Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 19: Mega Patch with new patrol missions, new hostility, victory marks for small clans, and other changes.

"Player names and ship names removed from players in the open world identification. You will only know that it is a player and an approximate rank of the vessel/vessels."

What the hello kitty? Whats the point of this change?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Even big clans that have high profitable ports can only sustain a very few ports????

Look at cartagena. 3millions per day. So the clan owner could only afford to sustain 6 ports with timers.

Look at Esteros either Little Harbour. 800k today, so they will be able to sustain 2 ports with timers.

Do you understand devs the great amount of salt and drama this will cause on the server? The effort of many nations during many months just destroyed in one patch.

Ummm, you don't have to set timers on all of them, right?

• Like 1

I like the idea of ports costing more, but to offset this more ports need to be more valuable.  there are FAR too many ports in the game that are essentially useless for generating cash.  All this patch does is ensure more ports go neutral.  We need a reason to visit them. 

More copper ports.  Create a mod that is similar and place it somewhere on the map making that port worthwhile.  Increase the amount of teak/lo/wo ports.  

• Like 5

I'm ok with all of this except crafting bonuses & extra slots via ship notes. That was supposed to be for crafters, it's already gamebreaking enought you have access to every rare woods via notes.

Make all ships craftables  and exclude teak / liveoak / whiteoak / bermuda & bonus from ship notes.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, admin said:

Player names and ship names removed from players in the open world identification. You will only know that it is a player and an approximate rank of the vessel/vessels.

If this is something you want in the game .. (I don't actually like it but I can see the arguments for and against) you would be much much better off making this a craft-able 'Disguise' upgrade .. or 'ruse de guerre' upgrade ... or even 'captured code book'.. something .. 

what you are doing now is going to limit some players desire to go out and pvp,  with a name and the leader boards you had a bit of information on the ability of the captain beyond ship br ...

Edited by Retrin

14 minutes ago, Darayavahus said:

"Player names and ship names removed from players in the open world identification. You will only know that it is a player and an approximate rank of the vessel/vessels."

What the hello kitty? Whats the point of this change?

Players have too high prejudgement. They see HachiRoku, they won't attack. They see Banished Privateer, they will sail away and say "sorry, I'm not experienced in PvP". Other players start to chase someone for hours just because they hate the person, as soon as they see him in OW. Great change. 

11 minutes ago, ChristenTrash said:

I like the idea of ports costing more, but to offset this more ports need to be more valuable.  there are FAR too many ports in the game that are essentially useless for generating cash.  All this patch does is ensure more ports go neutral.  We need a reason to visit them. 

More copper ports.  Create a mod that is similar and place it somewhere on the map making that port worthwhile.  Increase the amount of teak/lo/wo ports.  

It will not fix incomes. First of all:

Majority of gold flows inside safe zone = money sink

Another huge money sink is tax in free towns. 

Even if you make more copper ports, income will more or less split equally between them. It's about number of players and players using ports that "eat" tax.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

Players have too high prejudgement. They see HachiRoku, they won't attack. They see Banished Privateer, they will sail away and say "sorry, I'm not experienced in PvP". Other players start to chase someone for hours just because they hate the person, as soon as they see him in OW. Great change. 

fully agree

59 minutes ago, admin said:

Wasa, L Hermione, Santa Cecilia received a slight armor buff

Wasa, Hamburg, Ingermanland, L Hermione, Santa Cecilia received a turn rate buff

Stop it! Wasa was fine till you started to do rollbacks on the nerfs. 

Everything else looks great.

Edited by Davos Trashworth
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

Ummm, you don't have to set timers on all of them, right?

So conquest is meaningless, right?

Why to bother risking your ship when you cant even afford to set up a timer? And if you dont set up a timer, the following day your port could be gone. This will promote empty pb and trolling across all the server.

Tactics, strategy all gone.

This change does not benefits anyone and it severely hurts the smallest. One of the reasons some nations are small is because of low number of players online, those few players wont invest their time and ressources for something it will cost them a lot. Also those willing to play RVR will be discouraged to play because there is no rewards, only taxes.

Also, think that those willing to pay for the timers will have to grind far more than now. is that what we want, more brainless grind?

9 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

But why the ship type?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

It will not fix incomes. First of all:

Majority of gold flows inside safe zone = money sink

Another huge money sink is tax in free towns. 

Even if you make more copper ports, income will more or less split equally between them. It's about number of players and players using ports that "eat" tax.

Even better, Only purple and gold ships with random attributes can be crafted in non safe zone ports.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

But certain players are also known for less than reputable tactics and are avoided for that reason. I think it goes both ways. I can see your point but I think the negatives of this change outweigh the positives.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

Ok let's have a test. But maybe players will now fear a HachiRoku in every british flag ...

59 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Player names and ship names removed from players in the open world identification. You will only know that it is a player and an approximate rank of the vessel/vessels.

Could we have a toggle for this similar to smuggler? There's some situations where the name is necessary. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davos Trashworth said:

Stop it! Wasa was fine till you started to do rollbacks on the nerfs. 

Everything else looks great.

I think we have the names of the 3 premium DLC ships ;)

Just now, Trino said:

Ok let's have a test. But maybe players will now fear a HachiRoku in every british flag ...

If players will fear everything, they will never undock from port. If your theory is true, than safety of all British players will be improved :)

6 minutes ago, Darayavahus said:

But why the ship type?

Will force people to use spyglass and recognize ships by size/shape etc. Not just click click click. Also paints when re-added might receive a "camouflage" value to confuse players in OW.

• Like 3

Other thing with hiding names on Ow: clan bases alliances (like the RAI in spain) have a problem now ... how to decide if tha spanish ship in front of you is part of the Rai or not? And i think there are many more clan-based agreements that are difficult to hold now ... funny XD

1 minute ago, Trashed Privateer said:

Will force people to use spyglass and recognize ships by size/shape etc. Not just click click click. Also paints when re-added might receive a "camouflage" value to confuse players in OW.

Exactly. It will make things more interesting.

Edited by Intrepido

1 hour ago, admin said:

• Wasa, L Hermione, Santa Cecilia received a slight armor buff

• Premium ship pack containing 3 ships (2 of which could be acquired in game by other means)

Any connection between these two things at all?

Edited by NethrosDefectus

35 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Yes in the safezones yes, what about the rest of the map? The only defence against that was forming a battlegroup. Not everyone sails around in a group of six.

I get that if you are in the open world you should expect to be attacked etc, but it's nice to get some warning before hand.

is this even a problem?

• Like 1

Great Patch, i love most of the changes!
- Love that VM's get more accessable for everybody.
- Love that you do not see names anymore.
- Love most of the smaller changes you like to do.

But - I think the thing with many VMs for clans with many ports togheter with the high costs for timers will lead to that: Small clans will have troubles and large clans will be even more powerfull. Independent players who like to RvR will be completely out of business. I estimate that some parts of the map will go neutral and probably stay neutral.

Costs, as others said are a bit extreme with 500k/day for each port.

• Like 1