Game-Labs Forum

Give us proper clan management / finances!

2 hours ago, admin said:

You don't understand one thing
Game need players more than advanced mass tax tools
Amount of players interested in mass tax tools is extremely limited compared to players interested in the tutorials and new player experience.

If game ratings improve we can expand the scope of things we work on, but until then our hands are tied.

Sorry @admin, but it is you who doesn't understand.

You have built an MMOG. The core defining characteristic of such a game is mulitple players, and tons of them. In order to attract and retain such requires in-game social tools (chat, dm, and most importantly, clans). If you want large, active, healthy clans to fulfill the core characteristic of the genre, they must have access to in-game tools to manage the clan. Warehouse and member activity logs, quick-look and single screen financial tools, and a functional two-way all-clan communication system.

Instead you continue to trivialise clan tools and actually go so far as to remove social mechanics in a social game! People may come for the combat, but it is the community that keeps them logging in. Time to fix it.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

You can still see the BR and why do you have to talk to an enemy? Its red kill it. Dont let a new player think "oh it might be Clan xy i am not allowed to kill it". Its red sink it. No names best recent change.

Or du you miss the alt protection that you could write "hey i am xys alt dont attack me" ?

Smaller nations/clans form alliances with other clans across national borders. The removal of this info makes this nearly impossible now.

Also, many have friends in other nations that they like to talk to when they see them in OW. Also was useful for arranging 1v1 duels before clicking attack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

We don't and wont have them because of the number of programmers: 2.
If programmers work on feature A, they wont work on feature B.
Battle results were done when we had bigger team which was possible because ratings were higher, sales were better and grass was greener.
Also - we never really gave hard promises on clan tools/logs. If you really want them - we will give the options to pay for them in march. You can already start supporting new unpromised features by buying forged papers :)

Really? You need programmers to code database lookup tools? No problem, where do I sign up? Have done database management for almost 20 years now.

Edited by BPHick

12 minutes ago, Olorin said:

I feel like at this point we will have to pay for any new addition or change to happen. NA 2018. These things is a core of any MMO game.

I get a strong felling this game is going to turn into another POTBS when they went to F2P and buying things....it went to crap and lost the original game focus along with most of it's player base.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trashiiii said:

UI should show you realy obvious that you are in a pvp zone. thank you

Problem is that currently the RoE for safe zones allows ganking, so that new player who has just finished the tutorial heads out in his 5th rate and attacks an AI within the safezone (the UI tells him he is in the safe zone), next thing he knows is he is jumped by a couple of enemy players so he tries to run while now dealing with AI and enemy players. Nothing in the tutorial has explained to him how he can even bring up the nation chat to call for help, he cannot call reinforcements because he initiated the battle against the AI and even the fort that is close by will not open fire on the enemy for the same reason. Even if he does manage to get players from his nation join they will probably be too late to save him.

If this is going to be the new RoE then bring it in everywhere and not just in safe zones and at the same time remove the label safe zone as it is not safe and gives the wrong impression.

• Like 2

So there’s not enough money to produce more game features.  Is that what I’ve read here?  

Lets do some ballpark maths here.  110k copies sold (actually more) at an average of $30.00 on stream. Yes some at 40 and some at 20. Minus steams cut at 30%.  2 coders salary for a couple of years. Let’s say 80k * 2 for 3 years (most likely lower since this is Kiev and not California).  Minus server costs 25k.  I’d estimate about 2 mil in profit before admin takes his cut.  Perhaps more.  

We can’t afford more features because......?   Some might say we’ve already paid for them actually 

Edited by ChristenTrash
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, ChristenTrash said:

So there’s not enough money to produce more game features.  Is that what I’ve read here?  

Lets do some ballpark maths here.  110k copies sold (actually more) at an average of $30.00 on stream. Yes some at 40 and some at 20. Minus steams cut at 30%.  2 coders salary for a couple of years. Let’s say 80k * 2 for 3 years (most likely lower since this is Kiev and not California).  Minus server costs 25k.  I’d estimate about 2 mil in profit before admin takes his cut.  Perhaps more.  

We can’t afford more features because......?   Some might say we’ve already paid for them actually 

you forget the ship coders

@admin what's complicated about the tax system? You have the base code for shop tax, surely it can be adapted for clan. Are your programmers struggling with concurrency? They don't know how to avoid race conditions to make the process faster? At this point we expect nothing but blue rectangles for the interface. Just wanna see the functionality. 

You're not gonna get better review if the game is not that great. People playing alone in this game, i.e starting out, will lose interest quick thanks to your PvP first nonsense, they'll enjoy the game more being part of a clan and consistently playing with the same group of people. If you cannot see how this is important for the game, then I will tell you now, your game is not gonna progress much further before you shut it down for whatever reasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

advertising will only work when ui is finished and tutorial is finished and game is localized. advertising before that will waste resources and players (you can only make a good first impression once). 

until then there will be no clan management features - UNLESS we see great results in premium ship sales. We guarantee that if premium ships sell well we will increase the team.

How is the premium ship going to be marketed? I am genuinely curious.

3 hours ago, admin said:

UNLESS we see great results in premium ship sales

Finally some reasonable way to throw some of my money at you :P If those ships are not going to be OP, I think it's a better idea than eg. forged papers. If nation dies, people need forged papers to move on. Not everyone will buy them, many will quit and diminish content for others. Just a thought. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vazco said:

Finally some reasonable way to throw some of my money at you :P If those ships are not going to be OP, I think it's a better idea than eg. forged papers. If nation dies, people need forged papers to move on. Not everyone will buy them, many will quit and diminish content for others. Just a thought. 

2 of the premium ships are already ingame (quote by admin therefore i dont think they will be op) might be santa + rattle

How will premium shipe be handled, I ask myself? What happens if you get boarded in your 20$ 1st rate by somebody who hasn't bought the ship? Will he be able to keep the ship while not having paid for it? Or will you simply be immune to boarding which will grant super OP advantage in battles??

20 minutes ago, vazco said:

Absolutely. There needs to be a single use forged papers for like $5. 

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

I'll have to add my voice of discontent with @admin's flippant responses to the request for more clan-based management tools. Per the design decisions made in the past clans form the heart of the end-game content in Naval Action. They are the only mechanism by which RvR occurs and I suspect makes up the majority of how PvP is generated (in terms of numbers of players involved, ships lost, etc.). Right now, the tools aren't there to manage large clans and create useful content around clan-based activities for players.

To indicate to players that we need to create better Steam Reviews and to buy more premium content presumably in exchange for barely adequate tools to facilitate creating end-game content means only one thing: The developers do not want players in the game for that long.

I believe this may have been a decision from the outset by making this a one-time, premium game purchase instead of a recurring MMO, subscription-based model.  But economic realities aside it has created no incentive for the developers to 1) finish the game and 2) be responsive to users and their ideas. This is because they already have our money. 

So I'd suggest making clans, and the end-game content they represent, a subscription feature. If that makes it so Game Labs can continue to provide new and interesting content and keep the lights on or be motivation to actually be responsive to their long-time players, then that's great.  I'd gladly contribute or foot the bill for our clan as long as those tools and content are there for us to manage and enjoy the game.

If it were a clan-based subscription then you could continue to play as a lone privateer for "free" after your game purchase as long as you want.. but to participate in RvR and get access to end-game content then you join a clan (and presumably help contribute to its existence monetarily or in other ways). If you had monthly subscription income then perhaps Game Labs could hire a real database developer and some staff that could continue to develop and respond to the many great ideas being presented by the members of this forum, rather than flippantly disregarding them because they don't fit the narrow vision of "PvP-first" that is more suited to the distraction that Legends represents.

No 2 subs for clans. Been there, hated it.

• Like 1

Premium ships... meh..

You can't keep up with premium ships and you will run out of unique content... (not that i would call ships that have to be middle of the road in performance unique)

Paints, Sails, FLAGS, hell even figureheads...  limited editions etc...  temporary versions, permanent versions (much like world of tanks) 

This stuff i would pay for... (a little)

I have zero interest in a DLC that lets me flip factions every 30 days... and I bet at least half the player base are with me on that one...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Batman said:

What happens if you get boarded in your 20$ 1st rate by somebody who hasn't bought the ship? Will he be able to keep the ship while not having paid for it? Or will you simply be immune to boarding which will grant super OP advantage in battles??

Immune to boarding only because it is a premium ship would be retarded AF and I would maybe even drop the game because of it but I doubt this will be the case. I think getting exclusive ships without having to craft them is good enough for the money you spend and if you lose it to someone without premium then you can be sure he paid the 40 bucks for the base game and made on top the effort to take the ship off you... seems fair to me ( I will buy premium ships anyways as long as there isn't some real BS involved ).