Game-Labs Forum

Bring back to private chat options in OW

I understand the reasons why the ship classes and names are hidden, however I think it could be done much better.

Option where You completely turn off any chance to talk with surrounding ships is bad in the MMO's. It's why we are here. To have interaction - not only fighting each other, but also talking to each other.

You want to keep the names anonymous?

Not a problem - if someone choose "Private message" just mark him in the window as "Unknown Player" (or whatever You want to call them - British Ship #1, Pirate Ship #2) so they are still anonymous.
But, when the messaged player will actually reply (his own choice) You reveal the name in the chat window, and allow us to speak freely, until one of them will hit the port or sail away for some distance.

Situation, where You can only  talk to each other either in Global Chat or already in the battle is wrong, wrong, wrong...

Also, You might keep in mind, that hiding the ship name with still shown Battle Rating is pointless. I know all the BR by heart, so if I see a precise number, I know what ship is it, no matter are You gonna call it "4th class" in OW window or not. It's just stupid.

Also #2, if You want the OW to be more mysterious and anonymous, give as a tool to "mark" ships. For example, if I know that this specific ship is a friend of mine from different nation, I can mark him with "green flag" (similar to Battle Group flag) above his ship, so I can have an easy track of him on the map.

Other than that - removing an option to talk with other players in a MMO is totally stupid move.

• Like 7

I do not like hiding all the players names. There should be an option, like smuggler flag to turn it on or off. A famous captian may want his name to be seen, or a pirate wants his name to be private, just to better seal club. It should be our choice.

Like I am looking for somebody, I want revenge, how can I find him anymore ?

• Like 1