Game-Labs Forum

With the new patch 19 ideas!

16 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Frankly I'd prefer names stay obscured until the end of the battle as well.   I prefer the mystery, and fighting as flag vs flag.  I don't load up the game to hang out.   

And that's you, a majority of the people that play this game are in clans doing group activities. If your so lone wolf you shouldnt know who they are to begin with. 

2 minutes ago, Tac said:

I think you need to request the “Naval Action Tinder” perk.

Nahh might need a kickstarter to add a new feature... My god we ask for a clan warehouse log and that's too much for a game that clearly has made a profit.

Edited by koiz

7 hours ago, Tac said:

I don’t understand because I’m blind, so explain it to a blind man the factual basis for your “vocal minority”. What numbers are you using to prove a minority on?

We know the devs have favorites and they talk to them, those views get a higher priority over what the majority wants. 

The majority is always shifting but its there and sadly overruled by a small group of people quite often.

Edited by koiz

2 minutes ago, koiz said:

And that's you, a majority of the people that play this game are in clans doing group activities. If your so lone wolf you shouldnt know who they are to begin with. 

Yeah and that has nothing to do with seeing enemy names. You can still join clans, fleet up and do group activities, it's just much harder to work with your enemies. (which it should be, they're your enemies)

If you like to talk join a battle or use global. Or join the nation you so desperately want to hang out with.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

6 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Yeah and that has nothing to do with seeing enemy names. You can still join clans, fleet up and do group activities, it's just much harder to work with your enemies. (which it should be, they're your enemies)

Wrong. You remember alliances, they removed alliance voting  because of the sub factions in each nation. It didn't work simply because every clan can have a different relationship with another clan even in a different nation.

Nations police themselves with the current clan whitelist system and because of the voting being removed they are able to manage their own relationships with other nations. 

Now that has become much more difficult and can be exploited since names have been removed in OW. We cant even tell if they are part of a certain clan. You cant force people to fight but if you piss off the people that work together just to stir the pot what good does that do?

Edited by koiz

Just now, koiz said:

Wrong. You remember alliances, they removed alliance voting  because of the sub factions in each nation. It didn't work simply because every clan can have a different relationship with another clan even in a different nation.

Nations police themselves with the current clan whitelist system and because of the voting being removed they are able to manage their own relationships with other nations. 

Now that has become much more difficult and can be exploited since names have been removed in OW. We cant even tell if they are part of a certain clan. You cant force people to fight but if you piss off the people that work together just to stir the pot what good does that do?

Working together instead of fighting each other. Another downside to the alliances is that everyone preferred being safe in peace than at war (unless it was a lopsided fight) 
I much prefer the no names, I hold no personal regard to enemies on the OW, i'm not encouraged or discouraged by your name or rank. You are simply a red name who I can attack or run from.

You can still work with other clans, it's just a lot harder. Maybe it should be, you are nations at war.

17 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Working together instead of fighting each other. Another downside to the alliances is that everyone preferred being safe in peace than at war (unless it was a lopsided fight) 
I much prefer the no names, I hold no personal regard to enemies on the OW, i'm not encouraged or discouraged by your name or rank. You are simply a red name who I can attack or run from.

You can still work with other clans, it's just a lot harder. Maybe it should be, you are nations at war.

Yet again making assumptions, war is not a constant state of the game... Conquest is just part of the game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Why don't we do a test and make this feature optional?  Let's see how many players turn off enemy player names and chat buttons and who keeps them on?

Time to start that kickstarter.

Edited by koiz
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, koiz said:

For the record Elite dangerous for shows the names of commanders and that game can be compared to NA in some ways.

They got computers and communication arrays, LOL.  (I'm strictly PVE space tourist in Elite, not interested in the combat there.) 

3 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

They got computers and communication arrays, LOL.  (I'm strictly PVE space tourist in Elite, not interested in the combat there.) 

and we have computers and chat... its 2018 and we are playing video games lets not get cute here...