Game-Labs Forum

I would like to see increased durability returned. A single durability is too fragile to risk PvP and sometimes also in PvE combat. It's just too costly in time and resources.

The old system wasn't perfect. It made the costliest ships, the 1st rates too risky to play. A more balanced and simple system would be to allow 3-5 durabilities to all ships.

• Like 1

I would prefer to keep 1 Durability too, however if you feel like you should get something in return the best way i see doing it is like EVE. By insurance now i'm not a fan on the whole idea of getting a whole ship back but insurance for some materials back used to make the ship would be better.

So for example Teak/WO Victory sinks you get Whiteoak and Teak back from insurance, to make it a tad easier rebuilding it next time around. 

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 7

On 3/16/2018 at 8:28 PM, rediii said:

sellable in shop

boardable and useable ship

with more duras ships will just cost more 

The prices are higher now than they ever were.

No reasons it looks like. Just make life hard instead of enjoying playing. I see that this game will continue to be unattractive and have at the most 500 players for a few hours a week in-between playing other games.

Edited by Lannes
  • Like 1

I would love to have duras back. Maybe not on all ships. But what about 4-5th rates and bellow to have 3 duras ?
There are players that can not spend whole day in this game doing stupid grinding all day for a money to buy a ship and than loose it in first gank.

• Like 2

One dura! Otherwise Captains don't use common sense and strategy. Just throwing them against the wall like mud to see if it will stick. 1 dura............you think before you engage.

I would like to see a mechanic that would allow me to surrender and ransom my ship back from my attacker.     

Have a good day and fair sailing.

• Like 1

Some of what I hear repeated in this community by pvp-excited players:

1. I want more pvp

2. It needs to be easier to find pvp

3. People are too afraid to lose their ship (lose their stuff)

4. We have to get people out of the safe zones to fight

5. This is a pvp server, if you want pve there is a server for that.

Etc., there are more.   It seems to me that if any or all of these statements is real, then you'd want multiple duras for ships, not 1.  1-dura is not going to encourage those goals from pve-preferred players, in fact it is just the opposite.  If you want more engagement from those players, then offer the ability to not care about ships.

That said, it's also integrally tied to the working economy, of which we have none.  If we actually had a working economy, then multi-dura would negatively affect that.  But since we don't have one, it's not a factor in today's game.  If you want more pve players to pvp then you'll want more durability.

I've been around when we had multi-duras.  I've seen it played out both ways.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Nobody's "afraid" of losing pixels.  There just isn't much game incentive to pvp. 

That's not correct. With the time it takes to build a ship, I simply don't do much PvP anymore. I no longer take any risk and do Pve only so I can craft bigger ships and get some economy going.

I'm sorry. But 2016 game where so much more fun. 

Multi duras open battles living nations.

Nov we have expensive ships, RvR for hardcores and closed battles limited by BR and stuff.

PvP takes preparation and organisation. Few log in and seek danger right away.

• Like 2

Personally, I've always been for multiple durabilities. I'd like to see the choice to select how many durabilities you have, up to 5, on crafting with more durabilities being more expensive. I'd also like to see repairs revert back to prior to being craftable. For the amount of time I play, I cannot keep up. But that's me :)

• Like 3

On 15.3.2018 at 4:47 PM, Capt Trashal Early said:

Learn to lose ships and this stops being a problem.

Pretty much this. The ship price is in a very good spot right now and 1 dura is realistic and gives value to every ship ( if it isnt garbage like fir/fir warships ). No reason to mess with that only because a minority get attached to their pixels and want some magical extra lives on it... If you can't deal with losing your pixel ships, just go with the flow and do like the rest - sail fir/fir ships only and avoid any fight that you could possibly lose ( nothing under 10 vs 1 in your favour and not vs Ram the monster Dinark ). If that isn't enough for you and you want to be a next level cucklord, just spam chain for 1 hour and 30 min.

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Pffft, in what world does it take a week to get a ship geared up for PvP?  Surely you have more than one to begin with, but with a few marks and some gold that you could grind up in a couple hours of PvE you'd be back in a 5th rate or better of your choosing with mods that are perfectly capable of being competitive.  Join a clan and you probably have ships on demand.

I am the owner of a clan. 

The point is that I have to grind bots in order to have PvP or wait for LH to rise. With the loss of a ship, I need to do a lot of stuff before I can do PvP. This period of time takes me off line so to speak. Hence I'm out of the PvP world.

Back when we had multi duras, it was easy to gather a few guys with "spendable" ships and seek adventure.

I had PvP almost every night. So fun. Now it's not 1/10th of the fun we had back in 2016.

Think about that.

• Like 1