Game-Labs Forum
Christendom

Surrendering in PBs to Avoid Point Loss

As the title says, I think a revision is needed here.  In the battle below we were very close to the end of the fight and within 100 points.  This particular player was dual boxing on 2 princes, one was on the verge of sinking and the other was going to cap a circle to deny points.  LTZ1209 decided to surrender his ship since he was up wind and a little distance away rather than sink and give us more points.  Luckily his prince did not get to the circle in time and we eventually ticked up enough points to where sailing back and sinking his ship secured the win.

Had we of been even closer on time this could very well of cost us the battle with a very cheap and exploitable move.  

Video below

6e9e52f6a54b10f1f7cfded1f1523c15.jpg

This is classic griefing.  I think to help combat this I suggest that once a player surrenders that the battle counts it exactly as a sink and gives the respective team it's points.  If a player goes up and adds crew on it then the points are removed from the respective side.

To add further annoyance, the player sat in the battle for 15mins after it ended to just be a dick.  

Edited by ChristenTrash
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, ChristenTrash said:

...This particular player was dual boxing on 2 princes...  ...a very cheap and exploitable move... ...This is classic griefing... ...To add further annoyance, the player sat in the battle for 15mins after it ended to just be a dick.  

Is it fixable? Most likely... Will the fix limit "honest play"? Most likely.

I'm sorry for the defeatist attitude, but I've been around for so many rounds of crap like this that I've come to think of it as an inevitable and natural consequence of "winning the war" type gameplay multiplied by loss mechanic. When people toss around the "depth" and "meaning" buzzwords the topic matter is what I translate it too. Lizard brain stuff. Sigh.

"You want griefing and exploits? 'cuz that's how you get griefing and exploits..."

Again; sorry.

Gotta admit that was pretty funny to see everyone's reactions. But yea, this is an exploit that should probably be patched asap.

Players who are sunk or who have surrendered should automatically leave the battle when it is over.  They have no ship to sail, so there is no reason for them to be allowed to stay.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Players who are sunk or who have surrendered should automatically leave the battle when it is over.  They have no ship to sail, so there is no reason for them to be allowed to stay.

/edit

I agree,  once battle is over every sunk or surrendered player should be booted out of the battle instance to prevent this problem

Edited by Atreides
Reading comprehension suffers from lack of sleep

1 hour ago, Atreides said:

I disagree, being sunk or having a team member sunk is an opportunity to learn.  I have told sunk teammates to left click and watch what I, or another player does as far as tacking, protecting weaker side etc.  I also do this to learn myself.  Once battle is over every sunk or surrendered player should be booted out of the battle instance though to prevent this problem

He only said when battle is over. While its on going staying and watching is very useful I agree.