Game-Labs Forum

Allow green on green against other nations.

Let's say I attack pirates and am in a good battle. After the battle starts 2 Russian ships join gb(my side). There needs to be exception to green on green in battles if it's another nation. I don't want certain nations fighting along side me and in a situation like this the game mechanics are protecing my enemy. Sure there will be people that abuse it but as long as there are no rewards or marks it will be limited. Maybe have other nations that joins my side red ships like outlaw battles. It's a sandbox game a people want the choice of who to engage. I'm not saying this is a good solution but we really need some kind of way to deal with it. 

24 minutes ago, TrashiRoku said:

Let's say I attack pirates and am in a good battle. After the battle starts 2 Russian ships join gb(my side). There needs to be exception to green on green in battles if it's another nation. I don't want certain nations fighting along side me and in a situation like this the game mechanics are protecing my enemy. Sure there will be people that abuse it but as long as there are no rewards or marks it will be limited. Maybe have other nations that joins my side red ships like outlaw battles. It's a sandbox game a people want the choice of who to engage. I'm not saying this is a good solution but we really need some kind of way to deal with it. 

The answer is :

NO.

:P

Edited by Thonys

How about the attacker deciding whether he wants reinforcement or not? Can be solved with a pop-up window asking if you will accept support.  Green-on-Green however should never be considered acceptable.

Important: To avoid abuse in alt-farming, keep the defending side open like today, then we can still expose players doing PvP-mark farming.

• Like 3

You should be happy for everyone, who will fight together with brits side by side!😂😂😂

Honestly, if you get your button for no reinforcments, the russians will join other side and sink you!

But then, don’t cry in forums or global chat about ganking or unfair fights!

Edited by Sepp Stuart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sepp Stuart said:

You should be happy for everyone, who will fight with together with brits side by side!😂😂😂

Honestly, if you get your button for no reinforcments, the russians will join other side and sink you!

But then, don’t cry in forums or global chat about ganking or unfair fights!

Stay on topic please 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I've said it over and over, all battles should be free-for-alls. There shouldn't be red or green, just a national reputation that goes up or down based on who you do damage to. 

Battles shouldn't have two sides, red vs. green. You should be free to shoot who you want and deal with the consequences on a personal and clan level.

Yes, that sounds good. This is a wider issue with trying to introduce game mechanics to get people to play in a certain way. These daft patrols, red v green. I've never understood why players just can't fight each other wherever, whenever and let pvp pan out according to the players, instead of dumb rules restricting what you can and can't do.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cornelius Trash said:

NO.

Stop behaving like trash.

That is not what I'm asking for. There is a problem with the game mechanics here imo and I want to hear simple solutions and not NO'S. Having enemy ships joining my side is almost griefing to me. 

I agree multi nations battles are necessary but green on green aint the answer. Brain storm some ideas?

Maybe make it so if a battle is initiated on the OW and you go to join as the third nation you have your own join circle. This will drop the decision of diplomacy and alliances back into the players hands.  Maybe trail a idea with up to 4 nations in one battle and just implement the join circles as mirror opposites of the current join circles IE fill the gaps either side of the battle.

Edited by Capt Trashal Early

23 minutes ago, trashiiii said:

outlaw battles were trash. Boarding your same nation, all the same flag, the control issue

just a bad mechanic nothing else. If outlaw battles return they have to return in a very tweaked version

Hence why I said everyone but you’re own nation.  You should keep your nation flag also.  

• Like 1