Pointless bashing on Pirates. Let the Devs deal with there priorities. Pirates are on the list :) Just not that important yet.

Yes pirates have a lot of players, yes there carebears. But have any of you actually asked why ?

Pirates is probably about 60-80% new players. The majority of KOTO is new players that have maybe 50-200 hours gameplay. Its just where people go because they've seen black sails etc etc. Although I complete agree with every statement its just getting boring as hell hearing it every day. Not all pirates are carebears and it takes time to bring new players out of there happy zones into the real game.

Should pirates have different mechanics? Hell Yes. Does it matter right now ? not really.

PS
Reinforcement zones need to exist for new player protection. They do however need tweaking I agree :)