Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Banished Privateer

More Hull Repairs Used in OW

As the title says. You use more hull repairs to repair in OW (when damaged on multiple sides) than in battle. This is really annoying and a reason why players stay in battles and repair in battle instance often. Sometimes to repair one ship in OW, it consumes 70-100 hull repairs... or even more. Wondering why no one has reported that issue yet.

• Like 13

If u think about it, in battle u have a base repair (25% i think) then u have the modes wich can repair u up to (40% maybe more/less). In OW you will repair all the way 100% and the mods do not help there. So, more repairs are used.

45 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

As the title says. You use more hull repairs to repair in OW (when damaged on multiple sides) than in battle. This is really annoying and a reason why players stay in battles and repair in battle instance often. Sometimes to repair one ship in OW, it consumes 70-100 hull repairs... or even more. Wondering why no one has reported that issue yet.

well it is normal practise to sail to port and repair in port

almost nobody repairs at sea (ow)

i agree that it is funny that is has a difference in ow and battle 

that should not be the case

Edited by Thonys

It's not about mods... It's that in battle 1 hull repair repairs 100 HP for bow, stern, left, right side and structure (all at the same time). In OW you need 5x more hull repairs to repair same amount of damage.

Just now, Thonys said:

well it is normal practise to sail to port and repair in port

almost nobody repairs at sea

i agree that it is funny that is has a difference in ow and battle 

that should not be the case

in pve yes, not in pvp tho

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Thonys said:

it is the game tho 

and realistic logic of transporting  stuff

think about it you have to transport a  wood log ,but the cottonsail is always at your reach

that's strange .

And why do I repair different amounts on OW and in Battle? Tell me that logic

Because thats the topic we talk about. Not repairs itself or repairs in ports or something

9 minutes ago, trashiiii said:

And why do I repair different amounts on OW and in Battle? Tell me that logic

Because thats the topic we talk about. Not repairs itself or repairs in ports or something

sorry wrong topic i was reacting to a other topic (glitch)

it has nothing with this post sorry (mod delete)

sorry for the confusion.

carry on

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

If you repair in OW, you can burn all your repairs in one shot, obliging you to find replacements somewhere. Not obvious between two PvP fights or for hostility grinding. Often, this obliges you to make a break back to friendly waters.

• Like 2

in my opinion it should be the other way around. Repairs in battle should be expensive and in OW cheap. I reported many times that you dont know how many repairs you will need when you click repair in OW and that you cant abort the repair progress in case you would use all your repairs.

• Like 3

U should get an option if you click repair in open world, where u can see, how many repairs you need to repair to 100% and an option where u can choose, how many repairs u will use! 

Repair in OW should be a process over time aswell which you can abort though. You see your HP ticking up and if you think its enough you should be able to stop it

• Like 3

I think it calculates repairs for each side seperately (left hull + right hull + front + back....), while in battle you repair all sides at the same time. Thats why repair on OW is so much more expensive.

• Like 2

OW repair should be cheaper than in battle,

There should be slide bar instead of the button.

Maybe, there should be implemented slow AUTOrepair. without using any repairs from cargo.

• Like 2

Captains, this is not a bug.

Please remember that instance's repair have long cooldown meanwhile OW's repair is instant

1 hour ago, Rychu Karas said:

OW repair should be cheaper than in battle,

There should be slide bar instead of the button.

Maybe, there should be implemented slow AUTOrepair. without using any repairs from cargo.

no it shouldn't you want cheap repairs pull in ports.  Repairs at sea should cost you.  

I just hate it that I have to sail back to port after every battle you take some damage. OW repair uses up way too many repairs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pada said:

I just hate it that I have to sail back to port after every battle you take some damage. OW repair uses up way too many repairs.

Bring more?

29 minutes ago, Pada said:

Repair in battle, or do like Vodka said bring more.