Game-Labs Forum

Give us proper clan management / finances!

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

its endgame content so yes it is not important for new players.

That's your opinion, I did the opposite from the beginning. I do not know why it costs you so much to admit that those tools would improve the game. I think you are looking for the easy approval of the admin and not the benefit of ALL the players.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

exactly

Simplifying taxation for 50 members is not on the mind of the player who just bought a store npc surprise
AND - 
removing the names actually increases pvp for him - because he does not know about some imaginary agreements that were agreed upon before he joined the game
we dont want him to ally with enemies. We want him to sink everyone. All captains who dont belong to his nation are nameless bastards that must be destroyed from the face of the earth. And - whats important for pvp:  When they type lol in chat he should only see "kek".  Less communication with enemies = more pvp (+less hate)

Are you talking about NAVAL ACTION LEGENDS??? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

As a player in the US time zone I have to say that lately it is harder and harder to find content. PVP is almost dead.

data shows that you are wrong. There is a lot of pvp.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

SO your taking away the politics and RP of the game from the players? 

RP what better role play you can get by starting a battle get closer to the ship and see the captains name. For me its pure RP

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

SO your taking away the politics and RP of the game from the players?  Thought this was a sandbox we could do what ever we want.  Hell Might as well go play NA:L if that is what you want for the OW too....

Some small nations and clans need to do do alliances to help each other out other wise the only ones that will all ways win are your mega clans/nations over and over and over.

This thread is about clan management tools lets not derail the discussion.

1 minute ago, Louis Garneray said:

Lucky you, I don't have access to YOUR data :D

you can just watch the combat chat and check daily leaderboards - those are all from pvp. 

1 minute ago, Jorge said:

That's your opinion, I did the opposite from the beginning. I do not know why it costs you so much to admit that those tools would improve the game. I think you are looking for the easy approval of the admin and not the benefit of ALL the players.

Are you talking about NAVAL ACTION LEGENDS??? 

I dont say it wouldnt improve the game. But i can tell you it would not improve the game for new player that are currently the target grp of development.

1 minute ago, admin said:

data shows that you are wrong. There is a lot of pvp.

Maybe if his clan stop going to the event sin SOL's in large groups they would get more PVP. I know folks stopped going when they showed up cause all they did was steam roll and ganked every one the other night, but that is a discussion from another thread. You really should put some limits on those events so that the average casuals can play them instead of being steamed rolled by folks in higher tier ships.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

This thread is about clan management tools lets not derail the discussion.

you can just watch the combat chat and check daily leaderboards - those are all from pvp. 

Than why don't we have clan logs, we have logs of what we bought in shops and what our battle results are?  This has been asked since day one of having clans in games.  Every game i ever played that had clans/guilds had logs of who put stuff in the clan and take them out.  I get the other stuff about taxation and more tools can take time to add, but logs have been asked for pretty much since day one.

10 minutes ago, admin said:

exactly

Simplifying taxation for 50 members is not on the mind of the player who just bought a store npc surprise
AND - 
removing the names actually increases pvp for him - because he does not know about some imaginary agreements that were agreed upon before he joined the game
we dont want him to ally with enemies. We want him to sink everyone. All captains who dont belong to his nation are nameless bastards that must be destroyed from the face of the earth. And - whats important for pvp:  When they type lol in chat he should only see "kek".  Less communication with enemies = more pvp (+less hate)

Problem is that the new RoE introduced in the safe zones will chase new and existing players away from the game. Attacking an AI in the safe zone now leaves you open to being jumped at any stage of the battle. The biggest group of players that will fall victim to this are new players. Allowing friendlies to join as well helps to create PvP, but does little to help a new player starting out.

Sorry it is off topic, but requests for explanation of new RoE in other threads is being ignored.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Than why don't we have clan logs, we have logs of what we bought in shops and what our battle results are?

We don't and wont have them because of the number of programmers: 2.
If programmers work on feature A, they wont work on feature B.
Battle results were done when we had bigger team which was possible because ratings were higher, sales were better and grass was greener.
Also - we never really gave hard promises on clan tools/logs. If you really want them - we will give the options to pay for them in march. You can already start supporting new unpromised features by buying forged papers :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

How do you know who to kick if you don't have clan logs? There is 5m gold in the warehouse, 6 players say they donated 1m. Who is a liar?

It's even worse. 

Without even the most basic tools, you wouldn't even know you are 1 million short without manually clicking every port to calculate revenue! And then you had to have written down what was in the CWH before down time, and ask every officer if they perhaps took out some money to buy resources or whatever etc etc...

3 minutes ago, admin said:

We don't and wont have them because of the number of programmers: 2.
If programmers work on feature A, they wont work on feature B.
Battle results were done when we had bigger team which was possible because ratings were higher, sales were better and grass was greener.
Also - we never really gave hard promises on clan tools/logs. If you really want them - we will give the options to pay for them in march. You can already start supporting new unpromised features by buying forged papers :)

Ok, i can understand that your time is limited, but logs aren't that hard to code right? It's database calls with an UI (which is why i said you should think about logs before finishing the UI, so you don't have to do double work)

23 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

As a player in the US time zone I have to say that lately it is harder and harder to find content. PVP is almost dead. I have hopes that the new pvp event zone will help in that department but from what I have seen we still face the same problem: lack of players ready to lose any ship. Most of them just come to get the 10 PVP marks by doing damage... They'll stick to the side of your ship and exchange as much broadsides as possible before sinking in their glorious store bought  or NPC caped ship. And they rince and repeate until they have enough damage.

Actually Louis people would fight you if you and your group didn't roll out into the PVP zone with overwhelming numbers and ship rates and basically just gank anything that moves.  Out of the 10 or so of your group that I saw the other night, you were the only one in a 5th rate.  Everyone else was 4th or above.  If you muscle out all other competition..... you won't have any competition.  Best part is my group of 3 in junky surprises and store bought frigates prolly ended up with more marks than you.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

Another option I hate is when you have 30 members or 50 or 100 or even more and someone leaves. You have no clue who left. Basically, you have to scroll through entire clan member list and search for the member that is missing. Why? To revoke his privileges from forums/website/discord/TS etc. or to at least have a clue who is gone. 

and these should be part of logs that every game out there has.

3 hours ago, admin said:

Clan management tools are not a priority at this stage
Before that - If clan member is not willing to file the tax in person - kick him. As a 18th century guild leader you should not ask what you can do for your clan member, ask what a clan member can do for you.

You need to put guardrails in to keep people honest.

What ends up happening is you have clans of people that don't trust each other and people fight over who took what.

You can't rely on people to police themselves if they cannot prove who the cancer is in the clan.

Having a basic log of what has been put and taken out of the clan warehouse is a must.

This is more than just a "clan tool" this is for the health of the game.

Edited by koiz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChristenTrash said:

Actually Louis people would fight you if you and your group didn't roll out into the PVP zone with overwhelming numbers and ship rates and basically just gank anything that moves.  Out of the 10 or so of your group that I saw the other night, you were the only one in a 5th rate.  Everyone else was 4th or above.  If you muscle out all other competition..... you won't have any competition.  Best part is my group of 3 in junky surprises and store bought frigates prolly ended up with more marks than you.  

sorry for off topic
we will fix it. br limits will be introduced for patrols.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Liam790 said:

Maybe spend something on advertising before is to late?

advertising will only work when ui is finished and tutorial is finished and game is localized. advertising before that will waste resources and players (you can only make a good first impression once). 

until then there will be no clan management features - UNLESS we see great results in premium ship sales. We guarantee that if premium ships sell well we will increase the team.

• Like 4

advertising will only work when ui is finished and tutorial is finished and game is localized. advertising before that will waste resources and players (you can only make a good first impression once). 

until then there will be no clan management features - UNLESS we see great results in premium ship sales. We guarantee that if premium ships sell well we will increase the team.

Oh Noooo clan tools are being held hostage!!!

Honestly though people will buy them... 

sorry for off topic
we will fix it. br limits will be introduced for patrols.

I think they are needed.  it's basically a ganker's paradise now with an ever shrinking circle and the ability to not leave.  get rid of the basic cutters in the shallow and chop the mission XP in half for the shallows as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChristenTrash said:

I think they are needed.  it's basically a ganker's paradise now with an ever shrinking circle and the ability to not leave.  get rid of the basic cutters in the shallow and chop the mission XP in half for the shallows as well.

Basic cutters should only be able to enter missions it started.  They should never be able to join other folks missions.  They aren't meant to be used by RA"s to troll like they get used mostly for.  

18 minutes ago, ChristenTrash said:

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Basic cutters should only be able to enter missions it started.  They should never be able to join other folks missions.  They aren't meant to be used by RA"s to troll like they get used mostly for.  

basic cutters can only enter if the initial battle is between AI and player. They cant join when the battle start was between player vs player

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

why there is not enough content

People don't ask for more content in a racing game. You have 50 cars, a few tracks and drive. People don't ask for more content in a shooter. You have 30 guns, 10 maps and shoot.  Why are gun and car dlcs content yet ships are not considered content in naval action? Do people expect a story driven sailing game with rpg mechanics? Assassins creed will give you that but naval action has other focuses. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

My clan has made a concerted effort to recruit new or returning players to help them along the early learning period to prevent the drop out rate this game suffers.  Being able to manage a clan with now 150+ members is essential.

Thank you, wish you had said this earlier.

Edited by Atreides

4 minutes ago, Olorin said:

He finished Tutorial, takes his new 5th rate ship and tries to go for a journey. Ends up jumped by 6 vets in gank boats. Yeah good luck with keeping him more than a day. 

Yes, ROE are some complicated that even vets that take a patch off struggle to not make mistakes. 

1 minute ago, Olorin said:

Game is hungry for pvp, and players sink everything they see. New players included. Imho there should be an option to enable/disable pvp before player reaches max rank, only then he can attack and be attacked. 

so you will never kill someones alt...