Game-Labs Forum

Bug: Ship stuck on shallows but gaines momentum when boarding starts.

Mr Pellew

I was at Atwood and we attacked a pirate Trader close to the Fort. I chsed the player running for the suqare fort and he got himself stuck on land. I sailed so he was between me and the square fort and got myself stuck on the shallows next to him. I Started pulling him and all of a sudden my ship started sliding forward over the shallows so the square fort killed me in boarding. I F11 reported the Bug as well. Lost my Endymion with Copper and Navy Hull. 

Edited by Mr Pellew
Added Information

Hehe, this reminds me of the time I was getting jumped by a bellona and a trinc in my frigate. I immediately made a B line to the nearest fort. The first volley from the forts guns completely took out the leading trinc's entire foremast. I let out a hefty huzzah!; as I saw the mast slowly sink into the deep blue. I turned my attention to the bellona who was charging in with all it's might towards me straight into the fire. I put 3 sheets as close to the leeway shore as I could take her,, then scooped my top gallants and my  fore and mizzen main sails until I was approximately in 40% sail to non sail ratio. I trimmed my sail 2-3 points win ward to cut speed. The Bellona was gaining fast, but taking a lot of damage too. Slowly trying to ride the inside of the fort as slowly as possible while also fast enough to not get boarded by the Bellona that by this time within musket range of my frigate, so much so that I hit a shoal which locked me into position. An awful one at that because the Bellona parked itself right by be, so close that I was the one taking all the fire from the forts now. My ship was a but tanky but not that tanky. Two more broadsides and I would've been dead. Had it not been for the Bellona who immediately boarded me the chance he got, he slowly pulled me towards him, pulled me so much that I cleared the shoal and shot ahead at 5 knts. It wasn't enough to clear be of the boarding action, but now it was HIS ship taking damage from the forts not mine. All I had to do was rid myself of the pesky boarding party. I was already well prepped, immediately popped a disengage and hunkered down in defense. He let loose with all his firepower, many men perished, but as the last boarding rope was slashed off the railing, I crept forward and watched the Bellona quiickly dip below the waves, a mast of it's own being torn off by the final cluster of artillery. Off in the distance the trinco jumped. I had won the battle, all from this:
"most peculiar natural phenomenon, a man can only wish for such fortune in battle!"

But yeah fix this bug 

Edited by Slim Jimmerson