Game-Labs Forum

Massive Speed Glich

I logged in today near Port Morant, and found several battles open. I joined one in my Renommee, and started attacking the British players in battle. Everything started out normal. After a few minutes, a British Renommee sank, and I checked his hold. He had nothing interesting, so I kept sailing without switching anything from his hold to mine. At this time, many other British players started joining the battle, so I turned to run away.

This is when I noticed something was wrong. My Renommee now could only achieve 6.8 kn in battle, although several minutes before, it had easily been doing 13.8 kn. My sails were 100%, there was no water in my hold, my sails were set to auto-skipper (and I double checked if they were stuck in manual several times). Everything should be fine, but suddenly I was painfully slow. I tried everything I could think of, but my speed stayed glitched until the British players caught and sunk me. At the end, I asked one of them to check my hold, to see if I had picked up some strange heavy item from the sunk enemy Renommee, but the player that checked said there was nothing strange in my hold, and no extra repairs. 

I reported the Glitch in-game, and this screenshot shows the report number. Unfortunately I didn't have time to record with video. It wasn't an overly expensive ship, but it was extremely frustrating to have zero chance of escape, in a perfectly healthy ship.

20180316103040_1.jpg

Edited by Guest