Game-Labs Forum

Merge the nations!

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Bigger nations or alliances reduce amount of pvp as data shows. As a result  we have no plans to change anything with nation composition in the near or medium term future.

change the pirate nation! no RVR only PvP and Port raids.

• Like 6

Its impossible to create any clan-based mechanics if no name or clan is show in OW.
You may have an aliance with certain pirate/nation clan but is useless if you cant distiguish friendly pirates/nationals from hostile ones in OW.

IMHO names/clans/ships should be hidden when selecting at long distances, and should be shown when selecting at medium/close ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Borch said:

Fair enough but you do realize that new hardcore nations werent even tested properly since you added them in game?

Nobody is wiling to really hit the poor guy.

Hardcore? More like handicapped. All it takes is one port from the prussians to completely destroy them and send all their players saltily to a new nation or game.

8 hours ago, admin said:

Bigger nations or alliances reduce amount of pvp as data shows. As a result  we have no plans to change anything with nation composition in the near or medium term future.

Thank you very much. I don't see why smaller nations can't merge into one by themselves anyways... if people want they can switch nations and merge - no problem. More factions is always better in my opinion.

Edited by Trash unworthy of the Sea

10 hours ago, Hethwill said:

And what does it have to do with what I said ?

I expressed my own opinion saying that I would prefer smaller map to test combat mechanics better than sailing in the empty world.

I am reading once a week a forum topic about nations merge and I do agree with admin that more nations statistically brings more action.

Making map smaller was only a suggestion as this is what forums are for ?

2 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Hardcore? More like handicapped. All it takes is one port from the prussians to completely destroy them and send all their players saltily to a new nation or game.

Really ? For me you can take all of the Prussian ports :) I don't need them :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Take the game as is - Enormous open world – Large open world, recreated based on 18th Century maps, historical harbors, positions, and town names. 

That was my opinion. I am not sorry that it conflicts with your opinion. Can we move on now ? We are not going to have a beer over this. I refuse.

Just now, Cr33D said:

Really ? For me you can take all of the Prussian ports :) I don't need them :)

Then the hardcore nation mechanic doesn't fit you. You'd be better off in the general idea of a pirate nation. Hardcore nations have gimped RVR ROE that don't apply to you. So that's probably where these colonial nations get their population from, people who want to be pirates but there's no real pirate mechanic in this game (yet) or small clan focused action that isn't interferred by the rest of the nation (not a solution, 1 nation per clan is pretty useless)

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

People speaking about RvR, and I keep hearing that its now easier for smaller clans to take part in port battles, but i'm trying to work out how the latest update with hostility is helping smaller clans be able to set up a port battle. I think it was trashed privateer that mentioned a great idea with hitting AI fleets that would add up to the required battle rating for the port, because this new update has in no way helped smaller clans/ groups be able to go out and grind hostility. Find a fun way to set up PB's for the small clans/nations and I'm sure that will push people towards that side of the game, as of right now its a grind no one wants to participate in.

8 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Then the hardcore nation mechanic doesn't fit you. You'd be better off in the general idea of a pirate nation. Hardcore nations have gimped RVR ROE that don't apply to you. So that's probably where these colonial nations get their population from, people who want to be pirates but there's no real pirate mechanic in this game (yet) or small clan focused action that isn't interferred by the rest of the nation (not a solution, 1 nation per clan is pretty useless)

Very judgemental. I enjoy rvr too, although I don't care about keeping ports. If I wont keep it, there is good reason to fight for it again w hen it is needed, when I will run out of resources.

Yesteday ended up with 8  lord protectors - 3 VM showing that I do participate in RVR.

• Like 1

Just now, Cr33D said:

Very judgemental. I enjoy rvr too, although I don't care about keeping ports. If I wont keep it, there is good reason to fight for it again w hen it is needed, when I will run out of resources.

Yesteday ended up with 8  lord protectors - 3 VM showing that I do participate in RVR.

The catch of hardcore nations is that they can be totally destroyed. That's not an if, it's an inevitability. When that does happen, people are going to jump ship and invest their clans into permanent nations. I'm not saying this type of stake isn't good for the game, it is. But a whole nation for what should be a clan-based system? (equivalent to WH corps in EVE).

There's so much space in the ocean to put semi permanent clan content for all, not for a select few nations which would be better geared towards the mercenary/privateer side of the game. So much talk of incentive to leave safezones. What content is there for the open ocean? Nothing it's all dead like mars out there. That's the frontier for clans, like real independent clans not held to any nation. That's where the hardcore fights should be, for dangerous uncharted areas of ocean.

• Like 2

@admin Could more Free Ports around the map help this situation? Especially in the Gulf of Mexico area. No ones wants to sail from Tumbado to Pensacola for example to flip the port(s), then sail all the way back down to then have to repeat the trip the next day. I know there is El Rancho but with the exception of a few ports there  are massive safe zones either side of it that can't be captured and it is still up to an hour's sail to again Pensacola area if that is where you want to do RvR. I'm sure the Florida area would benefit from a nearby Free Port as well.

Edited by NethrosDefectus
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

The catch of hardcore nations is that they can be totally destroyed. That's not an if, it's an inevitability. When that does happen, people are going to jump ship and invest their clans into permanent nations. I'm not saying this type of stake isn't good for the game, it is. But a whole nation for what should be a clan-based system? (equivalent to WH corps in EVE).

There's so much space in the ocean to put semi permanent clan content for all, not for a select few nations which would be better geared towards the mercenary/privateer side of the game. So much talk of incentive to leave safezones. What content is there for the open ocean? Nothing it's all dead like mars out there. That's the frontier for clans, like real independent clans not held to any nation. That's where the hardcore fights should be, for dangerous uncharted areas of ocean.

Destroyed ? you can only loose ports. Nation is players not ports.

But I do agree with you that loosing all of the ports would have an impact on numbers of players within a nation.

Same as I agree that there is a room for more contect.

Where I don't agree is safe zones that are protecting everyone as this is actually denying content same as current size of the map which is denying content too.

Less nations will not increase amount of pvp. It will be same 500 ppl which only 20% off is looking actively for pvp in the huge ow. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just reduce map size to Hispaniola Region, may be quarter of current map, actually test the RVR, Trade, PVP with denser population, how it is supposed to be.

With increasing population, increase map size.

For how many average players, the current map is designed for? Shouldn’t be 350 players, I guess...

• Like 2