Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Ink

Patch 21: Tiered rewards in patrol missions, redeemable clearance and other changes.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

And I really hope the new UI will also come very soon.

Some people were hoping it would happen at the same time as the redeemable clearance.

We never gave any indication to this
please do not build castles in the sky in your mind  - OR you will be disappointed. We will let you know when we know the eta on UI

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Ok...

Losing the mission and any unclaimed rewards at reset is not acceptable for a global game.  I'd like to suggest a timer be granted so all players have 24 hours to complete the mission from the time they accept it.

 

  1. you cant lose that mission
  2. just like deleting the outpost without reading the warning you can only make the mistake once.

But the main reason is simple
Event changes location on maintenance and thus must distribute rewards before maintenance, there is no other way.  Simple and clear rules, want to log off - click a button.
Also Claiming takes less than 1 min in a port. 
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, admin said:
  1. you cant lose that mission
  2. just like deleting the outpost without reading the warning you can only make the mistake once.

But the main reason is simple
Event changes location on maintenance and thus must distribute rewards before maintenance, there is no other way.  Simple and clear rules, want to log off - click a button.
Also Claiming takes less than 1 min in a port. 
 

I understand the limitations you are working with, but there could be work arounds...  Leave all of the patrol zones are always active for example and only people with the mission gets credit, so if it moves to a different location tomorrow anyone still with the mission would be able to complete whatever they can before their 24 hrs are up, and then they would only be able to take a mission for the most recent zone.  My concern is around players in different timezones.  Its all good if reset happens while you are alseep or at work, but for some I understand reset often even happens middle of primetime play hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I understand the limitations you are working with, but there could be work arounds...  Leave all of the patrol zones are always active for example and only people with the mission gets credit, so if it moves to a different location tomorrow anyone still with the mission would be able to complete whatever they can before their 24 hrs are up, and then they would only be able to take a mission for the most recent zone.  My concern is around players in different timezones.  Its all good if reset happens while you are alseep or at work, but for some I understand reset often even happens middle of primetime play hours.

Your not suppose to get the maxed out ever day.  DO your grind, get your reward if you lucky you might get 10+ marks.  Only the die hards will ever reach that max pay out and I don't see it happening without a lot of hours doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

We never gave any indication to this
please do not build castles in the sky in your mind  - OR you will be disappointed. We will let you know when we know the eta on UI

I don't personally expect anything anymore. When it's here it's here.

And I read what you post in patch 19:

 

Quote

 

Plans for March/Early April

  • Integration of the open world UI into the game
  • Finalization of tutorial
  • Premium ship pack containing 3 ships (2 of which could be acquired in game by other means)

 

 

But I know people who because of the redeemable wipe thought it would be the sign for UI. :D

The reason I hope the UI will come soon is mostly while thinking about new player retention and nothing else. I can play with the way it is now, let's be honest if I'm still here playing after 2 years and 3 months that means that I can live with a lot of stuff going on in this game.

But when thinking about new players with their expectations I think a nice UI will help them appreciate more the beauty of the game which in the end will mean more people playing, and less negative reviews (maybe?) from new players.

Edited by Louis Garneray
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

I don't personally expect anything anymore. When it's here it's here.

And I read what you post in patch 19:

We never guarantee exact dates - and even we say a date it might change because reasons, storms and shallows.
There is also no year indication there for safety ;)
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Your not suppose to get the maxed out ever day.  DO your grind, get your reward if you lucky you might get 10+ marks.  Only the die hards will ever reach that max pay out and I don't see it happening without a lot of hours doing it.

But thats not the point.   Granted not everyone needs to sleep or work, but for some reset happens in the wee hours, and they get a chance to login 14 hours later leaving 10 hours to grind as much as they like.  Others get their chance to login with an hour or 2 of the reset and have 20+ hours to grind as much as they like.  Still others only get to login a couple of hours before reset so only have a couple of hours to grind.

My point is giving everyone 24 hrs from the time they accept the mission is fair to everyone regardless of what timezone they are in.

Not a big deal to me, I get 2-3 hours a day to grind it if i want, though honestly so far it doesn't appeal to me at all.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ink said:

 

  • Tired rewards added to patrol missions:
    • 1st tier: 5000 damage - 3 PVP marks
    • 2nd tier: 20000 damage -10 PVP marks
    • 3rd tier: 70000 damage - 20 PVP marks
    • 4th tier: 200000 damage - 30 PVP marks
    • 5th tier: 500000 damage - 50 PVP marks
      • Next tier unlocks automatically once previous tier damage threshold is completed
      • Current damage done can be checked either in a port or on the map (by pointing out on the mission's swords)
  • Players can only take one patrol mission per day. If you claimed a reward you can take another patrol mission only after next maintenance.
  • Players passing by through patrol area without active mission will be warned that they are in patrol area.

nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ink said:

BR limits will come within one of the next patches.

Best to implement a proper lobby then, to teleport people right into action ... you will create cheap fast arena action this way, but only at the cost of lesser OW life = action = pvp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Trino said:

Best to implement a proper lobby then, to teleport people right into action ... you will create cheap fast arena action this way, but only at the cost of lesser OW life = action = pvp

I think they call that Legends?  Seriously, why does this stuff even exist in the OW game? Sure, give us PvP-generating tools like raids, blockades, real patrols with beginnings and ends, hunt and seek, etc... but please leave the magical RoE differences, BR limitations, etc. etc. out of it. It has no place in a sandbox game.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wraith said:

I think they call that Legends?  Seriously, why does this stuff even exist in the OW game? Sure, give us PvP-generating tools like raids, blockades, real patrols with beginnings and ends, hunt and seek, etc... but please leave the magical RoE differences, BR limitations, etc. etc. out of it. It has no place in a sandbox game.

You already have artificial limitations - eg. 25 ships on each side. BR limits simply make it more fair and make battles more engaging.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battles in zones should be open for 2-3 min for anyone to join and then after that the BR limits should apply

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, admin said:

We never guarantee exact dates - and even we say a date it might change because reasons, storms and shallows.
There is also no year indication there for safety ;)
 

But but but a teaser?  You gave us one with the last couple of patches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vazco said:

You already have artificial limitations - eg. 25 ships on each side. BR limits simply make it more fair and make battles more engaging.

BR limit is BS. Its freaking OW game not NA Legends

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, admin said:

We never guarantee exact dates - and even we say a date it might change because reasons, storms and shallows.
There is also no year indication there for safety ;)
 

This is a hidden teaser. We will get storms in battles (with big waves) and proper shallows in combat :rolleyes:

Edited by Trashed Privateer
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

This is a hidden teaser. We will get storms in battles (with big waves) and proper shallows in combat :rolleyes:

... or not. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ketunpoika said:

BR limit is BS. Its freaking OW game not NA Legends

Why do you tolerate it in PB's then? According to your argumentation, PB's should be free for all - if you have 100 players in your nation, bring them all in! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SKurj said:

But thats not the point.   Granted not everyone needs to sleep or work, but for some reset happens in the wee hours, and they get a chance to login 14 hours later leaving 10 hours to grind as much as they like.  Others get their chance to login with an hour or 2 of the reset and have 20+ hours to grind as much as they like.  Still others only get to login a couple of hours before reset so only have a couple of hours to grind.

My point is giving everyone 24 hrs from the time they accept the mission is fair to everyone regardless of what timezone they are in.

Not a big deal to me, I get 2-3 hours a day to grind it if i want, though honestly so far it doesn't appeal to me at all.

 

You have 23 hours to do the missions from start of server from down time.  What you do in that 23 hours is up to you.   It's based off the game time of the day and not yours.  If you want a full 23 hours than be on the game when the server comes back online.  If you can't than just get half the reward instead of all of it. Hell it's prob easier to do it half way twice than to try to get the full 50K in one sitting/day.  You can actually get 20K damage twice that way and get 60 marks instead of 50 your way.  

4 hours ago, Ketunpoika said:

BR limit is BS. Its freaking OW game not NA Legends

YOu have all the OW to do what every you want and tag who ever you want......these are event zones, you don't like it than don't go into those zones.  With the rewards the battles need to have some balance or it will turn into nothing but gank  fest (which it has all ready) and folks will stop showing up at them.  Don't tell me you like to only win by ganking with numbers and unfair fights with higher BR only?  Than fine you can do that any where else other than that small area each day that moves around the map.

4 hours ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

Will there be paints as DLC or for PvP marks or both?

I really was hopping they toss a few more paints into the game either in the epic event chest or PvP rewards or something.   Every thing still looks way to much alike right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

Will there be paints as DLC or for PvP marks or both?

most paints will be for both
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

most paints will be for both
 

Have you decided if they're going to be knowledge book style, or perm slot style?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×