Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Knobby

Give us proper clan management / finances!

Recommended Posts

Now that money for port upkeep is getting more and more important with the new timer cost and it's influence on RvR, it's time that we finally get some proper clan management and finance tools.

Problems:

There is no convenient way to see even the most basic financial stats of a clan. Like total income and total cost. It's ridiculous that we either need to click every port in town management tab and manually write down costs and income, or write an external script to pull it from the api, to get this most basic of information!

Another feature that is sorely lacking is basic bookkeeping on the clan warehouse. We don't even have 'total money put in', 'total money taken out', 'total spent on upkeep' etc.

 

To take CABAL as an example, we seem to be managing paying for our massive upkeep, but nobody really knows how we're managing, because all we have to go on is final clan warehouse balance.

 

@admin you really need to address this stuff before finalizing the UI.

 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect a bug in the timers and costs. If younset the timer prepatch and didnt change it maybe it didnt change to 500k and still is 100k

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trashiiii said:

I suspect a bug in the timers and costs. If younset the timer prepatch and didnt change it maybe it didnt change to 500k and still is 100k

I also suspect a bug, but without any tools at all it's impossible to check.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would just be happy with logs for sure.

yeah ..logs

told ya..

not that we need them, there s nothing to log , lol

 

i must take a hide ...Incomming

Edited by Thonys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think bug is clear. 

And I'm totally sure that the tools to control the clan economy are totally necessary if we want this game to work.

Edited by Jorge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Knobby said:

 

@admin you really need to address this stuff before finalizing the UI.

 

Clan management tools are not a priority at this stage
Before that - If clan member is not willing to file the tax in person - kick him. As a 18th century guild leader you should not ask what you can do for your clan member, ask what a clan member can do for you.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:

Clan management tools are not a priority at this stage
Before that - If clan member is not willing to file the tax in person - kick him.

 

I beg you, for the good of our beloved game, to try to do it before official release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I beg you, for the good of our beloved game, to try to do it before official release.

You don't understand one thing
Game need players more than advanced mass tax tools
Amount of players interested in mass tax tools is extremely limited compared to players interested in the tutorials and new player experience.

If game ratings improve we can expand the scope of things we work on, but until then our hands are tied.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the very least I wish we had a log of in and out of the clan warehouse. So player A put in 1000 oak, player B took out 500 stone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, admin said:

You don't understand one thing
Game need players more than advanced mass tax tools
Amount of players interested in mass tax tools is extremely limited compared to players interested in the tutorials and new player experience.

If game ratings improve we can expand the scope of things we work on, but until then our hands are tied.

New player experience... just saying that this hiding of player names/ship names has not really improved anything.

Now you cant see / talk to anyone in open sea... which has achieved absolutely nothing and frankly made it a little boring sailing around. within a nation there are clans you are aggressive against, and some you are less so. Now there is no determining who is who.

Also hiding the ship names, while inconvenient to lot of players, is overcome via experience as we can recognise ships by sight..... but I'm going to guess a new player has no idea what a Bellona or wasa or endy look like by sight.

The change achieved nothing and I imagine made it a lot harder for new players. Any chance of reverting it?





Also a full tax log/ being able to set up payments on a regular basis into your clan where house and also be able to be paid by the clan regularly.  while also logging it along with port income/cost would be very helpful!!

Edited by Liam790
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Liam790 said:


Also the hiding the ship names, while inconvenient to lot of players, is overcome via experience as we can recognise ships by sight..... but I'm going to guess a new player has no idea what a Bellona or wasa or endy look like by sight.
 

You can still see the BR and why do you have to talk to an enemy? Its red kill it. Dont let a new player think "oh it might be Clan xy i am not allowed to kill it". Its red sink it. No names best recent change.

Or du you miss the alt protection that you could write "hey i am xys alt dont attack me" ?

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, admin said:

You don't understand one thing
Game need players more than advanced mass tax tools
Amount of players interested in mass tax tools is extremely limited compared to players interested in the tutorials and new player experience.

If game ratings improve we can expand the scope of things we work on, but until then our hands are tied.

I understand your goals. And Im not against them.

If you are worried about new players: make reinforcements area even safer, give them some money to start with (250k would be enough), improve trading (so they could make more money fast) and decrease all the tedious grind needed for slots and the search of useful books.

Edited by Intrepido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, z4ys said:

You can still see the BR and why do you have to talk to an enemy? Its red kill it. Dont let a new player think oh it might be Clan xy i am not allowed to kill it. Its red sink it. No names best recent change.

Well I talk to a lot of people sailing around.

Also the BR, like I said, is a disadvantage to new players who maybe haven't memorised a list of ships they have never sailed. Just revert it. The change gained NOTHING.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, admin said:

You don't understand one thing
Game need players more than advanced mass tax tools
Amount of players interested in mass tax tools is extremely limited compared to players interested in the tutorials and new player experience.

If game ratings improve we can expand the scope of things we work on, but until then our hands are tied.

It's not about mass tax tools, it's about logs! It's about getting insight in our finances, it's about quality of life for managing a clan, not having to click every single port and write it down and having to do this every day. 

And secondary to that, we suspect a bug with upkeep, but without even basic tools there is no way to check. You want us to test the game and we are more than willing, but if you don't give us proper tools there is only so much we can do.

Edited by Knobby
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, admin said:

Clan management tools are not a priority at this stage
Before that - If clan member is not willing to file the tax in person - kick him. As a 18th century guild leader you should not ask what you can do for your clan member, ask what a clan member can do for you.

 

 

16 minutes ago, admin said:

You don't understand one thing
Game need players more than advanced mass tax tools
Amount of players interested in mass tax tools is extremely limited compared to players interested in the tutorials and new player experience.

If game ratings improve we can expand the scope of things we work on, but until then our hands are tied.

Lol, really?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Liam790 said:

Well I talk to a lot of people sailing around.

Also the BR, like I said, is a disadvantage to new players who maybe haven't memorised a list of ships they have never sailed. Just revert it. The change gained NOTHING.

you can still look at your BR and the enemy BR compare it and decide. No need to give the BR ship names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

you can still look at your BR and the enemy BR compare it and decide. No need to give the BR ship names.

You seem to be missing my point.

 - Disadvantaging new players
 - Pointless change with no benefits
 - I don't want to be sat there working out what ship I'm looking at (Given they change the BR of ships every 5 minutes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Lol, really?? 

As new player would you care hwo to organize a clan? I doubt that.  As new player you have other problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, admin said:

You don't understand one thing
Game need players more than advanced mass tax tools
Amount of players interested in mass tax tools is extremely limited compared to players interested in the tutorials and new player experience.

If game ratings improve we can expand the scope of things we work on, but until then our hands are tied.

hey, admin just a question :  

are there any long-term plans drawn up for NA and are any of the ideas from the community? if not I still have some new game mechanic ideas just as other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Liam790 said:

You seem to be missing my point.

 - Disadvantaging new players
 - Pointless change with no benefits
 - I don't want to be sat there working out what ship I'm looking at (Given they change the BR of ships every 5 minutes)

I see your point and disagree.

Disadvantaging new players - Why? A new player wouldnt evenknow Liq. New players can still compare their BR displayed in the left with the BR of the enemy and decide about their next actions.

Pointless change with no benefits - Oh sorry for the first time elite pvpler have to fight each other because they dont know the name of the other side. And alts have no free to pass card.

I don't want to be sat there working out what ship I'm looking at - see the first point. Just compare the BRs no need to know every BR for every ship.

 

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I see your point and disagree.

Disadvantaging new players - Why? A new player wouldnt evenknow Liq. New players can still compare their BR displayed in the left with the BR of the enemy and decide about their next actions.

Pointless change with no benefits - Oh sorry for the first time elite pvpler have to fight each other because they dont know the name of the other side. And alts have no free to pass card.

I don't want to be sat there working out what ship I'm looking at - see the first point. Just compare the BRs no need to know every BR for every ship.

 

I preferred it when they just told us the ship. Changing it to BR has not hidden the ship, just made it more of a pain. Arnt changes suppose to make it easier? I cant see any real gain in what they have done.

Alts I agree with, I think its a silly idea they are even allowed, but I'm not accepting this game change just because they dont seem to be able to ban alts and I don't believe the alt argument was the motivation for the change.

And BR alone is not a fair comparison. Anyone who plays at all knows that. You want to know the ship. For example a surprise has bugger all BR but will tag you in for a victory to catch up. An Aggy has much more BR but I would take my chances in a trinc  given he cant follow me upwind at all.

Edited by Liam790

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×