Game-Labs Forum

Notorious flag for people on a kill streak

The game suffers in my opinion because the reward for killing a noob is the same as the hard earned reward of killing a very experienced player. This is why most players prefer hunting in nations green zones than they do looking up where Captain Reverse is streaming and try killing him. So what if the game gave people on a kill streak or with a very high kill to death ratio some kind of flag or title.

Killing a person with that flag or title  would yield much higher rewards in marks than killing a noob. Perhaps sighting of these notorious admirals could be reported in combat news. Make it worth while all he effort it takes to fight someone like Reverse rather than farming hapless fools.  The more skilled  player is the more notorious  he should become and more of a bounty the game should have on his head.

Perhaps then people will go out looking for these people and spend les time looking for easier wins.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Fletch67 said:

The game suffers in my opinion because the reward for killing a noob is the same as the hard earned reward of killing a very experienced player. This is why most players prefer hunting in nations green zones than they do looking up where Captain Reverse is streaming and try killing him. So what if the game gave people on a kill streak or with a very high kill to death ratio some kind of flag or title.

Killing a person with that flag or title  would yield much higher rewards in marks than killing a noob. Perhaps sighting of these notorious admirals could be reported in combat news. Make it worth while all he effort it takes to fight someone like Reverse rather than farming hapless fools.  The more skilled  player is the more notorious  he should become and more of a bounty the game should have on his head.

Perhaps then people will go out looking for these people and spend les time looking for easier wins.

we do not have reputation, or flags in the game ,  yet... (criminal reward system)

but i certainly would not object the idea... it's probably on the wish list for the defs (i just don't know)

perhaps they can give a answer ,but i doubt it.

it is not in the game ...  now is like, .... sink the emperor and who cares who's doing it, (and nooooo!..) dont give him.. grant a award or honor for it. 

for me, one of the reasons i do not go sail out  for criminals ..lol.. there is just no reward for doing  it so..(hint)

Edited by Thonys

6 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Believe me, people would club seals to grind for that flag. Stuff like this is very iffy or meaningless in a sandbox.

Seals are already being clubbed, and the reward for doing so is exactly the same as fighting anyone who might actually beat you. I seen countless times experienced people joining a battle on the same side of other experienced people rather than joining the noob side. that's fine but your reward should be a fraction of what you would earn if you joined the noobs killing the notorious player. It might stop all the experienced players avoiding each other in favour of lesser oppenents

4 hours ago, Fletch67 said:

I seen countless times experienced people joining a battle on the same side of other experienced people rather than joining the noob side. that's fine but your reward should be a fraction of what you would earn if you joined the noobs killing the notorious player.

Well here is where you are wrong, joining the winning side leads to less reward already because you won’t get as much pvp marks for killing a single person. This is why ganking is a bad idea and I avoid doing such because I don’t like not getting as much reward as I could get elsewhere. However fighting outnumbered or even battles gives you more reward than a gank. Most of your average pvper consider ganking as a form of pvp for rewards, which infact means seal clubbing gives less reward vs fighting revenge fleet in outnumbered situations. Take this screenshot for instance, and guess how much reward I got.

66212530-22C3-4479-AB19-9ECC466EFD0A.jpeg

I dont care about my own ability or my rewards I am fine with or without either.

I do think amyone should get a much bigger reward for killing lets say Captain Reverse than you would some noob.

The game is not about numbers and you know it, 2 or 3 skilled people in good ships will wipe the floor with a much bigger group by joining the winning side I mean joining the side with the better players not the one with the most ships. So my theory would make it more lucrative to join the bigger noob fleet and try and kill the notorious player.

Edited by Fletch67

1 hour ago, Trash Executioner said:

Well here is where you are wrong, joining the winning side leads to less reward already because you won’t get as much pvp marks for killing a single person. This is why ganking is a bad idea and I avoid doing such because I don’t like not getting as much reward as I could get elsewhere. However fighting outnumbered or even battles gives you more reward than a gank. Most of your average pvper consider ganking as a form of pvp for rewards, which infact means seal clubbing gives less reward vs fighting revenge fleet in outnumbered situations. Take this screenshot for instance, and guess how much reward I got.

66212530-22C3-4479-AB19-9ECC466EFD0A.jpeg

Good on you, but this does not represent what the majority of the server does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pit said:

Good on you, but this does not represent what the majority of the server does.

The rest of the server does exactly what the enemy for me did, try and zerg. So what do you mean this doesn’t represent what the rest of the server does? If you zerg you don’t make as much reward as the smaller group.

Well, we had notorious 'names' ... I think those 'names' didn't find a fight anymore? ... So, we're stuck with no names and no communication now. It makes no sense to me, the world became duller, just nameless people. Why would they flag a 'killstreak'-player?

They went the other way. Instead of putting a bigger price on the heads of skilled payers you simply cannot tell who is who. I played a game called fighter ace online, if you shot down 5 people without dying you became an ace that gave you a star next to your name tag, every man and his dog wanted to take that star from you. I think it might work in Naval action a special title that if you kill the guy with it you get that title or at least slayer of insert name title. some people in this game are dammed hard to kill even for a whole group, the rewards for killing them could be more lucrative to reflect the higehr risk involved

• Like 1