Game-Labs Forum

Death of Shallow area patrol missions?

Went up to Nassau patrol today and has become a joke, all i see is an army of basic cutters targeting AI fleets.  All this has done is discourage others from bothering, I mean there is no PVP mark reward for basic cutters, they have free reps etc.

Nassau patrol area is dead, no actual pvp just basic cutter AI farmers.

** Edit - As day progressed we had some epic fights to be fair, well done Headless parrot and his indestructable lo/wo niagra was an epic fight :).

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

When tutorial rewards will be finished, there will be no need for basic anymore from my understanding isn t it ?

Of course there will still be the need for free fast shuttle in each port.

3 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

When tutorial rewards will be finished, there will be no need for basic anymore from my understanding isn t it ?

It will always be needed since it is possible for a player to reach 0 gold ( or little enough to not be able to buy a ship ) and you only get the tutorial reward once as far as I understood, so what should the player do in this situation?

2 hours ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

It will always be needed since it is possible for a player to reach 0 gold ( or little enough to not be able to buy a ship ) and you only get the tutorial reward once as far as I understood, so what should the player do in this situation?

I'm not sure, but I wonder what they do in eve, how they return a player from null isk to being able to buy another ship on market. Maybe it has something to do with the insurance for ships? you always get back enough to buy a cheap market ship, so like 10-15k minimum for losing a ship, buy another 7th rate or if you lost a 4th rate get insurance money for a 5th rate (scales with value) and then we no longer need a basic cutter.

• Like 1

It was saturday. So the Russian or Swedish, were out drinking, socializing I mean. 

Cutters should be banned from missions forever, because of them I sometimes hate the mission.

Socializing gank squads aside, leftovers still managed to gank :)  We were kind of even, when gank  squad joined enemy, after that suprisingly some 7UP guys joined our side, weak side. Unsuprisingly KOTO came for gank joining powerful enemy, they kept joining.

Look at the picture of final moments in battle, I am sorry for the qank squad, what a shame :)

gank.png

gank2.png

• Like 1

All the events are doing is giving some douchebags (enough battleresults to know who they are) the opportunity to troll everyone.

They only join the high br-side and then just ram into people ... they are not there to play the game, only to grief.

You end up on your own against 5-6 or more people and they complain because you don't drop sails and sit still. Yes, that's right, when you are outnumbered they complain because it takes them half an hour until they can sink you.  Then some more groups join ... They don't want to play, they only want to farm and ruin gameplay.

They also have advice when you're outnumbered: if you fight and die fast you get more damage done ... lol.  Expect me to be upwind and sailing away the next times players like that join the battle. I have 1.5h to stay alive, you all can wait until you can catch me. I don't care that you feel like i'm wasting your time, your wasting mine with your shitgameplay (playing bumpercars and calling it skill?)

The event-zone is just a farce, just like many who call themselves pvp-players. Go play Day-Z and stay there?

Keep allowing shitlords to hello kitty everything up and keep wondering why the game doesn't retain players :-)

1 hour ago, Eyesore said:

All the events are doing is giving some douchebags (enough battleresults to know who they are) the opportunity to troll everyone.

They only join the high br-side and then just ram into people ... they are not there to play the game, only to grief.

You end up on your own against 5-6 or more people and they complain because you don't drop sails and sit still. Yes, that's right, when you are outnumbered they complain because it takes them half an hour until they can sink you.  Then some more groups join ... They don't want to play, they only want to farm and ruin gameplay.

They also have advice when you're outnumbered: if you fight and die fast you get more damage done ... lol.  Expect me to be upwind and sailing away the next times players like that join the battle. I have 1.5h to stay alive, you all can wait until you can catch me. I don't care that you feel like i'm wasting your time, your wasting mine with your shitgameplay (playing bumpercars and calling it skill?)

The event-zone is just a farce, just like many who call themselves pvp-players. Go play Day-Z and stay there?

Keep allowing shitlords to hello kitty everything up and keep wondering why the game doesn't retain players :-)

Man you sound salty, it's just way it goes.

Entered a battle last night and looked like we had 1 more ship, as battle progressed ended up both sides filling to max and a well fought  hard battle for all.

I think we all been hammered by a large group of players, but i do like the battles stay open. Gives you opportunity to delay them and hope more people join, nothing wrong with kiting for time :).

@SKurj the problem is, when you sink a basic cutter, you won't get a PVP mark. And you need little damage to sink the cutter, but it will take long time to sink cutter, because it is fast and small, and has very tiny profile. While you lose ship, the other guy can just troll around with his free ship.

@SKurj but aside from 10 pvp mark mission reward, if you sink an enemy you get let's say 5 pvp mark more. That is a difference. I did 3 patrol missions, got 30 pvp marks, another 30 for ship kills, total 60pvp mark, it kinda matters :)