Game-Labs Forum

Make Naval Action more realistic

@admin

Hi. We are many who think that Naval Action would be a better game if it were more realistic, and less arcade. 
These are some proposals to achieve it. I´m sorry if some of them have already been proposed.

1.Not being able to teleport between outposts. You must navigate, because you are not a super hero.

2.Eliminate teleport in open world (tow to port).  For the same reason.

3.PvP battles should never close.  It is not realistic that for seconds or minutes you can not participate in a battle between players.

4.Realistic economy: supply and demand.  Players must have more prominence, or the trade becomes boring.

5.Realistic Craft: instead of being automatic (consuming labor hours), craft could take from seconds or minutes (pieces and small ships) to hours or days (big ships or line ships), depending on what is crafted. 

6.Repairs: instead of having a timer to be able to repair again, it could be passive repair(it can be activated and desactivated as sailing, boarding...), being slower.

7.Masts: they can not be repaired in battle, and they are more difficult to break.

8.Your ships can travel without you: you assign them a crew and select a destination port, so they sail like a common NPC. Obviously, they can be boarded or sunk by enemy players. I think it´s a better idea than teleporting ships (magic).

9.Stronger storms in battle: ships can be damaged. (No storms in port battles or hostility /combat missions, only in PvP battles).

10.WANTED: rewards system (in your faction) for sinking wanted enemies.

11.Trade missions: the port gives you the goods and you transport them for gold and exp. This increases trade and piracy.

12.Crew´s moral in open world: with food, rum... Fishing would be more useful, and rum would be more valuable.

13.Game translation: this improves gaming experience and attracts more players to Naval Action. Spanish, French, Russian and others...

Thank you for reading. If you agree with this, give it a like for a more realistic Naval Action!

Of course, these are many proposals. You can agree with some and disagree with others.

Edited by AlonsoC
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, AlonsoC said:

1.Not being able to teleport between outposts. You must navigate, because you are not a super hero.

Tested that, noone liked afk sailing - meeting players randomly in the open sea just doesnt happen -> thus created less pvp

1 minute ago, AlonsoC said:

3.PvP battles should never close.  It is not realistic that for seconds or minutes you can not participate in a battle between players.

sigh..
You can get from Mortimer to KPR in about 10 - 15 minutes in OW. in a battle instance it'd take you several hours (probably half a day). Now tell me, how is it realistic for players that were not in rage of an engagement to join the action? 3 minute join timer simulates that only ships in range are able to join, as it should be, if you want to be realistic. (This is due to the huge differencein Speed / Distance coverage in OW and battles).

Other points I mostly agree with (except masts, I think they're at an OK spot now).

• Like 7

4 hours ago, AlonsoC said:

Hi. We are many who think that Naval Action would be a better game if it were more realistic, and less arcade. 
These are some proposals to achieve it. I´m sorry if some of them have already been proposed.

4.Realistic economy: supply and demand.  Players must have more prominence, or the trade becomes boring.

5.Realistic Craft: instead of being automatic (consuming labor hours), craft could take from seconds or minutes (pieces and small ships) to hours or days (big ships or line ships), depending on what is crafted. 

6.Repairs: instead of having a timer to be able to repair again, it could be passive repair(it can be activated and desactivated as sailing, boarding...), being slower.

7.Masts: they can not be repaired in battle, and they are more difficult to break.

8.Your ships can travel without you: you assign them a crew and select a destination port, so they sail like a common NPC. Obviously, they can be boarded or sunk by enemy players. I think it´s a better idea than teleporting ships (magic).

12.Crew´s moral in open world: with food, rum... Fishing would be more useful, and rum would be more valuable.

"NO, THIS IS A GAME." - every player that has a life

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, AlonsoC said:

2.Eliminate teleport in open world (tow to port).  For the same reason

No thx. If devs agree i think  almost all would leave the game...

• Like 5

NO the game is not my actual real life, this idea is a time sink. - 1.Not being able to teleport between outposts. You must navigate, because you are not a super hero.

NO the game is not my actual real life, this idea is a time sink. - 2.Eliminate teleport in open world (tow to port).  For the same reason.

Agree -- 3.PvP battles should never close.  It is not realistic that for seconds or minutes you can not participate in a battle between players.

Agree  -- 4.Realistic economy: supply and demand.  Players must have more prominence, or the trade becomes boring.

NO the game is not my actual real life, this idea is a time sink -- 5.Realistic Craft: instead of being automatic (consuming labor hours), craft could take from seconds or minutes (pieces and small ships) to hours or days (big ships or line ships), depending on what is crafted. 

DO not understand --- 6.Repairs: instead of having a timer to be able to repair again, it could be passive repair(it can be activated and desactivated as sailing, boarding...), being slower.

Not a bad idea -- 7.Masts: they can not be repaired in battle, and they are more difficult to break.

Not a bad idea - (note that when TPing a ship it is empty so cannot relate the two ideas) --- 8.Your ships can travel without you: you assign them a crew and select a destination port, so they sail like a common NPC. Obviously, they can be boarded or sunk by enemy players. I think it´s a better idea than teleporting ships (magic).

Why not storms all the time --- 9.Stronger storms in battle: ships can be damaged. (No storms in port battles or hostility /combat missions, only in PvP battles).

What is stopping you now? --- 10.WANTED: rewards system (in your faction) for sinking wanted enemies.

NO - you should risk your own money --- 11.Trade missions: the port gives you the goods and you transport them for gold and exp. This increases trade and piracy.

DO not understand --12.Crew´s moral in open world: with food, rum... Fishing would be more useful, and rum would be more valuable.

Dont care -- 13.Game translation: this improves gaming experience and attracts more players to Naval Action. Spanish, French, Russian and others...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AlonsoC said:

can not be repaired in battle, and they are more difficult to break.

That is the opposite of realistic. Go look at paintings of naval warfare atthis time period. You’ll notice most ships are missing masts because they were easy to destroy, but they also could be put back up in battle if you could get out of the battle for a day.

53 minutes ago, AlonsoC said:

54 minutes ago, AlonsoC said:

13.Game translation: this improves gaming experience and attracts more players to Naval Action. Spanish, French, Russian and others...

The only 2 reasonable points imo and "wanted" aka bounty system is already in game done by players. Everything else seems like complete garbage and a waste of time... you know objectively speaking for all people that have a life. Sometimes im glad the devs don't listen to all suggestions and do their own thing...

55 minutes ago, AlonsoC said:

@admin

For the love of god, no. Kills gameplay.

No, because being lost in a blinding storm that lasts forever is no fun and causes people to log out, and it is one of the few real defenses traders have.

Yes, and we are starting to see this and the response has been generally positive so far.

Yes, should be top priority.

No, I've played games like this and it sucks, and hurts gameplay.

I like the timer/cooldown as it adds a strategic element to the battle beyond just maneuvers, thus adding realism.

Sort of, being able to step a new full mast should be a no-no, but being able to set up a jury rig or fish an upper mast is doable. Mast repairs should scale to mast damage.

Yes, but only if they stay in OW.

9.Stronger storms in battle: ships can be damaged. (No storms in port battles or hostility /combat missions, only in PvP battles).

Would love to see stress damage modeled.

Absolutely

11.Trade missions: the port gives you the goods and you transport them for gold and exp. This increases trade and piracy.

Or better yet, players can set/accept delivery contracts from other players.

No, repairs need to go the way of provisions, crafted into the ship and not part of the consumable game. Also, moral due to sailing in OW should stay at 100% to keep people in OW.

No real opinion here, as the English translation still needs work :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlonsoC said:

YES, IT IS A GAME, BUT... ¿AN ARCADE GAME?

How could you ever consider  it an arcade game. You basically saying someone can quickly learn and play the game and walk away with it easily. IN NO WAY IS THIS GAME COMPARABLE TO ANY ARCADE GAME EVER  MADE.

• Like 1

I appreciate the answers with opinions without insults. Obviously there are many proposals and it is logical that each person agrees with some and disagree with others. 

I think these proposals would make the game better. I can not believe that in a game called "NAVAL" Action, people are too lazy to navigate (considering that in Open World the speed of navigation is much higher than in battle). There are already naval games in which there is no need to sail too much (world of warships). You can disagree with me but you do not need to insult or disregard the opinions of others.

Thanks to those who give their opinion on this. I think some of the proposals can be successful in a short period of time. 
It's up to the creators to do them or not.

2 hours ago, AlonsoC said:

@admin

Thank you for reading. If you agree with this, give it a like for a more realistic Naval Action!

Of course, these are many proposals. You can agree with some and disagree with others.

Great ideas, not good for game population though.

1.Not being able to teleport between outposts. You must navigate, because you are not a super hero. Disagree

3.PvP battles should never close.  It is not realistic that for seconds or minutes you can not participate in a battle between players. Liq already gave a good answer, may take longer to close but the longer time passed the further away you start the battle, even 10-15 sailing.

4.Realistic economy: supply and demand.  Players must have more prominence, or the trade becomes boring. Yes but need player base

5.Realistic Craft: instead of being automatic (consuming labor hours), craft could take from seconds or minutes (pieces and small ships) to hours or days (big ships or line ships), depending on what is crafted.  I disagree, it should take may be 10 minutes for a 1st rate, but what is the reason ?

6.Repairs: instead of having a timer to be able to repair again, it could be passive repair(it can be activated and desactivated as sailing, boarding...), being slower.   I only agree that OW Repair should have like 5 minutes cool down after you exit a battle instance, including crew management.

7.Masts: they can not be repaired in battle, and they are more difficult to break. It is not easy to demast currently.

8.Your ships can travel without you: you assign them a crew and select a destination port, so they sail like a common NPC. Obviously, they can be boarded or sunk by enemy players. I think it´s a better idea than teleporting ships (magic). I do agree with this, hiring a captain, some ships can travel like npc.

9.Stronger storms in battle: ships can be damaged. (No storms in port battles or hostility /combat missions, only in PvP battles). I agree provided it occures very rare, why would you fight in a strom, you just run away.

10.WANTED: rewards system (in your faction) for sinking wanted enemies. This is a MUST, there should be boards at ports, for wanted list and some other stuff. Put CM, Pvp mark, gold for the guy, nation, etc.

11.Trade missions: the port gives you the goods and you transport them for gold and exp. This increases trade and piracy. I AGREE.

12.Crew´s moral in open world: with food, rum... Fishing would be more useful, and rum would be more valuable.  Rum already ressurects :)

13.Game translation: this improves gaming experience and attracts more players to Naval Action. Spanish, French, Russian and others... This being worked on...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

That is the opposite of realistic. Go look at paintings of naval warfare atthis time period. You’ll notice most ships are missing masts because they were easy to destroy, but they also could be put back up in battle if you could get out of the battle for a day.

Ffs paintings are NOT a viable source of reference since they were used as either commemorative or celebratory events... A ship CANNOT replace a mast in open waters it needs to be more or less stationary which is not achievable unless beached.. When most recounts speaks of demastings it is either a full demasting (horrible catastrophe that would decide the engagement) or - more often - yard or rigging damage that could be replaced during the stress of either a voyage or an engagement.. These could put the ship out of contention for hours but wasn't as catastrophic as the ship retained some maneuverability..

19 hours ago, AlonsoC said:

to 1 and 2: We had that in Patch 10.X minority liked it

to 3: You want realistic features but you want arcade stuff like always open battles? There you lost me. The OW is more timecompressed then the battle ini. While in OW you can sail huge distances in no time you cant sail the same distance in instances. So why should the battle always stay open? That makes no sense. Battles close to protect the players for the difference in timecompression. But i understand that in pvp patrol area the battle stays always open - its for the moba crowd.

to 4: Agree

to 5: there is no difference in building over time or LH. LH take time to generate. Same time a building progress would need. LH system is more player friendly

to 6: why not i am up to test it.

to 7: i am up to test that only bottom sectioncan be repaired but i tell you nobody will love it and makes mastshooting the only meta. Stronger mast - no look at ship/battle paintings

to 8: no fake feature nobody will use it because of loss

to 9: yes pls bring back storm to battle

to 10: no due to abuse

to 11: hope we will gte back trade missions

to 12: that makes no sense regarding more realism. ships were equiped with enough food the time we stay normally at sea with our ships would barely stratch the ships provisions. So you actually asking for an arcade feature.

to 13: its already worked on.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AlonsoC said:

@admin

bad idea