Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
VonVolks

Sealed Bottle Mechanic

This may seem a bit "non gamey" in that people always want upgrades, but can the game not make it that if you have an unopened bottle, then you cannot find another one?

That way you either have to go and get the treasure or sell your bottles. I have heard far too many people telling tales of hoarding them in vast quantities which seems ludicrous for what they are supposed to be, a nice reward and a lure to   the open seas....

yeah me too. perhaps its jealousy, but I heard quite a few people say they had tons saved up, and it struck me as crazy....

I think I may be one of the bottle hoarders - I do not see a problem in this though.

Everyone has an equal chance of getting sealed bottles and it is directly related to how much time you spend sailing in the OW. If all you do is sail from KPR to your mission and back again, then your chance of getting a bottle is relative slim. If you spend roughly two hours per day searching for PvP in OW then this directly translates into more bottles in your hold.

I'd say it's a fair compensation for those of us not doing missions. The reason why I have had "ludicrous amounts" of bottles in the past is usually because I cannot be bothered to go and check them - so I dedicate one day every month to bottle collecting, usually sundays. But I never have more than 10-12 bottles.

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 2