Game-Labs Forum

It's all about making the game living again.  To much realism kills ow and too arcadish stuff does the same....

How can you enhance an ow world with plenty of action and depth at the same time? That's the challenge.  

Instead of limiting the action devs should working on the depth instead.

Depth is not putting a lot of limitations to the excellent battle engine.

Every player should have easy access to all the fun. PvP, SOLs, shipbuilding etc within a reasonable time of gaming.

Depth could be many things. Finding rare paint schemes. Looking for treasuremaps. Getting caught up in spy missions, trading with rare goodies etc. So many things could be done. But energy has been put to prevent action and big battles and easy to get fun.

This I don't comprehend. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fox2run said:

It's all about making the game living again.  

Again!?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear reader, did you think I meant "Its living now!" or did you think "When did it ever live?".

Search your feelings, feel the power of the farce. 

Buster (Captain ambiguous)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel

10 hours ago, Landsman said:

Rumor has it NA actually did have decent server pop a long time ago...

Yes, I recall the early days when the server had 2000 people (I think that was the limit) on it and there was a queue to log on. The game was not as interesting as it is now but it was new and different, so there was a lot of interest. I don't have the stats of course but my feeling is that the game population drift is generally downwards occasionally rising for a short period after major patches. 

This game should be a lot better than World of Warships it looks better and has more skill requirements. It's just dull gameplay for the average punter with punitive PvP. 

Buster (could be wrong)

1 hour ago, rediii said:

You remember a period of 4 months after steamrelease.

I think that this is normal. People check out the game, some stick around and some wait for real release and UI and stuff.

If you inform yourself more you will notice most players are discouraged by UI, language barrier and lack of tutorial. This is being developed right now so I dont see a problem here.

Ofcourse rvr needs a overhaul but I'm pretty sure once UI etc. is done new player experience will be sorted ojt and rvr after that. Atleast this would make sense for getting the playerbase up and as most know a big playerbase solves a lot of pvp and rvr issues too

Gameplay was more fun back then. Easy to grasp - hard to master. Limited repairs. Joning timers that made it safe to be close to own harbours and dangerous to be in enemy waters. Multiple duras made frigates common (5 lives) and SOLs rare (1 live). SOLs where taken care of while frigates where spendable and pvp very, very common. Nation chats where living places where players asked for help. There where always something to do and for all levels. Screening for PBs, hunting gankers, rounding up trader ships.... all that... now we need to grind PVE just to stay in the game. How fun is that?

The game got occypied for very dedicated players that wanted it to be a grind-machine and everything had to be elite hard to get-stuff. 

No wonder why players left. After last wipe it became unplayable but patches down the road has made some of it better. 

This game has still a long way to go. PB-mechanics are terrible broken and made for a closed group of players that knows what to do night after night, the RvR concept doesnt work in my book - the nations where more fun and didnt have this "closed community" over it. So many things has gone wrong.

To play a game that got more and more boring down the road - not by lacking player numbers - but by wrong development decisions is hard to comprehend.

• 4 months later...

Nothing's changed, by the look of it. Still not a playable game.  I'm waiting for it to be released still! I bet there is only one developer working part-time. It's a phenomenal failure. I'll look in again in a couple of months.

On 3/24/2018 at 7:05 AM, Jean Ribault said:

Some of what I hear repeated in this community by pvp-excited players:

1. I want more pvp

2. It needs to be easier to find pvp

3. People are too afraid to lose their ship (lose their stuff)

4. We have to get people out of the safe zones to fight

5. This is a pvp server, if you want pve there is a server for that.

Etc., there are more.   It seems to me that if any or all of these statements is real, then you'd want multiple duras for ships, not 1.  1-dura is not going to encourage those goals from pve-preferred players, in fact it is just the opposite.  If you want more engagement from those

Very well said and completely true. 

But, if multi-Durability ships are bad for game then the same applies for DLC ships. Right? Players in DLC ships are looking for PvP all the time. So if someone had a ship that they would not truly lose then they wouldn’t cry about being ganked and might learn from the experience. 

Idea🧐 DLC—- For a small price, $1.50? Any ship can become like DLC ship and be redeemed once a day.

1 hour ago, Old Crusty said:

...But, if multi-Durability ships are bad for game then the same applies for DLC ships. Right? Players in DLC ships are looking for PvP all the time. So if someone had a ship that they would not truly lose then they wouldn’t cry about being ganked and might learn from the experience. ...

I am in the camp that agrees with you there.  DLC ships are in effect the same as multi-dura ships, with the exception that they are currently OP and should not be.  But people are saying it increases pvp.  Well it's clear to me that's because they know they get another one after the loss.  Same as multi-dura.  Without a real effect on the economy we might as well have the multi-dura ships back.

Edited by Jean Ribault

If they redeemed it, sail it and lose it. They will have to wait until they can redeem a new one.

If they sail it, survive all the battles, return to port and the timer to redeem another runs out, yes.

Please be clear on your explanation not to cause unnecessary confusion whatever the issues you see with the product.

3 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

If they redeemed it, sail it and lose it. They will have to wait until they can redeem a new one.

If they sail it, survive all the battles, return to port and the timer to redeem another runs out, yes.

Please be clear on your explanation not to cause unnecessary confusion whatever the issues you see with the product.

Are you responding to me HW?  You didn't quote who.  However, I think personally my comment was clear, whether or not you tend to agree. ;)  My point is very simple, if you don't really "feel" the loss then you are encouraged to fight more, or at least not dis-couraged.  The other relevant discussion though is mods that you put on the ship, whether lost or not.

Not in agreement nor in disagreement, nor referring to loss or not. 

Pointing out the specific rule of DLC as i felt needed given a less than clear statement. Not implying anything else than that. Just a much needed clarification.

I must also note that the DLC ships can be used in both servers, Caribbean and PvE.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Ok firstly i was not in this game when we had Multi-dura ships. DLC ships are so popular becouse they are so cheap to replace Hercules costs you around 70k to replace while comparable crafted ship costs you at least 5 times as much.

2 solutions:

-Bring multi-dura ships back

-Rewoke reward system

Im personaly for rewoke of reward system it will be more positive for economy than multi dura ships

1 hour ago, Lovec1990 said:

Im personaly for rewoke of reward system it will be more positive for economy than multi dura ships

General consensus on the topic is that PVP/Combat marks are going away in their current form to be replaced by alternative currencies.

Incidentally this also solves people farming alts for pvp marks.

2 minutes ago, Ove Gjedde said:

General consensus on the topic is that PVP/Combat marks are going away in their current form to be replaced by alternative currencies.

Incidentally this also solves people farming alts for pvp marks.

Replacing with alternative currencies does not change the reward system it will just change the name of PvP/Combat mark. Issue of current reward system it that it punish loser too much Multi-dura ships would migate this issue alot, but rewoke of reward system will remove desire for multi-dura ships.