Game-Labs Forum
Knobby

Give us proper clan management / finances!

14 minutes ago, z4ys said:

As new player would you care hwo to organize a clan? I doubt that.  As new player you have other problems.

New players become veterans in a short time and claim those tools. In addition many of the veterans have gone among other things for the lack of those tools. Which we would start to fix with a log ...

3 minutes ago, Jorge said:

New players become veterans in a short time and claim those tools. In addition many of the veterans have gone among other things for the lack of those tools. Which we would start to fix with a log ...

I doubt that a lot of people just quit right away they dont even join a clan.

Edited by z4ys

10 minutes ago, Liam790 said:

I preferred it when they just told us the ship. Changing it to BR has not hidden the ship, just made it more of a pain. Arnt changes suppose to make it easier? I cant see any real gain in what they have done.

And BR alone is not a fair comparison. Anyone who plays at all knows that. You want to know the ship. For example a surprise has bugger all BR but will tag you in for a victory to catch up. An Aggy has much more BR but I would take my chances in a trinc  given he cant follow me upwind at all.

At that point you figured that out you arent a new player anymore therefore you will have the skill to judge it by yourself. Why is it exactly a pain for you? What did you write your enemies when you saw them?

1 minute ago, Knobby said:

guys this threat is not about seeing names in OW, don't hijack the threat pls , thank you.

Its about new player experience.

Edited by z4ys

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I doubt that a lot of people just quit right away they dont even join a clan.

As it turns out that in this game it is important to belong to a clan because if you are not in one you will lose an important part of it, the PBs. I don't know if you think RvR is not very important ...

Just now, Jorge said:

As it turns out that in this game it is important to belong to a clan because if you are not in one you will lose an important part of it, the PBs. I don't know if you think RvR is not very important ...

its endgame content so yes it is not important for new players.

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

At that point you figured that out you arent a new player anymore therefore you will have the skill to judge it by yourself. Why is it exactly a pain for you? What did you write your enemies when you saw them?

Well regardless, I prefer the old style on this point.

See who your fighting and What your fighting. Is that to much to ask?

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

exactly

Simplifying taxation for 50 members is not on the mind of the player who just bought a store npc surprise
AND - 
removing the names actually increases pvp for him - because he does not know about some imaginary agreements that were agreed upon before he joined the game
we dont want him to ally with enemies. We want him to sink everyone. All captains who dont belong to his nation are nameless bastards that must be destroyed from the face of the earth. And - whats important for pvp:  When they type lol in chat he should only see "kek".  Less communication with enemies = more pvp (+less hate)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jorge said:

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

1 minute ago, Liam790 said:

Well regardless, I prefer the old style on this point.

See who your fighting and What your fighting. Is that to much to ask?

Take it elsewhere, make a dedicated thread! This is about clan management!

45 minutes ago, admin said:

Clan management tools are not a priority at this stage
Before that - If clan member is not willing to file the tax in person - kick him. As a 18th century guild leader you should not ask what you can do for your clan member, ask what a clan member can do for you.

If we were 18th century guild leader we wouldn't be able to play this game on a computer or even talk to the dev. But we would have a log of what is going on.

Not only do we need a better clan system but we also need a clan directory in the nation, with the status showing if the clan is recruiting and whom to contact.

39 minutes ago, admin said:

You don't understand one thing
Game need players more than advanced mass tax tools
Amount of players interested in mass tax tools is extremely limited compared to players interested in the tutorials and new player experience.

If game ratings improve we can expand the scope of things we work on, but until then our hands are tied.

What I have heard the most from new players when they come to the game is :

• it's beautiful
  • UI is very bad
  • what can we do?
  • why do I have to sail for hours to find anything to do.
  • why there is not enough content...
  • etc... I could go on.

As a player in the US time zone I have to say that lately it is harder and harder to find content. PVP is almost dead. I have hopes that the new pvp event zone will help in that department but from what I have seen we still face the same problem: lack of players ready to lose any ship. Most of them just come to get the 10 PVP marks by doing damage... They'll stick to the side of your ship and exchange as much broadsides as possible before sinking in their glorious store bought  or NPC caped ship. And they rince and repeate until they have enough damage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, admin said:

exactly

Simplifying taxation for 50 members is not on the mind of the player who just unlocked a surprise
AND - 
removing the names actually increases pvp for him because we dont want you to ally with enemies. Sink everyone. All captains who dont belong to your nation are nameless bastards that must be destroyed from the face of the earth.

SO your taking away the politics and RP of the game from the players?  Thought this was a sandbox we could do what ever we want.  Hell Might as well go play NA:L if that is what you want for the OW too....

Some small nations and clans need to do do alliances to help each other out other wise the only ones that will all ways win are your mega clans/nations over and over and over.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

As a player in the US time zone I have to say that lately it is harder and harder to find content. PVP is almost dead. I have hopes that the new pvp event zone will help in that department but from what I have seen we still face the same problem: lack of players ready to lose any ship. Most of them just come to get the 10 PVP marks by doing damage... They'll stick to the side of your ship and exchange as much broadsides as possible before sinking in their glorious store bought  or NPC caped ship. And they rince and repeate until they have enough damage.

PVP is the PVP events is also a joke because of the recently killed tag (Cant see the point of it at all) but now people just join after they sink, gain more pvp marks but when you sink them.... nothing. What were the devs thinking.

Edited by Liam790
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

That's your opinion, I did the opposite from the beginning. I do not know why it costs you so much to admit that those tools would improve the game. I think you are looking for the easy approval of the admin and not the benefit of ALL the players.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

exactly

Simplifying taxation for 50 members is not on the mind of the player who just bought a store npc surprise
AND - 
removing the names actually increases pvp for him - because he does not know about some imaginary agreements that were agreed upon before he joined the game
we dont want him to ally with enemies. We want him to sink everyone. All captains who dont belong to his nation are nameless bastards that must be destroyed from the face of the earth. And - whats important for pvp:  When they type lol in chat he should only see "kek".  Less communication with enemies = more pvp (+less hate)

Are you talking about NAVAL ACTION LEGENDS??? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

As a player in the US time zone I have to say that lately it is harder and harder to find content. PVP is almost dead.

data shows that you are wrong. There is a lot of pvp.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

SO your taking away the politics and RP of the game from the players? 

RP what better role play you can get by starting a battle get closer to the ship and see the captains name. For me its pure RP

Lucky you, I don't have access to YOUR data :D

Please show me your data.

Edited by Louis Garneray

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

SO your taking away the politics and RP of the game from the players?  Thought this was a sandbox we could do what ever we want.  Hell Might as well go play NA:L if that is what you want for the OW too....

Some small nations and clans need to do do alliances to help each other out other wise the only ones that will all ways win are your mega clans/nations over and over and over.

This thread is about clan management tools lets not derail the discussion.

1 minute ago, Louis Garneray said:

Lucky you, I don't have access to YOUR data :D

you can just watch the combat chat and check daily leaderboards - those are all from pvp. 

1 minute ago, Louis Garneray said:

What I have heard the most from new players when they come to the game is :

• it's beautiful
  • UI is very bad
  • what can we do?
  • why do I have to sail for hours to find anything to do.
  • why there is not enough content...
  • etc... I could go on.

dear @admin. This was exactly what I want yout to realize when I made my thread about PVE and my posts about content. After a short time, even new players are asking what to do, because there is not enough variety of things to do in the game, it is only focused on firing cannons all the time.

1 minute ago, Jorge said:

That's your opinion, I did the opposite from the beginning. I do not know why it costs you so much to admit that those tools would improve the game. I think you are looking for the easy approval of the admin and not the benefit of ALL the players.

Are you talking about NAVAL ACTION LEGENDS??? 

I dont say it wouldnt improve the game. But i can tell you it would not improve the game for new player that are currently the target grp of development.

Maybe if his clan stop going to the event sin SOL's in large groups they would get more PVP. I know folks stopped going when they showed up cause all they did was steam roll and ganked every one the other night, but that is a discussion from another thread. You really should put some limits on those events so that the average casuals can play them instead of being steamed rolled by folks in higher tier ships.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

This thread is about clan management tools lets not derail the discussion.

you can just watch the combat chat and check daily leaderboards - those are all from pvp. 

Than why don't we have clan logs, we have logs of what we bought in shops and what our battle results are?  This has been asked since day one of having clans in games.  Every game i ever played that had clans/guilds had logs of who put stuff in the clan and take them out.  I get the other stuff about taxation and more tools can take time to add, but logs have been asked for pretty much since day one.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Most of the kills I saw between 20:30 to 0:30 (US eastern time) were in the pvp zone.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Clan management tools are not a priority at this stage
Before that - If clan member is not willing to file the tax in person - kick him. As a 18th century guild leader you should not ask what you can do for your clan member, ask what a clan member can do for you.

How do you know who to kick if you don't have clan logs? There is 5m gold in the warehouse, 6 players say they donated 1m. Who is a liar?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, admin said:

exactly

AND - 

Problem is that the new RoE introduced in the safe zones will chase new and existing players away from the game. Attacking an AI in the safe zone now leaves you open to being jumped at any stage of the battle. The biggest group of players that will fall victim to this are new players. Allowing friendlies to join as well helps to create PvP, but does little to help a new player starting out.

Sorry it is off topic, but requests for explanation of new RoE in other threads is being ignored.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Than why don't we have clan logs, we have logs of what we bought in shops and what our battle results are?

We don't and wont have them because of the number of programmers: 2.
If programmers work on feature A, they wont work on feature B.
Battle results were done when we had bigger team which was possible because ratings were higher, sales were better and grass was greener.
Also - we never really gave hard promises on clan tools/logs. If you really want them - we will give the options to pay for them in march. You can already start supporting new unpromised features by buying forged papers :)

• Like 1