Game-Labs Forum

patroll mission thoughts

so the pvp missions are a load of fun. people are worried about them being gank fest but the reality is that you never know if your going to get the upper hand with BR or not. after one full evening in the circles I can honestly say that this was prolly the most fun I have had playing NA since the pop was 2000 players. I think people will rage when they loose their good ships. but hopefully after today they have learned that you shouldn't take good ships into the pvp circles. it will need tweaking as always but the idea here is great. and the fact that the battles stay open for 25mins is great I think. I know some people wont like it. but the reality is that the battle staying open longer makes more content for more players therefore I think it will help the playerbase stay around. yes people will be mad when they get ganked. but they only have to do 20k damage to get 10 pvp marks. any storebougth 5th rate is able to do 20k damage in battle and 10 pvp marks is worth way more than a store bought 5th rate. so even if these guys sink or get ganked in the circles they still complete the mission. the idea is brilliant. don't let the rage destroy this mechanic. it is a good mechanic that gives us the content we have been needing for the last year and a half.  I think we all just need to realize that we are going to sink more often with this mechanic around. which honestly is not a bad thing for the game. sinking ships boosts econ and trading and helps to control the inflation. 

• Like 3

1. Do a combat order

2. If enemy ship is Belle Poule/Renommee/Essex/Surprise, capture it

3. Put some repairs in it and sail to patrol area

4. Fight and in case you get ganked try to deal as much damage as possible

5. If you sink start again with 1.

It was really fun to me, i got some pvp marks and didnt lose much:D

PS: Dont forget to claim 10 pvp marks reward for every 20000 damage dealt

7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

In my view, the only thing that fails is the need of bringing there all the repairs.

Which is bit weird when everyday the patrol mission changes its location. We just cant have outposts all filled with repairs spreaded all over the map.

Why not?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

In my view, the only thing that fails is the need of bringing there all the repairs.

Which is bit weird when everyday the patrol mission changes its location. We just cant have outposts all filled with repairs spreaded all over the map.

let crafters a bit of time to get used to the locations and soon you will be able to buy repairs.

• Like 2

Just now, Intrepido said:

Oh yes.

Thats a good one. Repairs which costs 3k a piece.

at tumbado i saw a lot for 2k and since when gold is a problem in this game?

Edited by z4ys

8 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

3-4x times the costs of production. A bit unreasonable, for my taste, at least.

If you dont want to use your time then you have to pay others to use theirs,your time it seems is valuable to you so therefore you have to pay good money to buy their valuable time.If you dont want to use your time OR your money then this is a problem you cannot expect anyone to solve for you i'm afraid.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

3-4x times the costs of production. A bit unreasonable, for my taste, at least.

start producing urself then

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

3-4x times the costs of production.

That's the content for crafters as well. You sail and get valuable PvP marks for no cost. Someone else earns on parts of your profits by selling you repairs.
The more people sell, the cheaper it gets. It's perfectly balanced.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim Broadreach said:

Basic cutter alert!!!

Its like cheating some guys use basic cutters in the Patrolarea Ship is for free +free repairs.

Please Fix

Why would it be cheating? Most people bring SOLs and you can't deal with a basic cutter that can't even pen your sides?

Edited by Trash unworthy of the Sea

2 minutes ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

Why would it be cheating? Most people bring SOLs and you can't deal with a basic cutter that can't even pen your sides?

In the Shallows it looks a bit diferent. Ship coasts nothing Repairs coasts nothing. I woud say it is not the way like it shoud work?

1 hour ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

I just tested this. You can not join battles in the PvP zone in basic cutter. If you attack them, then that is on you.

I joint a ongoing Battle in the Zone on a Basic Cutter, 3 more came in over a view mins. Did over 100 hits only on hull and some on sails and crew. I will make it with the Basic Cutter like others too, so i can save some Repairs and Rum.

36 minutes ago, Jim Broadreach said:

I joint a ongoing Battle in the Zone on a Basic Cutter, 3 more came in over a view mins. Did over 100 hits only on hull and some on sails and crew. I will make it with the Basic Cutter like others too, so i can save some Repairs and Rum.

It's a bug, because I can not join with it. It says I can not join PvP with the basic ship. BC now has less than 1k base armor, so it is fairly weak.

12 hours ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

It's a bug, because I can not join with it. It says I can not join PvP with the basic ship. BC now has less than 1k base armor, so it is fairly weak.

You can join when the battle starts as player vs AI. But when it is player vs player you can't join with a bs.

• Like 1