Game-Labs Forum

With the new patch 19 ideas!

We can't see the name of the ship what we looking for . When I want to hunt big fleets I wish to see what kind of ships are in that fleet , so I came to one idea , what is this one ? First I just want to suggest what we could see fleets in the Open World (entire fleet what is sailing to a place) . Second the fleets must have flags in Open World cuz in this mode we will use more times the spyglass (reduce the clicking on ships cuz it's annoying) , that means all ships must receive flags in Open World . 

Edited by CaptainSparckles
Because I can :)
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, CaptainSparckles said:

We can't see the name of the ship what we looking for . When I want to hunt big fleets I wish to see what kind of ships are in that fleet , so I came to one idea , what is this one ? First I just want to suggest what we could see fleets in the Open World (entire fleet what is sailing to a place) . Second the fleets must have flags in Open World cuz in this mode we will use more times the spyglass (reduce the clicking on ships cuz it's annoying) , that means all ships must receive flags in Open World . 

its a old idea , asked many times before. 

but it seems it had server restrictions in the old engine 

now we have engine 5 so i don't know the server restrictions for that engine.

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

As a rule of thumb ships didn't fly identification, only when approached by other vessels. We do have the distinction, at this moment with the info box, between friendly or foe and if there's a fleet associated.

Should we see how many ships there are in a fleet/convoy ? sure. Should we have details by using the spyglass ? unsure.

What would be different than before ? Just another "click" to check information ? Or immersion value ? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

There is still chat between enemies in battle tho or not?

yes but i am talking about stuff like this:

image.png.8275336540fef92f0a617cee0f9fb15b.png

Now you see a red dot you either engage or not. The world is full of targets. Thats what the game teachs us now. And I enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Now you see a red dot you either engage or not. The world is full of targets. Thats what the game teachs us now. And I enjoy it.

Haha, that screen tho... "assclown" ...wtf... I kinda love to get salt like this. Always fun to trigger people.

• Like 1

I was hoping the spyglass would give you more details in game.  Though really the only ship we can figure out is the players ship so we have no clue if he has two combat ships or traders in his fleet other than by the BR and that changes every other day right now and most folks don't have an in game BR list.   

BR should be listed on the ship cards data by the way in port.  BR also should be listed in both normal groups and BATTLE groups with battle groups maybe having a total BR listed for the group.  We should not be using a bunch of out of game resources for these things which should be part of the game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CaptainSparckles said:

all ships must receive flags in Open World . 

Flags with animations are very expensive from the FPS perspective. Flat flags would not drop FPS but look very ugly unfortunately.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Flags with animations are very expensive from the FPS perspective. Flat flags would not drop FPS but look very ugly unfortunately.

what about when clicking on a ship you see the nation flag like grp flag or battle grp above the ship?

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

Should "human mistakes" be coded ? Age of sail is populated with mistakes in identification of ship types, sizes and nationalities :) 

Not pro nor against what we have now, just a design question. Should these "historical" mistakes be a integral part of design at macro level as much as the absolute flawless identification ?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Should "human mistakes" be coded ? Age of sail is populated with mistakes in identification of ship types, sizes and nationalities :) 

Not pro nor against what we have now, just a design question. Should these "historical" mistakes be a integral part of design at macro level as much as the absolute flawless identification ?

This is a game not a simulator and I think folks forget that.  Name me one game that hides the name of a player and rank when your in PvP zones or arena's?  Hell even hides the ships your in?   Even eve you can click on a ship/char and get info from them once they come in range.  

Notice I said click on?  I think keeping some data hidden is good, but other info should be able to gain through the spyglass or something before final battle is engaged.  Maybe within a certain range the info comes visible, but you can't see the info from large distance in OW.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Nice comment.

Has nothing to do with the question.

But to interfere with your own thoughts - I do not play MMOs so I have no idea what you talking about, and mmo has nothing to do with why I backed NA, is just the cherry on top, definitely the shiny gold nugget on top :) as I love multiplayer games. Regarding arena games I can tell you a lot of them that hide the names and have no icons.

32 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is a game not a simulator and I think folks forget that.  Name me one game that hides the name of a player and rank when your in PvP zones or arena's?  Hell even hides the ships your in?   Even eve you can click on a ship/char and get info from them once they come in range.  

Notice I said click on?  I think keeping some data hidden is good, but other info should be able to gain through the spyglass or something before final battle is engaged.  Maybe within a certain range the info comes visible, but you can't see the info from large distance in OW.

Pull the guy into battle fight him while you are still able to talk and see his name. Again why should i talk with enemies? Pls explain. At least now we have one thing in common with new players. We dont know who we tag.

Edited by z4ys

3 hours ago, Olorin said:

Do you realize that you will end up paying for content from your pocket and sailing empty game? No offence , but you are in a so promised MMO and people like you will not be able to support this game alone. Devs already asking for money and rating can you not see it?

by Gold nugget you mean they work on multiple other titles (this is my land... and some other ship titles) while using money people meant for NA? or am I wrong?

btw, any updates on those games?

I am a player first.

Volunteer Moderator second.

Not a developer.

But I know both Ultimate General games are released already and both been widely acclaimed. I hope you know that Game Labs is not Naval Action only, right ?

Hope it answers your question.

All of this fuss for no enemy names. Many games do that, and it's the right thing to do for NA where people seem to rather fire a solute at the enemy and share quips than go out fight them. I never knew how much I wanted this feature until we got it, you're just a red tag to me, no personal regard to kill or run. I attack you because you're a threat that I can't be certain won't do the same to me.

That's how it should be, just the fact that the excuse is "but I like talking to my enemies" is enough to prove it. You can talk to your enemy all you want when you engage them in battle, or friend them.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, z4ys said:

Pull the guy into battle fight him while you are still able to talk and see his name. Again why should i talk with enemies? Pls explain. At least now we have one thing in common with new players. We dont know who we tag.

YOu are a hard core PvP vet not a casual player.  Casual players don't get excited about those things, they run and hide.   They don't have time to deal with fighting every blob and finding out half of them are friendly.  By taking out the names and info we can't make in game alliances.....I mean how many nations where on each side of the Napolian wars?   It wasn't just two nations fighting it out with one another.  They have basically removed a big part of the game and that is Nation/Clan alliances and deplomate affairs.  Yah you might love this but many others don't.   

Honestly I feel they are listening to the Elite again and forgeting the casuals make up the bulk of the game.    

39 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

All of this fuss for no enemy names. Many games do that, and it's the right thing to do for NA where people seem to rather fire a solute at the enemy and share quips than go out fight them. I never knew how much I wanted this feature until we got it, you're just a red tag to me, no personal regard to kill or run. I attack you because you're a threat that I can't be certain won't do the same to me.

That's how it should be, just the fact that the excuse is "but I like talking to my enemies" is enough to prove it. You can talk to your enemy all you want when you engage them in battle, or friend them.

Name one game that doesn't show Rank and Name of the other team players in PvP zones?    Name one game?   Every MMO I been in I can see the rank and name of the player before I start a fight with them including the type of char they have. I might not see the exact build but I know if they are playing this or that class and what there rank is before I engage in a PvP fight with them.  Even Eve you can pretty easily get this info on other ships before you engage them in a fight unless they are using something in game to hide it (like stealth).

• Like 1

I didn't think I would enjoy no name and ship removal but its not too bad however i would like some way of identifying what ships are in fleet because currently i have to id player ship then work out BR of that ship then work out what fits to fill BR it's a pain in the ass  and often you don't have time... 

Simple solution break down the BR for us and list it in ATTACK box so for example ...enemy player 5th rate xxx BR 5th rate in fleet xxx BR. 

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

YOu are a hard core PvP vet not a casual player... time to deal with fighting every blob and finding out half of them are friendly. ...

I not even close to be even an hardcore player... You forget one thing. This game is about fighting by talking and not fighting  you remove one fundamental experience of the game - combat. New players dont know other players. Therefore they dont know who they are fighting or talking to. Thats why new players still attack Liq but old farts just pass by and say hello. Now we all see the game through noobie eyes. Everything that is not our nation is red therefore its worth a fight.

Cross nation alliances are bad for the game. Look at the old alliance system. It removed so many targets from OW that the game gets boring.

All people that say we want names back - I will not listen to your claims that the game is boring because of no pvp oppertunities. In most cases its your own fault.

Again nobody really explained to me what they are talking about with enemies.

Out of my experience OW communication with enemies other than global chat were just: "hello kitty you". - i dont need that.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3