Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 19: Mega Patch with new patrol missions, new hostility, victory marks for small clans, and other changes.

Recommended Posts

  • PVP Upgrade Drop. Player ships will now drop one of the installed upgrades into its hold if boarded or killed. 

Do you not see how that is open to abuse? You must know your player base by now. 

Player A loads his ship with the top 3 mods, player B boards the ship and gets a nice upgrade as a result. Both players go outside and Player B lets Player A board him in the same ship who also gets a nice upgrade. And repeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'With names we are sure, removal of names will create more tension and will make pvp more exciting. '

this effects more than pvp .. clan relationships, trade agreements, meeting up with friends or enemies etc

you need to add something to identify others.. naval codes .. flares.. personal flags ... something 

it is backwards thinking .. without an alternative

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changes are good in my opinion. Not sure if such high fee for ports will bring more meaningful RVR.

Making ports, many of them, more valuable, worth fighting for, would probably bring more motivation.

It is time for developers, to create a meaningful economy in game, after finishing the UI and Tutorial.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:
  • PVP Upgrade Drop. Player ships will now drop one of the installed upgrades into its hold if boarded or killed. 

Do you not see how that is open to abuse? You must know your player base by now. 

Player A loads his ship with the top 3 mods, player B boards the ship and gets a nice upgrade as a result. Both players go outside and Player B lets Player A board him in the same ship who also gets a nice upgrade. And repeat

But they won't multiply. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

You forgot step 5: leave the game, because no one bothers to do meaningless RVR anymore.

You should ignore meaningless RVR and participate in meaningful RVR capturing ports bringing value to your nation or you. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:

You should ignore meaningless RVR and participate in meaningful RVR capturing ports bringing value to your nation or you. 

 

so that's all but maybe 10 ports on the map. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

You should ignore meaningless RVR and participate in meaningful RVR capturing ports bringing value to your nation or you. 

 

Which ports? 10 of 200?

Dont you see the failure of your extreme change?

Edited by Intrepido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

What do you mean?

 

I believe one of the perm mods will switch from its slot to the hold of the ship. You aren't creating new mods, you're simply removing one of the existing mods and placing it in the hold. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

What do you mean?

 

The would-be "exploiters" won't have more mods after the shenanigans than what they had before they started.

Edit: ninja'd by EliteDelta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago,  Aegir said:

:D

Enjoy the PvE grind boys, gotta afford that protection money. It's funny to see replays of old mistakes.

 

PVP rewards are 2.5x of pve rewards. If you participate in RVR you participate in PVP. If you participate in PVP most likely you are wealthy. 

500K is how much at current prices? 2 pvp marks? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:

PVP rewards are 2.5x of pve rewards. If you participate in RVR you participate in PVP. If you participate in PVP most likely you are wealthy. 

500K is how much at current prices? 2 pvp marks? 

Price of PvP marks is in decline, because almost everyone bought the only 2 books that matter (navy loodsmen and carpenter combat reports, other PvP books just suck and are not worth 150 marks).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trashed Privateer said:

Price of PvP marks is in decline, because almost everyone bought the only 2 books that matter (navy loodsmen and carpenter combat reports, other PvP books just suck and are not worth 150 marks).

Already below 150k per, down from 350k per 2 weeks ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well 500k is way to much. no clan can support. max amount of ports under control for very long. 10mil a day. must control for 7 days to get a vic mark. brings average cost of max vic marks up to 70mil for 5. so about 12.5mil per vic mark if you try to earn them. no thanks. ill just buy them off the market. I bet within 2 weeks 85% of the ports on the map will be reverted back to neutral. a vic mark simply is not worth it, and we all know that the port control is not worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

PVP rewards are 2.5x of pve rewards. If you participate in RVR you participate in PVP. If you participate in PVP most likely you are wealthy. 

500K is how much at current prices? 2 pvp marks? 

do you really think pvp marks current prices will still have the same value as now?

Market is full of guys selling them NOW at 200k. The new missions will make them even more common.

 

500K is a lot of money. Many guys are saying the same. What we ask is not unreasonable. We are asking you to lower it to 250k. Always small steps that radical either extreme changes that shakes everything built for months.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Which ports? 10 of 200?

Dont you see the failure of your extreme change?

There is no failure in this change. Its just your first impression.

  1. RVR is high end content. By placing a timer you are locking the rvr content from other time zones. Get ready to pay for it.
  2. Data shows that 500k is cheap and is still ridiculously low. 
  3. 500k is per clan - its also very cheap. 

How much do you get for example for a pvp bellona kill? Can someone calculate the pvp marks revenue and the kill reward itself?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

500k is a bit much. id say more around 250k. but, i guess that gives gold a purpose now, that is my only critical comment. 

otherwise this is a step in the right direction and I look forward to testing! o7

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

 

500K is a lot of money. Many guys are saying the same. What we ask is not unreasonable. We are asking you to lower it to 250k. Always small steps that radical either extreme changes that shakes everything built for months.

No. 

500k is peanuts for a 5 man clan even if they only sail bellonas or lower. Want the timer? Pay.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

No. 

500k is peanuts for a 5 man clan. Want the timer? Pay.

i agree, i have mixed feelings though. I dont like asking my fellow clan members to put gold in our warehouse because its a philosophical issue with how VNM is structured. We are freely structured, if you want to contribute, do, and we will give you the same contribution back. You need a ship, bam free ship for you because we recognize you are trying your best. If you dont contribute we may ask you to go get the mats yourself. With this gold thing I just feel that we will now have to change that a bit, which is fine, but also just a bit of a nuisance and going back on how we have told our new members how the clan is run. I know this is trivial and doesnt matter because utilitarian wise, we mean nothing compared to everyone else. But, just understand that this is where the backlash is coming from. We all look forward to testing this and I believe it will be fine. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, admin said:

There is no failure in this change. Its just your first impression.

  1. RVR is high end content. By placing a timer you are locking the rvr content from other time zones. Get ready to pay for it.
  2. Data shows that 500k is cheap and is still ridiculously low. 
  3. 500k is per clan - its also very cheap. 

How much do you get for example for a pvp bellona kill? Can someone calculate the pvp marks revenue and the kill reward itself?

killed an AI essex  + surprise +pickle + cerb in one battle and got around 250k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, z4ys said:

killed an AI essex  + surprise +pickle + cerb in one battle and got around 250k

i asked about pvp money. I am not a pve player and believe that people engaged in RVR are also mostly interested in pvp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

killed an AI essex  + surprise +pickle + cerb in one battle and got around 250k

Sorry to correct you there, but the text says " How much do you get for example for a pvp bellona kill? " not " killed an AI "
Point beeing we have to pvp more.

@adminbeat me to it!

Edited by AxIslander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

500k for a port is totally fine. it's peanuts. People complaining about it don't seem to realise how little it is. 1 curse combat missions gives about 250k. 1 pvp mark 200-250k. 

Spread the cost over 4-5 guys its nothing. 15-20 mins combat. job done. Think this is a good change.

Remember this is just for a port timer. So you put your timers on your best ports. 

This is a good change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×