Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 19: Mega Patch with new patrol missions, new hostility, victory marks for small clans, and other changes.

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, admin said:

There are 25 ports on the map with the hidden feature that no-one yet found - which can make EVEN MORE.

WTF now I'm intrigued....

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

No. 

500k is peanuts for a 5 man clan even if they only sail bellonas or lower. Want the timer? Pay.

500k per port per day from a "5 man clan"?!  Do you really believe this?  I play roughly 2-3 hours on 3 days per week, and if I'm really active over that time I may get maybe 200-300k total  from sinking a handful of AI ships while doing knowledge slots, most of which goes straight into buying/farming shipbuilding resources.  3.5 million per port per week?  How many clans even have 5 active players anymore? 

 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, admin said:

Conquest Changes: Conquest for everyone

  • Conquest no longer favors only leading nation
  • Any clan can get access to victory marks, by just controlling one port
  • Victory marks distribution has changed. Lord protectors will now receive victory marks every week based on their port ownership on conquest round end (weekly). Victory mark distribution is tiered and has diminishing returns. You will get 1 mark extra mark for every 3 ports you control but the max number of marks that can be received is limited by 5. 
  • Example
    • 1-3 ports: 1 victory mark
    • 4-6 ports: 2 victory marks
    • 7-9 ports: 3 victory marks 
    • 10-12 ports: 4 victory marks
    • 13-15 ports: 5 victory marks
    • 16-18 ports: 5 victory marks
    • etc..
  • To promote more activity across all time zones, Port battle timer now costs 500,000 per day; old 100k price was ridiculously low and cost of the capture timer will continue to evolve

 

Ok we where just talking about this in TS and I think we where seeing it diffrent ways.  By my understanding the only way to get VM is your Clan has to own a port.  If you have 1-3 your get one, if you have 4-6 your get 3.   Though this is only for the folks that have gone to port battles, any port battles and gain Lord Protectors status in there nation right or is this not clan based and just depends on how many ports you been to  and are still keeped in your nation?   So say my clan owns one port, but i have lord protector status in 10 ports I been in port battles and won.  Would I get 1 VM or would I get 4?  If my clan owns no ports at all than would i get zero VM's every week even though I have fought in 10 port battles that we won?  This kinda needs to be made more clear.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

i asked about pvp money. I am not a pve player and believe that people engaged in RVR are also mostly interested in pvp

If the goal is PvP in RvR why do we have to fight AI hostility missions?

1 hour ago, Rabman said:

Question regarding the new VM distribution. Currently you can only see total count of ports you are Lord Protector of. Can there be an easier way to reflect who is Lord Protector of where? if you wanted to consolidate ports, but cannot determine (unless people have saved in game mails) who is Lord Protector of what.

I keep my mail but the game doesn't seem to save it for a long time. I can barely find the last 4 PB i participated in.

1 hour ago, admin said:
  • There are 81 ports on the map that can make same or even more money than cartagena (in trading taxes)
  • There are 25 ports on the map with the hidden feature that no-one yet found - which can make EVEN MORE.
  • We just probably need to scale down on pve rewards to make people trade which will in turn make ports more profitable, which will in turn help timers.

Since the ports are taken by clan and friendly clan, I find it logical that the clan taking or protecting a port should be the clan having first access to resources. Right now it's the highest bidder in the nation and of course all the alts from all the nations who have access to it.

So yes make us pay 500K but at least give us control of our ports and economy.

I'm curious what are those 25 ports with hidden feature...

Edited by Louis Garneray
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Ok we where just talking about this in TS and I think we where seeing it diffrent ways.  By my understanding the only way to get VM is your Clan has to own a port.  If you have 1-3 your get one, if you have 4-6 your get 3.   Though this is only for the folks that have gone to port battles, any port battles and gain Lord Protectors status in there nation right or is this not clan based and just depends on how many ports you been to  and are still keeped in your nation?   So say my clan owns one port, but i have lord protector status in 10 ports I been in port battles and won.  Would I get 1 VM or would I get 4?  If my clan owns no ports at all than would i get zero VM's every week even though I have fought in 10 port battles that we won?  This kinda needs to be made more clear.

Its just you personal. Clans dont have Lord Protector status, players do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, admin said:

Captains
Mega patch with multiple changes will be deployed tomorrow 8th March!
 

Conquest Changes: Conquest for everyone

  • To promote more activity across all time zones, Port battle timer now costs 500,000 per day; old 100k price was ridiculously low and cost of the capture timer will continue to evolve

I'm afraid that this won't create more content for the EU nighttime.. It will basically just increase PvE'ing and the grief when someone loses a port in EU daytime and then sees it set at some daft time in the middle of the night.. It won't fix the problems with a global server.

#Globalserverfailedsobyallmeansletstestitalloveragain

Everything else seems fine in my book. I'd still like the PvE missions to include OW a bit more but atm I have no good ideas as to how that haven't already been suggested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, admin said:
  • There are 25 ports on the map with the hidden feature that no-one yet found - which can make EVEN MORE.

Ok... so how long has this feature been in game?  if noone has found it yet... that's a lot of testing we are doing for you....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

It is depressing to see a nice patch ruined by one dramatic change.

I was just thinking why don't they make it depend on the tax income like the upkeep is?   The more the port makes the more it cost to have the timers set.  So a cheap port would be 100K if it makes no money and an extra 100K for set timers.   Than you have something like Cart that has to pay 600K to upkeep the maintance and port timer cuase it makes millions.  I just don't see paying 600k for a small clan that just wants to have a port of there own in the middle of know where to call home.  They won't get all that income that other ports will get so they will have to go without the window, and if they set up any econ they loose it all with some off hour flip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:
  • There are 25 ports on the map with the hidden feature that no-one yet found - which can make EVEN MORE.

Wait, what? 

Darn you! Now it's back to sailing all over the map looking for these :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm in , time to move back to the pvp server.  sounds great to me . get ur npc ship , sail to parol are , get into a fight , sink , have fun , repeat , have more fun and learn and get more gold . sounds liek an easy way for a pve player to get into pvp for me nad i'm down with it.

you know guys , it's extremly difficult to get into pvp. Afteer playin NAL i finally found out it ain't that hard as i thought. (jodgi still sunk me in like 3 minutes , i was liek wtf). First instinct if u see one of the NA superstar (thats is Liq , Jodgi , Hachi etc. the list is pretty long ) is RUN , 2nd round it's more like screw it, 3rd round it's like cursing like shit when you lose and ya find out even though you sink it's fun and now u can keep goin out and just fight. That's what driving me back to pvp server , i actually liked pvping. Shame on me . I think the more ppl you get involved that start to get into pvp , start sinking and getting back into the zone , the more ppl you'll have getting hooked to pvp. So good change.

 

TipHat , see you on the pvp server

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, admin said:

Player names and ship names removed from ENEMY players in the open world identification. You will only know that it is a player and an approximate rank of the vessel/vessels. You will only be able to find out the name of the captain once you engage. Names of your nation's captains are not affected.

Interesting and fun, but perhaps could be a problem with alliances between clans of different factions. In other words, two factions are allied due diplomatic agreements excepting a few minor clans. The new tag mechanic does not fix two allied clans enter in battle (one against other). Once in battle its possible to preserve the agreement in the first moments using the battle chat..:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BoomBox, I think I love you.

a7f7a40823cce7a05d40811101a68740.png

Whatever I know I learned by being beaten again and again and again and...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

There are 25 ports on the map with the hidden feature that no-one yet found - which can make EVEN MORE.

>Hidden feature

>Alpha test

What?

@admin R U havin' a giggle m8?

Edited by PenguPirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, admin said:

 

  • PVP Upgrade Drop. Player ships will now drop one of the installed upgrades into its hold if boarded or killed. 
 

didnt ink do enough? thats very good for farming

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, admin said:

Premium ship pack containing 3 ships (2 of which could be acquired in game by other means)

@admin are they going to  cost 1-2 USD?

If you slap 10$+ on ships that can be lost in a single battle they better be worth it. Remember, WoT and WoWS have premium tanks and ships that go for 20-100+ USD, but they're not permanently lost after a battle.

 

Edited by PenguPirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoomBox said:

you know guys , it's extremly difficult to get into pvp. Afteer playin NAL i finally found out it ain't that hard as i thought. (jodgi still sunk me in like 3 minutes , i was liek wtf). First instinct if u see one of the NA superstar (thats is Liq , Jodgi , Hachi etc. the list is pretty long ) is RUN , 2nd round it's more like screw it, 3rd round it's like cursing like shit when you lose and ya find out even though you sink it's fun and now u can keep goin out and just fight. That's what driving me back to pvp server , i actually liked pvping. Shame on me . I think the more ppl you get involved that start to get into pvp , start sinking and getting back into the zone , the more ppl you'll have getting hooked to pvp. So good change.

Yup.  Somebody finally caught me scurrying out of Cabo Canaveral  in my TLinx.  About time. NOW these trade runs are actually  interesting.  And why I built a shipyard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, admin said:

 

 

  • NPC ships HP buffed slightly to compensate lack of repairs

This patch looks great. Finnaly good direction! Im not sure about this one though. Is it really needed? Do we need to spend more time fighting AI?

3 hours ago, admin said:

You should ignore meaningless RVR and participate in meaningful RVR capturing ports bringing value to your nation or you. 

 

Please, think about something like PvP ranks. For me and Im sure that for plenty others RvR is not a goal that will keep us playing for long. PvP ranks will dramatically increase game longevity. You cant go wrong with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what  about docks

are we going to see more dock space? changes or upkeep for docks

anything on that ?? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you have to many ships, i can help you with that. just bring em to cabalaland.

but seriously, no one needs more ships than what you can have allready.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Durin said:

 

but seriously, no one needs more ships than what you can have allready.

If you do trading or shipbuilding you need at least a couple of 3-ship fleets to transport things, which is at least 6 dock spots just for t-lynx and t-brig/LGV/Indiaman fleets.  Then a shipbuilder needs an additional 2+ t-brigs just for supplemental warehouse space at a couple ports.  If you're an active shipbuilder you also need another 2-3 slots reserved for ships you're building for other people, and sometimes a dedicated fast ship available to transport permits.  Then you need to have a variety ships of various Rates sprinkled at ports around the map to respond to whatever the latest action opportunities are.  Some of them are big ships, some of them are small ships, some of them are PVP ships, some of them are RVR ships.... etc etc.  A player that wants to do all aspects of the game will use up their 17 dock slots really quickly.  (no I don't have the kind of silly money it takes to expand beyond 17)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Durin said:

if you have to many ships, i can help you with that. just bring em to cabalaland.

but seriously, no one needs more ships than what you can have allready.

I wan't a high capacity of dock slots so I can more reasonably put ships around the map.  Even with 5 ships in one port you may only have 2 fit for OW PVP, 2 ships gone and you're at out of PVP passes to play. You gotta either wait a day and tow a ship over or haul around the map to get materials to craft them in which you need many dock spaces or you're severely limited with how long and how often you can play the game without having to take an industry break because the game lacks population to make sure most if not all ports are stocked.

Unlimited dock space but each dock costing some amount of gold akin to rent unless owned to your clan which would be free unless some kind of tax enabled payment.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

If you do trading or shipbuilding you need at least a couple of 3-ship fleets to transport things, which is at least 6 dock spots just for t-lynx and t-brig/LGV/Indiaman fleets.  Then a shipbuilder needs an additional 2+ t-brigs just for supplemental warehouse space at a couple ports.  If you're an active shipbuilder you also need another 2-3 slots reserved for ships you're building for other people, and sometimes a dedicated fast ship available to transport permits.  Then you need to have a variety ships of various Rates sprinkled at ports around the map to respond to whatever the latest action opportunities are.  Some of them are big ships, some of them are small ships, some of them are PVP ships, some of them are RVR ships.... etc etc.  A player that wants to do all aspects of the game will use up their 17 dock slots really quickly.  (no I don't have the kind of silly money it takes to expand beyond 17)

do you have combat marks? with combat marks you can buy labor contracts, wich eliminates the need to craft outside your capital for LH discount, if you craft in your capital, you can operate out of your clan warehouse and dont need to ship permits anywhere. ships crafted can be stored in the shop for ridiculous prices and if someone buys them - even better.

if you choose to craft outside your capital, set up your clanwarehouse in that port - shipbuilding is a clan effort anyway, as a single player will find it hard to collect all the resources on his own. except you are using alts, wich will eliminates the need for dockspace anyway.

that aside, if you dont have the silly money to expand your docks, how are you going to fill 3 indiamans with stuff?

anyway, i can see how someone who wants to have every shiptype in every port, and ontop of that a one-man crafting empire without any alts may lack dockspace, but remeber, this is not a single player game. work together with others instead of asking to change the game until you can do anything on your own and problems like this - you will not have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, admin said:
  • There are 81 ports on the map that can make same or even more money than cartagena (in trading taxes)
  • There are 25 ports on the map with the hidden feature that no-one yet found - which can make EVEN MORE.
  • We just probably need to scale down on pve rewards to make people trade which will in turn make ports more profitable, which will in turn help timers.

I think it is about time to tell us what this feature is because, well, we should test it. If not, what is the main purpose of all this? I think we all here to help to make NA a great game.

Leave the surprises for the release and future content after the release. But the core game should be as polished as we can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×