Game-Labs Forum

Danish-Norwegian privateers

Clan DNP is recruiting

Denmark-Norway is as always recruiting new members. We in Denmark-Norway have a lot of diversity to offer - trading and PvE'ing for the casual player,  fun and engaging PvP for the more combatitive player and as always RvR for those who wish to promote the glory of our nation to the rest of the carribean.. You name it and we either have the clan or the activity for you..

DNP is a clan of RvR, PvP and from time to time PvE.. Our original focus was on PvP and this is still where the hearth resides.. We have however taken RvR to hearth in order to safeguard our nation on behalf of the free commerce and the casual players.. We seek new members willing to exchange broadsides with the enemy and to promote the interests of our nation in an engaging contest with the rest of the Caribbean.. 

We're an easygoing fun loving clan that in general doesn't place huge demands on our members.. Recent events do force me however to reiterate a few guidelines..

We honor our agreements at all times - even when they turn out to be against our best interests.. Our word is binding..

We fight our enemies in the hills, the beaches and on the seas. We do not waiver, we do not surrender.

We conduct ourselves in a manner befitting a member of the most honorable faction in the Caribbean and we will continue to do so.

We do not cry when outnumbered, we make the best of it.

We ask no quarter, as we give no quarter.. 

Recent events has forced me to reiterate these principles by which we sail, and any member conducting themselves in a dishonorable way is ofcourse liable to disciplinary measures at all times, from a public flogging to a private beheading.

Regards

Lars Kjaer, Captain of his majesty's privateers

port of Christiansted, 1765

Great guys! I have never had a clan like you as an enemy. You gank the shit out of me yet I still luv you all for some reason. I would recommend this clan to any Dane just like I recommend TheCap to Lars. You're welcome btw :P 

All jokes aside I have only had positive experience with DNP and would recommend this clan to any dane looking for some biff. 

Edited by TrashiRoku
  • Like 1

True leadership of the danes : Join the zerg and your problems are solved, ohhh sorry, no forged papers.... lol

"We ask no quarter, as we give no quarter.."  ask the guy; who is privately  headed  ,he was doing his own thing..there is no tribunal for that ...instead of picking him up you let the community shout a verdict on him, 

for your own honor...

you even dwell with it ....sorry just my thoughts on the matter..

ohh success with your clan and many souls ...but after this i doubt it..

Edited by Thonys

On 17/3/2018 at 12:39 PM, Thonys said:

True leadership of the danes : Join the zerg and your problems are solved, ohhh sorry, no forged papers.... lol I really don't think anyone other than you would say that the danes "zerg" anyone.. Or have joined a zerg.

"We ask no quarter, as we give no quarter.."  ask the guy; who is privately  headed  ,he was doing his own thing..there is no tribunal for that ...instead of picking him up you let the community shout a verdict on him, I have no idea what you mean by this. Try to reread your text and make it a bit more elligable.

for your own honor...

you even dwell with it ....sorry just my thoughts on the matter.. No need to apologize - but I have no idea what you're talking about.

ohh success with your clan and many souls ...but after this i doubt it.. DNP is a small, friendly clan that wants to do some content for both ourself and others. As far as I know the dutch still has more numbers than the entire DK/NG nation - the dutch just doesn't organize, and provide content to noone.

We fight our enemies in the hills, the beaches and on the seas. We do not waiver, we do not surrender.

Yes. Every DNP I've fought has been tenacious, whether near their capital or near our own.

We conduct ourselves in a manner befitting a member of the most honorable faction in the Caribbean and we will continue to do so.

This has not been my experience. I have witnessed DNP members engage in sealclubbing and grief tactics, such as ASSASSIN and darkjoker. Those wreches qualify as antisocial blowhards, not honorable by any means. Skilled in pvp, certainly. If that's all that matters to be considered "honorable" then your definition of the word needs work. It's not what you can do, it's how you do it that counts.

I

14 hours ago, Saliador said:

Yes. Every DNP I've fought has been tenacious, whether near their capital or near our own.

This has not been my experience. I have witnessed DNP members engage in sealclubbing and grief tactics, such as ASSASSIN and darkjoker. Those wreches qualify as antisocial blowhards, not honorable by any means. Skilled in pvp, certainly. If that's all that matters to be considered "honorable" then your definition of the word needs work. It's not what you can do, it's how you do it that counts.

I was an DNP player and still mainly play with them. And yes we do ganking. Don’t see a problem with that. Most time we go out 2-3 players. So sometime we get a fight against 1 and sometime against a lot more. But now with open battles we do go out in bigger groups. You don’t fight outside Gustavia ore any other Capital without more Enemy players joining the open battles,.

What Grief tactic we should use I don’t know.

Edited by staun

11 hours ago, Saliador said:

I have to agree with Staun.. Mostly we hunt in groups of 2-3, after the reinforcement zones were introduced we've had hunting parties as large as 7 but they are not the norm and with open battles we've had the pleasure to fight 4-5 against 25... Those generally start with 1 getting ganked by us (admittedly) and then a nation joins and we have a fun battle against the majority. For the first individual I can only offer my sympathy but that stems from a broken PvP environment atm and has little to do with finding any pleasure in a kill on a single individual. I know it's no comfort but that one individual is merely the means to get the majority out of port and into a larger battle - which we often lose out on btw since we're 4 or 5 against a full fleet. All ships can be replaced tho without much fuss..

What do a fight with DNP then sounds like. We make a short video after oure fight, with the most fun part and upload in a closed FB group. This one is from a fight against the Dutch. We beat them in the Pb and now are going to kill the rest in OW. 9 against 5, so should be a easy fight,

Btw. The special cannons for Lars is just that sometimes he forget to put cannons on his ship before a fight.

Edited by staun
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, DreamMaker said:

OH! My  favorite lovely clan! I wish good luck for you, gentelmens!

And Dream you're by far my most favorite raider in danish waters... even if u are a mean demaster.... or a master demaster :)

We all see the SS where players beat the odds. Well In DNP, we don't every time.

Thats how we are when we get scr.. by the britts, It is a old tape,just got around to it now.

But in DNP, we can always craft the next ship for you,

• 2 weeks later...

I promised one of my friends to share with you an interesting story about courage and heroism: 

33088220F9040A917FAF8ACECAF90BC0E52545C4

so as not to litter the topic with screenshots I will tell the background and the sequel:
before screen: these gentelmens fight me and sank
after screen: we wasting 1,5 hours and go to bed :) (no one not sank).
My best regards, "bounty hunters" o/

• Like 1

Well no doubt that Dreammaker is one of the few guys you actually can trusth to come back out and fight. But why should ther let him go ind and get ready for a new fights.

He is in a teak/wo. They are most likely in teak/teak. His upgrades are proberbly not speed, where theres would, since they are out hunting. Cant ofc not be sure since I was not online. So should they have let him get repairs for a fair fight?

can’t see it. It was not an arranged fight. Whenhe  kills me in a trader, I never was told that he would only use top deck, so it would be a good fight. 

If they have fought him once and got sunk, and they in the next battle, have spend 1,5 hours trying to get him, I doubt very much they think they have waisted there time. Just show how good a player Dreammaker is and why you don’t give him a edge. He would just blow you out of the water.

Assasin is maybe a bit salty, But thats just how we talk, also to each others.

Edited by staun

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

They wasted 1,5h, achieved nothing, didn't get a good fight and learnt nothing out of it. It's a lose-lose situation with triple lose for DNP side.

With so few PvP fights happening none of us is learning anything and skills formerly learnt has been unlearned. Shitty state of the game makes for shitty gameplay.

16 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

They wasted 1,5h, achieved nothing, didn't get a good fight and learnt nothing out of it. It's a lose-lose situation with triple lose for DNP side.

Dreammaker said He waisted his time, not sure they did. Pretty sure they had fun try ti get him.

Achived nothing? So only if it is a succes they learned something and it was not a wast of time. Guess most players then waist there time in this game. I disagree, you can learn a World from your fails, Atleast you get an idea, what to improve. To me that not a waist of time ore a failure. But ofc if you are perfect, I guess you dont have to know what to improve.

They learned from the first fight, where He killed them. Don’t do that again:)

Edited by staun

12 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

If 3 ships fail to kill a lonely Bellona for 2h (literally gank) + they got fast Endymion chaser. I'm 100% sure they didn't learn anything useful from this, you learn very little from ganks and long hours chases. The only way to learn is to understand your mistakes, they clearly don't understand their mistakes. Maybe they learned 5% of what they would learn by really fighting DreamMaker. If you @staun enjoy sailing upwind, chasing a ship for 2h that gets away from you and trying to shoot him from far away then your gameplay must be very interesting. I thought that players actually enjoyed more fighting, brawling, shooting broadsides, you know... Usually during long chases I just browse internet or watch a movie/series or read a book or check NA Forums or watch funny videos on youtube. My gameplay focus on NA during tedious chase is probably like only 30% needed. 

On top of it, I guess Assasin has enough PvP experience to face Dream in 1v1 fight, no?

Lets see. They wanted to learn to chase, witch they for sure need. How will they learn that from a dogfight with no running?

Do players enjoy fight, brawling an so on. Think some do. Thats why more and more players have stopped sail in fir fir. But those guys is still out there trying to get easy PvP against traders. Personally I like the PB the most. 

Think Assasin is a good PvP player, not long ago I witness him killing and Endymion and Snow trying to kill him, when He was on an Indiaman with an Indiaman in fleet. Every body can fight Dreammaker in a 1-1 fight. Most will lose all fight against him. I would guess there is maybe 5 guys that stand a chance against him.

wow... I didn't want to breed such a cruel dispute. I apologize if someone has offended, I just thought it was a story all cheerful. Everyone plays as they want, it is not necessary to see in my message any hidden aggression, it is just funny! no? I dont care i just think it is really funny, u can just smile or not, it is just a game :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamMaker said:

wow... I didn't want to breed such a cruel dispute. I apologize if someone has offended, I just thought it was a story all cheerful. Everyone plays as they want, it is not necessary to see in my message any hidden aggression, it is just funny! no? I dont care i just think it is really funny, u can just smile or not, it is just a game :) 

1 hour ago, staun said:

Don’t think any is offended. Just buffed the forum in a time, where lets be honnest, a funial is more fun.

It's just Banished trying to make Russians look bad. Don't pay too much attention.