Game-Labs Forum

Give us proper clan management / finances!

26 minutes ago, Wraith said:

So you'd rather have no subscriptions and pay to win content?  There is no sustainable model for server and developer maintenance here.

No, I am fine with subs, but not for clan access (too central to the game).  Maybe sub gets access to special ships (unique at each level, not necessarily just top tier), or access to more fleet slots, or something, but not just to access clans.

6 hours ago, z4ys said:

Yacht is a premium Ship. Can you board a yacht? Yes. Can you keep her? No you have to sink her.

Yacht is  a great example of a premium ship.  It's basically a cutter with a fancy paint job.  They should be just that one ship type with a special paint job and maybe a slight stat change but nothing big and I don't think it should be any big ships.  3rd Rates would prob be the highest they should have so folks don't just buy a premium 1st rate and only use that.  Have them where you can redeem then once a week or something like that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

I didn't know that, you can't capture yacht? You can capture basic cutter to fleet

I'm not sure about capture, but I know you can give it to others and I think you could pre-wipe capture it cause some one gave me a 1 dura Yacht to play around with back when they had 5. 

15 hours ago, Wraith said:

Nah, not access to clans, just clan creation. That way a group of players or even a single player who are committed to the end-game can engage while those that want to play on their own pay their single-player fee and are good to go.  You'd likely need to have a tiered system with the more players in your clan, the more you pay, etc. to discourage the zerg. But it seems realistic to implement this way and as an alternative to some pay to win mechanic like free/special ships it's far preferable.

Oh, to create them? Sure. Alts are already paying $15-$40 a pop to create clans of 1 :D 

Not sure about charging more as membership increases though, that ends up being pay to join a clan, which is bad.

As for the pay-for ships idea, in theory (still waiting on this dev team to demonstrate their grasp on it), you can make things unique yet still be balanced (I don't really like the Red v Blue way ships are implemented now in that nations mean nothing to type of ships available, but that is a minor nuisance since the ships themselves are unique), and it would be some of these unique ships that would be offered as for-pay items. But you're correct in that it is not too difficult for unique to become OP and then everything turns in the pay to win.

Edited by BPHick
  • Like 1

On 13.3.2018 at 5:18 PM, admin said:

You can already start supporting new unpromised features by buying forged papers :)

Check. Done.

On 13.3.2018 at 5:32 PM, admin said:

if premium ships sell well

When can we buy them? Before release?

On 3/13/2018 at 10:19 AM, trashiiii said:

Question is what do you see in the first minutes or maybe first hour

UI

Tutorial (if you find it, important!)

First mission (if you find where to take it, find the right mission and know where to go)

Game should start with a question (tutorial yes or no. If no tut can be accessed with esc in port)

After tutorial player has to be shown how to take a mission and get explained what mission is for what

maybe even show him where he is and how to get to the mission.

Thats the most important things I guess. Oh and first missions have to be easy!

Yup.

The game is just intriguing enough to attract the attention of folks who have little history with game forums, wikis, fps shooters, live chat tools, and host of other things that might seem quite basic to everyone here.

That was me.  Up until I stumbled into this I was playing Civilization.

I am hooked.  But the learning curve has been mighty steep.

• Like 1