Game-Labs Forum
PYR

Reward long trips

Transporting goods on long distances takes a lot of time...e.g. from louisiana to the small antillies takes more than 5 hours. And in a trade ship it is an art to avoid ennemies and pirates.... But it is necessary to bring woods or other goods from there to here and their is litle incentive to push players to make long journeys. I think that such trips could be the object of missions with specific OW books and rewards or trade rewards.

Sorry for my poor Enhglish

• Like 1

* 700 - 1000 xp experience for long distance , + 30000 credits

☆Example : Sale Trou to San Luis 

* 300 -700 xp experience for medium distance , + 10000 credits

☆Example : La Habana to Kingston 

* 50 - 150 xp experience for small distance

☆Example : La Habana to Cayo Romano

Edited by CaptainSparckles
Because I can :)
  • Like 1

well crew has to be paid so.... yes 

rigging needs to be renewed and hull needs to be careened 

but it seems you sail for john with the short lastname [ jan met de korte achternaam]

Low rewards for long trips is one of the reasons why players don't like to sail alot on this big map and consequently less pvp, but somehow the devs don't care and think solving the pvp problem is by introducing the arena mechanic into the game.

• Like 1

Rewards at the end of the journey wont solve how boring it is sailing long distances.

Its the journey itself which must be improved. Improved visuals, music, random events in the OW...

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Cabral said:

Low rewards for long trips is one of the reasons why players don't like to sail alot on this big map and consequently less pvp, but somehow the devs don't care and think solving the pvp problem is by introducing the arena mechanic into the game.

You speak for yourself and not the players.I like the big map and dont want to play in a game with instant or easy travel. How can traveling create less pvp? Its the teleport system that reduces pvp. The ship towing system rather than having to sail them reduces pvp.

1 hour ago, Fletch67 said:

You speak for yourself and not the players.I like the big map and dont want to play in a game with instant or easy travel. How can traveling create less pvp? Its the teleport system that reduces pvp. The ship towing system rather than having to sail them reduces pvp.

You understood wrongly what I wrote. I was criticizing the fact that the map is big and there's no rewards or incentives to make people sail around. I also like to sail along all map, it's more immersive and give some meaning to all that space, but many people don't like to sail around. Less sailing, less pvp.

Big map wasted if everyone joins in a single spot. I don't agree when some say the arena pvp missions are the answer for better pvp, there's other ways.

I didn't like NA Legends because was only arena, I prefer OW pvp. Now they joined NAL to NA OW and somehow defeats Open World purpose.

• Like 2

Sailing XP should go towards ship knowledge even if it's just a small bit. That allows Traders to open up slots on trade ships and gives you a little reward for trips. RIght now that means nothing for me since I"m maxed out I don't need xp any more, but i have ships that could use the xp in the knowledge slots even though it's nickle and dimeing it.   Other wise shouldn't your reward be that trade deal you make or other things?

• Like 2

yesterday I sailed from La Navasse to Fort Royal bringing some material and books back to my capital, I had a faint hope to maybe get a sealed bottle on the way home. I got a lot of fish that I was processing all the way to make space for more to come. But alas no bottle...

I haven't found any bottle since the last patch and I read so many stories of people sailing 5mn and getting a bottle.

So long sails could have that reward... more chance to get a bottle.

And that too:

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Sailing XP should go towards ship knowledge even if it's just a small bit. That allows Traders to open up slots on trade ships and gives you a little reward for trips. RIght now that means nothing for me since I"m maxed out I don't need xp any more, but i have ships that could use the xp in the knowledge slots even though it's nickle and dimeing it.   Other wise shouldn't your reward be that trade deal you make or other things?

Cabral has it.

2 ways to increase PvP in a sandbox:

1) Force everyone into a smaller sandbox

2) Incentivize exploring the sandbox.

Option 1 is great for the PvP players, Option 2 benefits everyone. The devs seem to prefer option 1, which leave players like me (a trader) out in the cold.

Personal opinion shaped by real-world analogues to follow:

Give (non-ship) crafters a purpose. Make every resource that is used in crafting harvestable and region specific (no Oak, LO, WO, or Longleaf pine in the carribean, have to go to the gulf coast and the east coast for most of that, tropical woods in tropical lands like teak, cedar, and mahogany).
Give traders a purpose. They move goods from specific origin regions to specific destinations, organically forming established trade routes along the way
Give RvR a purpose. It becomes about who controls resources and controls trade lanes, not just he who has the most points wins.
Give PvP a purpose. It becomes about Attacking and Protecting trade, both directly and indirectly.

It all starts with a well-developed trading game and economic system, and it integrates the various players much more than the current system.

Edited by BPHick
  • Like 2